KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » In the Dead of Space

In the Dead of Space
Started by: Shaggs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

In the Dead of Space

No one can hear the screams of terror from the crew of the U.S.S.M. Sojourner, as they are attacked and overwhelmed by and unknown enemy. At 0542 reports came flooding in from the Marine Vessel of strange creatures attacking, and killing off the crew mercilessly. Eventually, all reports from the ship stopped, and the power to the ship was severed, showing the ship as D.I.A. (Destroyed in Action)) Not wanting to lose such a huge investment, a second ship was sent to investigate, and possibly save some of the crew. Hundreds of soldiers did not know the hell that they were about to be thrust into.

Name:
Ship:
Division:
Team:
Job:
Specialty:
Attitude:
Personality:
Equipment:
Appearance:
Biography:

Name: Jacob Book
Ship: Sojourner
Division: U.S.S.M.C. Sojourner
Team: Beta
Job: Security Detail
Specialty: Computers
Fears: The Dark
Attitude: Survive at ALL costs
Personality: Very closed off, seemingly a loner, but works effortlessly with his team.
Equipment: Pistol, flashlight, three clips, radio.
Appearance:(please log in to view the image)
Biography: Just another soldier sent onboard of the Sojourner when it was cast off. He is not the only member of his team remaining.

Weapons-
Fists
Flashlight
Pistol
Shotgun
Machine gun

Russia does not want confrontation of any kind. And we will not take part in any kind of "holy alliance".
Vladimir Putin

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 08:34 PM
JohnnyW is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyW a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbias3d
Paradox

Name: david fenta
Ship: sojourner
Division: U.S.S.M.C. Sojourner
Job: security detail
Specialty: sniper
Fears: anything large enough to kill him easily, tight spaces
Attitude: cocky, quick to act
Personality:
Equipment:
Appearance:
Biography:

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 09:02 PM
Unbias3d is currently offline Click here to Send Unbias3d a Private Message Find more posts by Unbias3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

This is going to turn out well.

Though you need to eventually put more detail in your bio.

Russia does not want confrontation of any kind. And we will not take part in any kind of "holy alliance".
Vladimir Putin

Last edited by JohnnyW on Oct 20th, 2008 at 09:32 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 09:26 PM
JohnnyW is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyW a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
android217
Death's Embrace

Name: Jason Mariner
Division: U.S.M.C. Sojourner
Job: Security grunt
Specialty: Hand guns
Fears: Being alone
Attitude: Quiet
Personality: Self-centered, twitchy
Equipment: Pistol (one backup clip), flashlight, radio
Appearance: Common soldier
Biography: Drafted...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 10:26 PM
android217 is currently offline Click here to Send android217 a Private Message Find more posts by android217 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Start whenever you guys feel ready

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 11:03 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Name: Xe
Division: U.S.M.C. Sojourner
Team: Beta (since evryone else is)
Job: security detail
Specialty: CQC
Fears: others dying because of him
Attitude: distance, and apathethetic about everything except for others lives
Personality: laid back, but thoughtful
Equipment: Pistol, assualt rifle, and machete, flashlight, and dagger
Appearance: middle eastern young adult male
Biography: drafted and shiped out

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 02:01 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Post when you are ready

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 04:54 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

i will tommorow most likly

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 05:08 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockhead

I will post when I have more time, most likely going medical

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 07:37 AM
Blockhead is currently offline Click here to Send Blockhead a Private Message Find more posts by Blockhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockhead

Actually, is it possible to have robots or friendly aliens in this game? Waiting answer before posting character (medical, since everyone's going to be a hardnut marine).

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 07:11 PM
Blockhead is currently offline Click here to Send Blockhead a Private Message Find more posts by Blockhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

There will be bots, but friendly aliens will take away from the fear factor, which is kinda the reason I made it. haha

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 07:29 PM
Blockhead

Can I play as a robot?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 08:30 PM
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

If you want to, but please don't be unstoppable and just killing everything that moves. I designed this to be more fear based than gung ho.

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 08:44 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Like how I try to do Hazmat even though people ignore that little fact... *looks at Mando* You know who Im talking about lol... Hey Jake! Interesting idea... Dead Space inspiration?

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 10:19 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Not really. I saw dead space, but that was a little too badass for my tastes. This is more like Afraid of the Dark, where you are better off finding ways around the baddies.

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 10:22 PM
Blockhead

Thankies! And don't worry, my robot will be a medic robot with limited fighting capabilities. I'm take a different team assigned to investigate the ship. If worst comes to worst, I'll have to NPC the retrieval team. Let me know if this is ok:

Name: Med1C
Ship: (I'll take the other ship since the story line requires another team) U.S.S.M.C. Excaliber
Division: U.S.S.M.C. Search and Rescue Fleet #4
Team: Gamma
Job: Medical
Specialty: First-Aid and Surgery
Location: Docking Bay 2 of the U.S.S.M.C. Excaliber (prepairing to be transported via shuttle to the Soujourner
Fears: Rather than having fears, Med1C has dangers he must watch out for, such as electrical equipment, magnets, acid, high concentrations of water and high concentrations of air (both of which cause him to quickly malfunction, rust and become bulky and slow)
Attitude: Calm and Logical
Personality: Calm and Logical, he's a robot, not much with the personalities, he sometimes lies about his patients injuries to make them feel better, he sometimes attempts to be more human
Equipment: First-Aid and Surgical equipment, including surgical knives, needles and small lasers (which won't do any bodily harm). Various chemicals and other medical supplies. A side-arm (pistol) for protection, small amount of armour plating for protection (won't stop bullets or hard melee damage)
Appearance: http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/robot.jpg - with pistol
Biography: Created about 3 years ago by R&D. Programmed with basic marine training and field tested for 2 years. Then programmed with medical information and field tested for 1 year. Now serving aboard the U.S.S.M.C. Excaliber as one of the ships doctors and field medics.

Last edited by Blockhead on Oct 21st, 2008 at 10:27 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 10:24 PM
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Go for it, and I will be a little of the other team as well, to take a little of the stress off of you.

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 10:27 PM
Blockhead

Didn't realise you had named the other ship the Excaliber, changed my profile to match

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 10:28 PM
Blockhead

Just looking for clarification in-game. Is the marine that pushed the button to open the doors still alive? I thought he got shot messed. Btw, I masked the swearing myself, no need to worry.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 12:54 AM
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

The marine who opened the door is just fine, but the one who got shot is kinda dying at the moment.

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 12:56 AM