KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Bringing The 6 Bonds Together ...

Bringing The 6 Bonds Together ...
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Warning Bringing The 6 Bonds Together ...

Hey guys.

I was recently watching a programme called "Bring Back ... Star Wars" on Channel 4 in the UK. For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, the "Bring Back ..." series is a collection of one-off shows where the presenter, Justin Lee Collins, attempts to track down and reunite the casts of much loved TV shows/films from the past (including the aforementioned "Star Wars", and TV's "The A-Team").

The show got me thinking about how cool it would be if, turning the concept slightly on its head, there was some kind of show that sought to "bring together" the 6 different actors that have played James Bond over the years in the official series. Does anyone know if such a large-scale "reunion" (of sorts) has ever been attempted? The closest I think we've ever gotten to such a thing was the UK premiere of "Die Another Day" in 2002, which was attended by 4 (of the then 5) James Bond actors - George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, and Pierce Brosnan (but, sadly, not the big draw Mr. Connery himself; I remember Roger Moore quipping that Sean couldn't afford the bus fare stick out tongue ).

If such a thing is to be attempted, then they'd have to do it fairly soon, given that Sean Connery and Roger Moore in particular are getting on in years. Given the huge appeal of such an idea, I can't believe that (as far as I know) it's never been done before!

Thoughts?

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 11:18 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

thoughts? They couldn't get Sean Connery out of retirement to do a little cameo in Indiana Jones IV, so why with this?
The only reason I see to get him out if you say it's a show about the independence of Scotland.

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 09:41 AM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jovan
The only reason I see to get him out if you say it's a show about the independence of Scotland.

Hahahaha that is so true.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 10:01 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Perhaps you're right, Jovan. But, then again, this wouldn't be a film role, so who knows ... ?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 11:55 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

See, now wouldn't it be cool to see more scenes like the one shown in the photo below? That one was taken at the Odeon Leicester Square, London in November '96 (though I'm not quite sure why the 3 of them were together at a premiere in that year - "Goldeneye" came out the year before, and "Tomorrow never dies" the year after) smile .

Attachment: 3 bonds.jpg
This has been downloaded 130 time(s).

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 12:46 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

They couldn't get Sean Connery out of retirement to do a little cameo in Indiana Jones IV, so why with this?

The only reason I see to get him out is if you say it's a show about the independence of Scotland.

People always joke that Sean Connery loves Scotland so much that he hasn't lived there for over 50 years stick out tongue .

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 12:52 PM
Bardock42

thoughts? They couldn't get Sean Connery out of retirement to do a little cameo in Indiana Jones IV, so why with this?
To be fair, he might have decided not to do it after reading the script that was basically the equivalent of Lucas and Spielberg dropping their pants and shitting in the mouths of all fans of Indiana Jones.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 04:53 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Originally posted by Bardock42
To be fair, he might have decided not to do it after reading the script that was basically the equivalent of Lucas and Spielberg dropping their pants and shitting in the mouths of all fans of Indiana Jones.

considering he wears a skirt, I would think the shitting part would go easy for him stick out tongue

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 09:45 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Ugh, thanks for that mental image Bardock ...

To be perfectly honest, I'm fairly certain that, after the terrible experience he had making "The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen", nothing was ever going to tempt him to come out of retirement. If there was one film that was gonna bring him back into the acting fold one last time, it was surely "Indy IV" ... and, IMHO, Mr. Connery made a big mistake by refusing to make even a cameo appearance in it. Those who have seen the film know that there is a scene near the end where his character, Henry Jones Sr., could very easily have made an appearance (along with other old favourites like Sallah and Short Round). But, if Mr. Connery is insistant that "LXG" be the swansong to his illustrious career, then so be it.

Sorry - just a little off-topic rant there stick out tongue . Anyway ...

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 09:49 PM
Wanderer11
Stalker

Re: Bringing The 6 Bonds Together ...

Originally posted by Ahnold
Hey guys.

I was recently watching a programme called "Bring Back ... Star Wars" on Channel 4 in the UK. For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, the "Bring Back ..." series is a collection of one-off shows where the presenter, Justin Lee Collins, attempts to track down and reunite the casts of much loved TV shows/films from the past (including the aforementioned "Star Wars", and TV's "The A-Team").

The show got me thinking about how cool it would be if, turning the concept slightly on its head, there was some kind of show that sought to "bring together" the 6 different actors that have played James Bond over the years in the official series. Does anyone know if such a large-scale "reunion" (of sorts) has ever been attempted? The closest I think we've ever gotten to such a thing was the UK premiere of "Die Another Day" in 2002, which was attended by 4 (of the then 5) James Bond actors - George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, and Pierce Brosnan (but, sadly, not the big draw Mr. Connery himself; I remember Roger Moore quipping that Sean couldn't afford the bus fare stick out tongue ).

If such a thing is to be attempted, then they'd have to do it fairly soon, given that Sean Connery and Roger Moore in particular are getting on in years. Given the huge appeal of such an idea, I can't believe that (as far as I know) it's never been done before!

Thoughts?

I cannot see anything wrong in someone attempting this. After watching all of the Bring Back… specials I think that JLC is the right man for such a job. Plus, Connery might need the air time being as though his autobiography hasn’t done so well!!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 12:49 PM
Wanderer11 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer11 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Hmmm ... The South Bank show in the UK aired a James Bond special on Wednesday, which featured new interviews with Daniel Craig, and none other than Sean Connery himself. So maybe ol' Sean wouldn't be averse to some kind of Bond "re-union" after all ... ?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 12:55 AM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Bardock42

yeah wouldnt surprise me if he decided not to do it after looking through the script of that horrible movie.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 08:22 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Re: Bringing The 6 Bonds Together ...

Hey guys.

Thoughts?

yeah I dont think you could get either Connery OR Moore to do it cause Connery is retired and Moore I have heard hasnt been in good health these days so I dont think you could get them to do it.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 08:25 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SupremeMan

Re: Re: Bringing The 6 Bonds Together ...

Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah I dont think you could get either Connery OR Moore to do it cause Connery is retired and Moore I have heard hasnt been in good health these days so I dont think you could get them to do it.

Yes apparently when Desmond Llewelyn (Q) died, Roger Moore wrote a eulogy but Pierce Brosnan spoke the eulogy that had been written by Moore. Moore was unable to attend due to failing health.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 01:31 PM
SupremeMan is currently offline Click here to Send SupremeMan a Private Message Find more posts by SupremeMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

See, now wouldn't it be cool to see more scenes like the one shown in the photo below? That one was taken at the Odeon Leicester Square, London in November '96 (though I'm not quite sure why the 3 of them were together at a premiere in that year - "Goldeneye" came out the year before, and "Tomorrow never dies" the year after) smile .

Funny that, my favourite three Bonds. I can never truly decide which one I like best so I'll just remain undecided

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 10:28 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Re: Re: Re: Bringing The 6 Bonds Together ...

Originally posted by SupremeMan
Yes apparently when Desmond Llewelyn (Q) died, Roger Moore wrote a eulogy but Pierce Brosnan spoke the eulogy that had been written by Moore. Moore was unable to attend due to failing health.

That saddens me especially since he is my favorite Bond. sad I know someone who was an aquintance of Richard Kiel who Played Jaws in the spy who loved me and moonraker and she told me He told her, him and Moore became good friends and she told me he told her Moore was a really nice guy.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2009 11:18 PM
Wanderer11
Stalker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bringing The 6 Bonds Together ...

Originally posted by Mr Parker
That saddens me especially since he is my favorite Bond. sad I know someone who was an aquintance of Richard Kiel who Played Jaws in the spy who loved me and moonraker and she told me He told her, him and Moore became good friends and she told me he told her Moore was a really nice guy.

A friend of mine has met Moore quite a few times over the years and he says he is one of the nicest actors he has ever met.

Thanks to Scythe for the sig and avatar.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 03:27 AM
Wanderer11 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer11 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

oh man lucky dude.how did he get to meet him so many times?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2009 04:06 PM
Wanderer11
Stalker

Sir Roger has attended many of the same charity events as my friend.

Thanks to Scythe for the sig and avatar.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 12:22 AM
Darth Balek
Editor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bringing The 6 Bonds Together ...

Originally posted by Wanderer11
A friend of mine has met Moore quite a few times over the years and he says he is one of the nicest actors he has ever met.

that is cool! I met Timothy Dalton a few years ago and he was a perfect gentleman.

Old Post May 1st, 2009 01:06 AM
Darth Balek is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Balek a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Balek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote