KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What's This Game?

What's This Game?
Started by: Davehead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Davehead
BEWY!

What's This Game?

I need help identifying a game I saw my older brother play when I was 4 or so. As far as I can remember, it had the player as a soldier fighting through a jungle. I think the enemies were mostly human with some bats, but it's hard to say. As a kid, you don't really pay attention to the grunts. The boss was a fairly large humanoid who was colored weird (either blue, grey, or purple) and my brother told me he was an alien. When my brother lost to the boss, the boss walked over to him and took out his heart. Then the screen went to snow (like fuzz, or interference). My brother said he took out his heart and crushed it in his hand. I seem to recall him playing it on the computer, and the graphics weren't that good at all. Kind of Commodore 64-ish. Anyway, any help in identifying this game would definitely be appreciated.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2008 05:55 PM
Davehead is currently offline Click here to Send Davehead a Private Message Find more posts by Davehead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Contra kind of comes to mind.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2008 08:33 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Menetnashté
Contra kind of comes to mind.

Same really.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2008 09:16 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

Yeah it came to mind for me too, but I've played it and there doesn't seem to be an alien who takes out your heart and crushes it. In fact, there aren't many games that have cinematic deaths, especially ones specific to boss fights.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2008 02:50 AM
Davehead is currently offline Click here to Send Davehead a Private Message Find more posts by Davehead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AverageSavage

Along time ago me and my friend played this game on the N64.
It was a rail shooter, and i think the enemies were robots. They might not have been robots, but they weren't organic. I had co-op aswell.

Thanks Starlock

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 11:37 AM
AverageSavage is currently offline Click here to Send AverageSavage a Private Message Find more posts by AverageSavage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

And it wasn't Knife Edge: Nose Gunner?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 04:59 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Did you play as a ninja?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 05:21 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b00mersl8

Interesting

Interesting looking, never really played it.

Any current game that is like it?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 01:11 AM
b00mersl8 is currently offline Click here to Send b00mersl8 a Private Message Find more posts by b00mersl8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote