KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Castlevania Judgment & Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Castlevania Judgment & Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

Castlevania Judgment & Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Quite excited about this game. Castlevania Judgment, it's a 3d fighting game with characters spanning from almost all of the Castlevania titles. It may sound stupid, but then again come on, these sorts of games are never to be taken seriously. I'm excited about the characters shown thus far and I'm hoping it plays well. This game will be exclusively for the Wii so far and the character roster up to date is:

Simon Belmont
Dracula
Freakin' Death!!
Trevor Belmont
Alucard
Eric Lecarde
Carmilla
Maria
A Minotaur or something or other
Shanoa
An Aeon
Some Golem

They've said so far that the game will feature summons, online matches and it can connect with your DS to unlock crap from your Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia game. Which is an awesome game by the way.

Here is a vid of the gameplay for you guys:

Looks pretty crazy, well discuss. Preorders are popping up all over the place and I'll post more when I have some hands on with it.

Last edited by Scythe on Oct 29th, 2008 at 05:05 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 05:00 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Next is Castelvania: Order of Ecclesia. It's another installment in the 2d side scrolling that we have seen in Portrait of Ruin and Dawn of Sorrow and most of the other Castlevanias before it. It's the same forumula we've all come to love. These games are like Contra, same logic, still fun as hell. It features a female protaganist named Shanoa who uses Glyphs or "tattoos" as I see em to do magic crap that kills all the bad guys and makes me go: Wheee!

Let me tell you guys, this game is hard. The difficulty setting is not enough to make you want to put down the game, but rather keep trying to get over a certain point. It has nice online features that aren't anything to shit your pants, it just has online trading of crap you missed in the game and a nifty little versus mode that let's you fight agianst....other Shanoa's... Yeah!

Here is a vid for you guys:

Have not yet beaten the game but little by little I'll come by to post tidbits of awesomeness or fail. Let's go!

Last edited by Scythe on Oct 29th, 2008 at 05:18 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 05:13 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I hope we will get Richter as a playable fighter in Judgement.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 11:24 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Richter has recently been an unlockable character in Portrait of Ruin, so I don't see why they should leave him out.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 02:59 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Order of Ecclesia looks like a lot of fun. It looks like a sequel to SOTN.

3d castlevania doesnt jive well with me.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 05:04 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Order of Ecclesia looks like a lot of fun. It looks like a sequel to SOTN.

Seems like it too. Although not directly a sequel, it's gameplay and difficulty live up to the SOTN gameplay imo.

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
3d castlevania doesnt jive well with me.
This is true, just like 3D Metroid games, no! However, Judgement is a fighting game, so it'll play out hilarious. It seems like a fun little game we can get drunk to and have fun messing around with.

Btw I preordered it today, so hoping to get some hands on with it soon and well.....hoping it doesn't suck.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 07:41 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Here's some new gameplay and CG, looks good imo. I like the way Death does hhis thing, pretty cool.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 12:57 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

ok, i'm playing judgement. The camera is completely drunk and certain characters like maria and grant are almost impossible on normal since they seem to block everything and their moves have priority over everything. Maria literally killed me without moving just by chaining those damn boulders she drops. My block and roll did absolutely nothing. Apart from a few neat features, so far this game seems like total ass and may supplant circle of the moon as my least favorite game in the series.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 03:33 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Darth Jello
ok, i'm playing judgement. The camera is completely drunk and certain characters like maria and grant are almost impossible on normal since they seem to block everything and their moves have priority over everything. Maria literally killed me without moving just by chaining those damn boulders she drops. My block and roll did absolutely nothing. Apart from a few neat features, so far this game seems like total ass and may supplant circle of the moon as my least favorite game in the series.
Oh! Good feedback! I've yet t get my hands on the game, I will look out for the flaws you stated. I always to tend to hate games with a wonky camera. Hopefully it won't f*ck with me too much, thanks again Darth Jello.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 08:13 AM
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

I intend to buy judgment tomorrow,as I get paid today. I was going to get Sonic Unleashed but since 65% is werehog, I'm not interested. I'd be better off playing Ratchet and Clank. This one though, has had some crazy up and down reviews, so I just have to get my hands on it. One thing everyone seems to be sure about is the not so great camera, but again, I'd like to get my hands on it to see how much it takes you out of the experience. Anyway, I think Judgment is very promising and could evolve into a nice fighting franchise. I mean, think of all the characters they didn't use, they are clearly holding out for a sequel, and they'll probably already thinking of ways to work out the kinks. As for Ecclesia, this game is so freakin pretty. Really makes me wonder what a 2D Metroid game could look like on the Ds. I'm fighting the giant enemy crab at the moment. No weak point for massive damage...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 12:33 AM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

Well, here's what I've got to say so far.I've only touched Story mode abd I have not looked in the booklet or the movelist, so I'm figuring things out as time moves on. The game reminds me of Naruto:Clash of Ninja actually, but more complex. I find it to be a generally fun game so far, and even characters I suck with(right now) have won a spot on my "when I get serious about learning how to play this game I have to try them again list". That isn't always true, so + for interesting characters/movesets. Camera hasn't been too much of a problem for me, I noticed an issue once, and I did die, but I was dieing anyway. I don't see the camera being anything game changing though. My only problem so far, is that I wish there were more stages. Also, the plot isn't great so far, this game could really benefit from Tekken style cutscenes.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 11:57 PM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

The ghost ship and throne room are the worst examples of the camera. There are parts of the ship where once the ocean gets wild, you will basically be staring at the hull for most of the fight with no way to get out while your opponent wails on you. with the throne room and other big arenas, ive noticed that there are times when the camera will zoom in on your opponents back and just stay there and you'll be completely helpless...

Are all the 3d castlevanias this bad? I mean i really warmed up to and grew to enjoy legacy of darkness, but seriously!!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 05:35 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Order of Ecclesia was a lean and mean game.
Played and finished it on my DS.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 02:51 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

i'm trying to get into the ps2 games now. I've noticed with the exception of order of ecclesia, all the games that have been set in the 19th century have all been trashed severely. really though, i only think castlevania 64 and maybe circle of the moon. The other thing i've noticed about judgement is that along with shanoa, some of the more obscure characters like cornell and grant danasty are massively overpowered.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 05:10 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Finally got my hooves on Judgement, and it's pretty good. The features make the game in this case. I can't see myself liking this game only for the vs or story mode, but the replay value is slightly higher in my opinion than other fighting games I've come across. It's solid in terms of controls, it's a bit of a button masher, and those players who like to sprawl their fingers all over the place seem to get lucky landing combos. The supid wonky camera gets in the way, but when it does, it's rare, really. So far, I'd give it a 3 out of 5, if anyone has any other questions feel free, I'm here to help and answer.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 11:17 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

i could have used more characters instead of the stupid accessories, venues, and a better camera. not to mention a better way of unlocking everything.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 03:12 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I really think the series needs to do something new and instead of trying to copy devil may cry or super metroid or ocarina of time, they really should try to do just a big sprawling adventure game like twilight princess. Castlevania on horseback (not counting the first level of rondo) would be awesome and They should also bring back sonia and maybe remake her game into something more people would like, I have a pretty good idea about how they could do it and probably sell more games than symphony, rondo, and dracula's curse put together. Oh and at the same time work out some story issues too...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 11:08 AM
NemeBro

Friend of mine brought over Judgment yesterday.

Was pretty fun, I used Cornell and Alucard.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 07:13 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

EGM gave judgement a d-. i dunno if i should get it confused

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 08:31 PM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ryn

Castlevania Judgement's going to be a waste. Come on, we don't need another Bleach wannabe kind of fighting game on the Wii, and that I've heard horror stories of. I don't see how shaking around the wiimote to do certain moves to be any kinds of fun whatsoever.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on the other hand, pretty much the best Castlevania out of the series, pretty damn close to if not beating Symphony of the Night.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 03:08 AM
Ryn is currently offline Click here to Send Ryn a Private Message Find more posts by Ryn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote