KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Started by: MadMel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MadMel
Heh

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

i did 2 searches, and found nothing..

this game is for all current and next gen consoles (minus gamecube and DS)
features
- Assemble your Super Heroes. Create the ultimate dream team and dynamically switch team members, starting with 20 playable Marvel Super Heroes (including Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade and Captain America), and unlocking even more as you progress. Experience the full scale of the Marvel universe with a combined cast of over 140 characters.

- Customize your team. Use a universal team upgrade system or customize each individual member for maximum effectiveness. Total team customization means a vast selection of power-boosting equipment, a unique team name and team icon, and an established team reputation as the story progresses.

- Change the course of the game. The missions you accept, and the objectives that you meet, will have a direct impact on how the story plays out. At the end, see how your choices changed the fate of the Marvel universe.

- Fight in no-holds-barred combat. With dynamic combat capabilities, you can now fight while airborne, on the ground, and even underwater! A host of combat tactics include grappling, charge attacks and a destructible environment, where everyday objects can become dangerous weapons.

- Cooperate or compete online. Play the entire story from beginning to end individually or with up to 3 of your friends. Switch between cooperative and competitive mode to partner with or challenge up to three other players. Online multiplayer supports 1-4 people.

-Unique comic book missions that are unlocked throughout the game will reenact legendary Marvel battles.

- Over 17 exotic locales take the player around the world, out of the universe and back again.

Unique Platform Features

- PlayStation®3 system and Xbox 360 feature amazing graphics that take full advantage of the next-gen. hardware. These include real-time shadows, detailed texture to the environments, and true hi-def. in-game cinematics.

- Nintendo Wii features exclusive content and amazing controls. Play wireless and check your individual and team stats online. Swipe the Wii controller and watch your hero slash with their sword.

- PC customizes the next gen. graphics to a PC with intuitive mouse controls. Incredible attack combos can be unleashed with the click of a button.

official site: http://marvelultimatealliance.com/index.php

Last edited by MadMel on Jun 4th, 2006 at 07:46 AM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2006 07:44 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 08:39 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

The thread is in the Comic Book section.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 08:01 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Rob
The Leading Man

It's a video game. Anyway sounds cool,but i don't know how they plan to balance this out. I mean what the hell is Blade going to offer to a battle? As far as i can think of,the only things he can contribute is:

Enhanced Physical Attributes
Martial Arts Skills
Katana
Guns
Stakes?
Senses

That's about it,and all of that could be replaced by someone like Deadpool.I'm pretty sure the only reason he's in there is because of the movies. Other than that i'm interested to see how they balance all the different heroes and such,but i'm not getting my hopes up. Xmen Legends is probably the basis of the gameplay but the key difference is that the Xmen are fairly balanced and each character is meant to be team oriented,whereas some guys in Marvel could literally do a million things themselves. I guess they'll either be real selective on who they include or they'll just weaken certain characters to fit in the game.

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man."

Last edited by Black Rob on Jun 7th, 2006 at 10:30 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 10:21 PM
Black Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Black Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Black Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Black Rob
It's a video game.

[sarcasm]No way!!!1!! Are you serious!!!!??!???[/sarcasm]

I agree, though. The thread should have been in here in the first place.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 10:42 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by Black Rob
It's a video game. Anyway sounds cool,but i don't know how they plan to balance this out. I mean what the hell is Blade going to offer to a battle? As far as i can think of,the only things he can contribute is:

Enhanced Physical Attributes
Martial Arts Skills
Katana
Guns
Stakes?
Senses

That's about it,and all of that could be replaced by someone like Deadpool.I'm pretty sure the only reason he's in there is because of the movies. Other than that i'm interested to see how they balance all the different heroes and such,but i'm not getting my hopes up. Xmen Legends is probably the basis of the gameplay but the key difference is that the Xmen are fairly balanced and each character is meant to be team oriented,whereas some guys in Marvel could literally do a million things themselves. I guess they'll either be real selective on who they include or they'll just weaken certain characters to fit in the game.

dude, there are 20 to choose from the start...if u dont like it dont choose him...that being said, how do u think elektra's gonna fit in?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 05:43 AM
Black Rob
The Leading Man

Originally posted by MadMel
dude, there are 20 to choose from the start...if u dont like it dont choose him...that being said, how do u think elektra's gonna fit in?
Don't really know,i guess she's sort of the ninja character of the game. And it's not about liking certain characters,it's about game balance. Lets just say they put Storm in the game,she's pretty popular right? Well she could easily be replaced by Thor who has her power and more. So do they put both characters in and just let Storm be the lesser character or do they either buff/debuff one of them. There's going to be a lot of overlapping with that huge a cast of characters

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 06:57 PM
Black Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Black Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Black Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

good replayability tho, ey big grin

Old Post Jun 9th, 2006 02:04 AM
pinkfloydkor

wow, 140 characters, thats gonna be crazy. Imagine it on the Wii

thanks LifeInSepia, sig is AWESOME

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 12:46 AM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

BUMP..
it is on the wii big grin....with special wii-mote motions for attacks...
what people are you going to put on your teams...(it doesnt matter if they may or may not be actually announced playable characters)

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 07:14 AM
hell_soldier

Simple Team

Captain America = Leadership
Daredevil = Senses
Spiderman = because he's Spiderman
Black Panther = well he just looks so F#%*in cool

Be my first team. Oh and they all know how to fight. rock

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 06:51 AM
hell_soldier is currently offline Click here to Send hell_soldier a Private Message Find more posts by hell_soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

obviously they know how to fight..

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 08:04 AM
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

That game looks amazing. Any release date planned?

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 10:20 PM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

ime not too hot on the graphics but its got a lot of Evil characters in it and i love evil and i like Marvel even though i never read a magazine from them in my life big grin

anyway isnt Galactus in this, he can eat planets, hows he going to fit in all this, hes uber

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 10:43 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

A. 140 characters is probably misleading. Chances are, that includes cameos, references, villians, etc. I'd be surprised if there were more than, say, 30 playable characters.

B. Still, it looks cool. I just hope the characters feel different. If Spider-Man plays too much like Thor, or if Wolverine is comparably powerful to Dr. Strange, I'll be irritated.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 11:08 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by DigiMark007
A. 140 characters is probably misleading. Chances are, that includes cameos, references, villians, etc. I'd be surprised if there were more than, say, 30 playable characters.

B. Still, it looks cool. I just hope the characters feel different. If Spider-Man plays too much like Thor, or if Wolverine is comparably powerful to Dr. Strange, I'll be irritated.

hmm...i said 20 to choose from the start...and 140 npcs/unlockable characters..

aside from that, i have 2 good news and 1 bad news..
first to good stuff....it comes out as a launch game for wii..also, if you pre-order any version, you unlock silver surfer as a playable character..
now for the depressing stuff...there is no online for the wii version, which is plain stupid in my opinion...

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 12:38 AM
Arahan
Silver Guy

Wii fans around? Nice.
Me also likes the Wii.

Unfortunaltey there is no online support planned
for the Wii Version. Dont know why.

But if we have some luck it will support Wiiconnect24.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2006 03:56 AM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

so its like X-men Legends? or more arcade ish?

whats the replay value?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 07:32 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
so its like X-men Legends? or more arcade ish?

whats the replay value?

1. itll be pretty much like xmen legends, but with tonnes more characters and features..ive never acutally played legends 1 or 2 (save for the demos), so im kinda new to this sorta rpg..
2. high, they've implemented an epilougue system that changes depending on what choices you make..also there is stuff to unlock, and since theres a cast of 20 playable characters, youll want to try different team combos..
Originally posted by Arahan
Wii fans around? Nice.
Me also likes the Wii.

Unfortunaltey there is no online support planned
for the Wii Version. Dont know why.

But if we have some luck it will support Wiiconnect24.

yes i just said that laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 06:31 AM
Novablast13
Restricted

Account Restricted

thires 150 guys in the game

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 03:03 AM
Novablast13 is currently offline Click here to Send Novablast13 a Private Message Find more posts by Novablast13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote