KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Far cry2

Far cry2
Started by: Ivalice

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Far cry2

Well i did not find any thread regarding this game so i decided to make one, anyways judging from the trailers will this game be as demanding as crysis? I certainly hope not and will this game be able to be runned on high with a single 8800GT?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 11:57 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Post some of the trailers, or links.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 02:21 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Crysis can be run on a single GPU and easily with a single 8800GT.

Far Cry 2 will probably similiar requirements than Crysis and the majority of games that will be coming out in 08 and 09.

Looking forward to the game.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 06:25 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Got this game a couple weeks back... I'm disappointed.

It looks fantastic, the graphics are unreal, and the way they mimicked the jungle and desert environments is drool worthy. However, the time they spent making the game look pretty took away from the story mode. It get VERY repetitive after only a few missions. I play it for half an hour, and get bored. There is nothing about it to keep you interested, apart from a few new weapons and collecting diamonds... that only buy you weapons and a few other boring upgrades. Seriously, I expected WAY more. Even the realistic flame engine they incorporated in to the gAme only gave me ten minutes worth of entertainment.

In closing, I prefer Crisis. Even though it's more linear, I think the story line is WAY better.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 01:06 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Kosta I agree. The game is extraordinarily repetitive. I HATE how the mercs in the camps respawn so quickly. I'll drive through and kill them all, get to a safe house and pick up a mission, head back and they're all back there and I have to kill them all again.

Also really bothers me how every NPC you encounter is hostile, there's no civilians who are neutral, kinda takes you out of world which could otherwise feel pretty authentic.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 01:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Yeah, my sentiments exactly. I just finished the first map, and I honestly can't be bothered playing on, and would rather start on fall out 3, which I'm getting tonight hopefully. My fried has nearly finished Far Cry 2, and says on the second map some of the vehicles have new weapons on them, and some of the terrain looks a little different, but that doesn't entice me to play on. I though, given the review I read of it a couple weeks before i got it, and the fact that it was free roaming (which crisis wasn't) that the storyline would be more in depth, and offer a lot more in the way of side missions and building relationships with other characters. Alas, that is not the case so far. And with nearly half of the game finished, I see very little room for redemption. There was a LOT of pottential there, but it didn't quite hack it for me.

Oh well, at least it's pretty to look at. stick out tongue

Last edited by Kostabot on Nov 14th, 2008 at 02:04 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 02:02 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm still going to pick it up.

Hopefully, before that they release a patch fixing some of those issues.

But school, Left 4 Dead and Fallout 3 are taking too much of my time.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 02:04 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

These aren't really the kind of issues that can be fixed with a patch though. It's simply a matter of a poor storyline that lacks depth, and repetitive missions that only see a change in location, but the objectives are pretty much all the same. The only thing that really saves it, if at all, is changing the approach. Using different weapons, e.g. silenced weapons, scoped weapons or explosives, going in at night instead of during the day, and using stealth. However, you don't get any reward for doing that. The outcome is always the same. One other big problem is that you don't get a flashlight. WTF? All new decent FPS have flashlights in them.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 02:29 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah, a patch might be able to fix the spawn times, but little else. It's just poor game design.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 03:39 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Far Cry is one of the worst games i played on the 360 so i'm very leery to try the second one. The respawning enemies is a big turn off as well

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 03:43 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Doesnt matter.

It aint the same guys making Far Cry 2. Crytek made the original Far Cry, one of the better FPS that has been released and underrated. Ubisoft made the sequel and it has nothing to do with the original title.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 04:23 AM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Doesnt matter.

It aint the same guys making Far Cry 2. Crytek made the original Far Cry, one of the better FPS that has been released and underrated. Ubisoft made the sequel and it has nothing to do with the original title.

Despite all that, it's still a boring game after a few hours play. Just an opinion though.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 02:14 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Qestion, why is this even called far cry 2? No jack carver and absolutely no connections to the original far cry.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 03:36 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Using the names preexisting publicity to sell more perhaps? There are plenty of instances where this has happened in the past.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 05:54 AM
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

This game is friggin awesome!!!

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 03:37 AM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

How much of it have you played through?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 05:13 AM
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Originally posted by Kosta
How much of it have you played through?

I haven't gotten through much, but the little that I have played, I have loved, and I am going to play it some more tonight.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 03:11 PM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Originally posted by Wil7
I haven't gotten through much, but the little that I have played, I have loved, and I am going to play it some more tonight.

Cool Cool. Keep us updated further in to the game. I want to know what other people think, as I think they could have done a little better personally.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 03:27 PM
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Kosta, I have just played a whole lot more. I was starting to get my ass kicked at the game, but then I learned something, and that is to take cover, scout the area that you are going to attack, and buy a sniper rifle, and pick as many as you can off. I have done a few more missions, and I am still loving it. The only thing that I thought was weird was that I walked out of my house, and all of a sudden a car comes out of nowhere and attacks me, kinda weird. Still love it, and will give it so far a 9.5

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 04:12 AM