KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Morrowind [merged]

Morrowind [merged]
Started by: RaventheOnly

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Morrowind

I feel like i'm talking to a wall when i mention Morrowind, truly does anyone know this epic milestone in RPG gamming history next to Buldur's Gate? The game only won best RPG of the year and of all time in countless mags....!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 12:53 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterWizard

I played it, and I own all threee parts, but I stopped playing about 6 months ago, when I got NWN. It was very fun, nut something that would add replay value is random dungeons, with random treasure. I don't like to start a game and say "Alright, I'm going to go West of the starting point to get this item, then go to a shrine to the north to get this item..." and so on, so that I know what my guy will look like and exactly what items he will have when he's done.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 09:51 AM
MasterWizard is currently offline Click here to Send MasterWizard a Private Message Find more posts by MasterWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Morrowind is great in many ways...

... but it is also very lacking in others. Combat really does not work right, the scale is JUST the wrong size (too small to be realistic (the capital city has less than 100 people in it) but too big to stay interested whilst walking across it) and the missions eventually become very unengaging. People say how cool their Morrowind character is because they are the head of every guild and turned into a vampire who killed everyone... blah! Such meaningless accomplishments; the world is not affectable enough and the main plotline ended very boringly as well.

The idea of an open-ended fantasy game attracts very much but Morrowind is only halfway there.

Oh, and it could do with being multiplayer; I would kill to play a game like that with my friends.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 11:46 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

But it is a work in process, one can only put so many in a city without blowing the comp up. It was revolutionary and thats why it is great. of course there are possible imporvements but can you imagine if they include them in the next? Can you recall anyother game that satisfied you more with limitless possibility?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 05:50 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

oh yes... have that game around here somewhere messed

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 06:48 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Raventheonly
But it is a work in process, one can only put so many in a city without blowing the comp up. It was revolutionary and thats why it is great. of course there are possible imporvements but can you imagine if they include them in the next? Can you recall anyother game that satisfied you more with limitless possibility?

Elite, 20 years ago, had more limitless possibility. But seen in today's terms it is very dull- limitless possibility is a bit of a fool's gold; nice and shiny but ultimately worth little.

Like I say, I agree Morrowind is a good game but the gameplay is FATALLY lacking in the long term- they should have gone for smaller and better; this was overreached.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 09:38 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

This is one of those games that I could recognize as good when I played, but it simply wasn't for me. As Ush said, combat was not up to par with some other games in teh same genre. However, the freedom in the game is outstanding and is the true genius of Morrowind.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 02:18 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

Love Morrowind!!!!

MORROWIND ROCKS! evil face

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 12:55 AM
BardaBlobO.o is currently offline Click here to Send BardaBlobO.o a Private Message Find more posts by BardaBlobO.o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

it is pretty fun, if you can get into it. I have the x-box ver GOTY. Its fun but it lags on loading and freezes alot.

It's definetly hard to get into. I tried a begginers guide, but it didn't help much, so I made a custom elf warrior (chick hehehe) who had some stupid abilities like athleticism and acrobatics. in forethought I wish I had replaced other but meh. apparently a high alchemy point level allows you to see what ingrediants are used for what and their attributes. oddly enough the character actually began to work for me. Archery is like a godsend for me.

I love the game to death, but it's just so massive. I haven only done 2 actual quest jobs. 2 thieves guild jobs also. I've spent so much time wandering around doing miscellanious stuff. I got lost and then ended up in backwater land after wandering through some barren waste land with a thieves cave in it. then I freed a slave and took her to this city, and then I went to the giant skyscraper citiy place, and then I lost my game. I'm just trying to somehow get back to balmorra.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 02:03 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

big grin i LOVE that game and Oblivion is suppose to be relaesed at the end of this year!!!!! eek!

I almost beat morrowind. big grin most powerful wizard anywhere big grin

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 02:47 AM
Robo-Chocobo

magic gets boring. archery is where it's at.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 05:06 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Ranged attack is expensive in morrowind

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 07:06 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

The game is brilliant, but when I bought it, my PC was brand new and top of the line and quite expensive. But morrowwind kept freezing and skipping an awful lot. If it weren't for the lag, it would be much better

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 09:29 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kael
The Lone Wolf

I got bored of this game very early on. Nothing really intersting about it.

I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 09:39 PM
Kael is currently offline Click here to Send Kael a Private Message Find more posts by Kael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

i always end up playing for a while but when i ge to around level 4, i always quit. im a level 4 dark elf warrior. i tried to kill a guard but they just dont die. you guys kow the cheat with the price on your head and stuff? it doesnt work on GOTY edition.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 10:43 PM
BardaBlobO.o is currently offline Click here to Send BardaBlobO.o a Private Message Find more posts by BardaBlobO.o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol.. you need to be way higher than level 4 to kill a guard.. try level 15 or 20

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 10:54 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

are you even a level 15-20? my old friend lied about being a lvl100 yet he lacks an xbox or even the game.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 11:02 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

i can't stand this game.

I bought it decked out my character and played for like 4 hours before I became board to death. That and I kinda sorta kept trying to kill the rats in the dark and that's like hitting a pinata.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 11:36 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote:
Originally posted by BardaBlobO.o
are you even a level 15-20? my old friend lied about being a lvl100 yet he lacks an xbox or even the game.
No.. but I believe 20 is the final level (I could be wrong).. and those guards have nearly the highest stats

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 12:20 AM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

i'm like lvl 28 last time i checked laughing out loud Archmage and Leader of the Telelu (sp?) and there is so much to do and so many missions its near impossible to fully complete, I would suggest NEVER killing people someone doesn;t say kill in towns laughing out loud you can screw yourself in the end of the game laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 04:32 AM