KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Burnout: Paradise

Burnout: Paradise
Started by: AstroFan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

NextGen Burnout

quote:
EA has announced that Burnout 5, the latest in Criterion's drive-and-destruct series, is set to hit Xbox 360 and PS3 in 2007.

In Burnout 5, gamers can rip up the tarmac of Paradise City, "the ultimate seamless racing battleground". On arrival in town, gamers are assigned a Drivers License used to keep a record of their most aggressive, reckless and destructive escapades. The city's infamous burners will be keeping an eye on gamers' progress, challenging those with the most destructive exploits to their name.

Burnout 5 does away with the menu systems of previous entries, as well as the need to search your environments aimlessly in a quest for something new to do. According to EA, every inch of Paradise City is designed to deliver that classic nerve-shredding Burnout gameplay. Apparently, "every intersection is a potential crash junction and every alleyway is an opportunity to rack up moving violations". What's more, with the game being built from the ground up to make the most of next-gen technology, those pile-ups will be more impressive than ever, with gamers able to literally rip their cars in half.

According to Alex Ward, director of game design at Criterion, "Burnout 5 is a complete reinvention of the series, built from the ground up for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. To create truly next-generation gameplay, we needed to create a truly next-generation game, from top to bottom."

We'll have more on Burnout 5 soon.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/728/728950p1.html

OH HELL YEAH!!!

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 01:03 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Re: NextGen Burnout

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AstroFan
OH HELL YEAH!!!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 01:06 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

At first before I read that, I saw the title and I was like, " oh come on, another one." ( Didnt really like the last one that much, its too repetitive.

But after I read that, I was like, "It might be good".

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 02:06 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

After finally seeing this game in motion, it looks sweet. stick out tongue

Still not sure how they are gonna pull off an open world in Burnout, but im pumped. Hopefully some customization and more online features will be included.

I cant wait to go to Paradise. stick out tongue

EDIT: Maybe Lana would be nice enough to change the title of this thread to Burnout Paradise to avoid multiples. wink

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 03:07 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I'm going to keep an eye out for this one aswell it seems.

Here are some vids:
E3 gameplay footage (pre-alpha): http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21413.html

E3 interview: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21521.html

Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/19018.html

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Last edited by Morridini on Jul 12th, 2007 at 04:30 PM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 04:27 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I just downloaded the Burnout Paradise demo for PS3. It's absolute f*cking eye candy! The handling, while not perfect, is very reliable. The soundtrack, which is posted in the Wiki article, 90% sucks, but that's probably because I'm a metal head. I might consider this game. It's very fun online with friends, especially the Takedown matches. It looks very promising. yes

FYI, here's the current playlist:

• Adam And The Ants - Stand And Deliver
  • Agent Blue - Snowhill
  • Airbourne - Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast
  • Alice In Chains - Would?
  • Army Of Me - Going Through Changes
  • Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
  • B’z - FRICTION
  • Brain Failure feat. Dicky Barrett - Coming Down To Beijing
  • Brand New - The Archers Bows Have Broken
  • Bromheads Jacket - Fight Music For The Fight
  • Depeche Mode - Route 66 (Beatmasters Mix)
  • Faith No More - Epic
  • Guns N’ Roses - Paradise City
  • Innerpartysystem - Heart Of Fire
  • Jane's Addiction - Stop!
  • Jimmy Eat World - Electable (Give It Up)
  • Junkie XL feat. Lauren Rocket - Cities In Dust
  • Jupiter One - Fire Away
  • Kerli - Creepshow
  • Killswitch Engage - My Curse
  • LCD Soundsystem - Us V. Them
  • Make Good Your Escape - Beautiful Ruin
  • Maxeen - Block Out The World
  • Mexicolas - Come Clean
  • N.E.R.D. - Rockstar (Jason Nevins Mix)
  • Never Heard Of It - Finger On The Trigger
  • Operator - Nothing To Lose
  • Permanent ME - Until You Leave
  • Saosin - Collapse
  • Seether - Fake It
  • Senses Fail - Calling All Cars
  • Showing Off To Thieves - Everyone Has Their Secrets
  • Skybombers - It Goes Off
  • Soundgarden - Rusty Cage
  • Sugarcult - Dead Living
  • Swervedriver - Duel
  • The Photo Atlas - Red Orange Yellow
  • The Pigeon Detectives- I’m Not Sorry
  • The Styles - Glitter Hits (J.J. Puig Mix)
  • Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock

Originally posted by @st
Maybe Lana would be nice enough to change the title of this thread to Burnout Paradise to avoid multiples. wink

I second the motion. Lana, or GK, you think that y'all could edit the thread title to avoid confusion? Pweeeeze?

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Dec 19th, 2007 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 07:35 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Ah yes Burnout Paradise...sounds promising.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 07:38 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by Impediment
I just downloaded the Burnout Paradise demo for PS3. It's absolute f*cking eye candy! The handling, while not perfect, is very reliable. The soundtrack, which is posted in the Wiki article, 99% sucks, but that's probably because I'm a metal head. I might consider this game. It's very fun online with friends, especially the Takedown matches. It looks very promising. yes

I second the motion. Lana, or GK, you think that y'all could edit the thread title to avoid confusion? Pweeeeze?

I downloaded the demo, and it was good, but its got me a little worried. Im not a fan of the open world, and things like taking away the aftertouch. It might not be a big deal when the map opens up in the real game, but I kept getting lost and running into dead ends since there is no set path.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 07:44 PM
Impediment
Endless

To me, open world makes for a better experience since half of the fun is familiarizing yourself with the massive environment. When GTA III came out, I was lost for days, but then after playing non-stop for a week or two, Liberty City became very familar to me.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 07:51 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Yeah, im still picking it up day one, im a huge Burnout guy. Im hoping when I get the real thing, and the whole city is open from the get go, ill be able to get comfortable. Like you said, its absolute eye candy, and the new crash physics are amazing. I like the prospect of finding hidden places and secrets all over the map. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 07:54 PM
Impediment
Endless

Aside from the Mario Kart series and Motorstorm, I've never been too into racing games. I've never even played a single Burnout game. This installment, however, has really piqued my interest.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 07:59 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

You should check out a copy of Burnout Revenge, very cool. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 08:07 PM
Morridini
Morridini

It's still Gold only exclusive?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 10:19 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Probably.

Actually, I would think it is because its online and MS would never let a game be free over Live.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2007 04:52 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Meant the demo, ir's a Gold only demo atm.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2007 05:56 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Oh really?

I guess I still have Gold.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2007 08:32 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Well maybe not now, haven't checked in a while thus I asked.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2007 10:00 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I'd just like to say that the Demo of this game is totally badass. The full version is going to be awesome. This is from someone who a) doesn't like car games all that much and b) never even touched a Burnout game before. I'll be buying this game when it comes out for sure, the Demo totally kicks ass and really sold me on the game, which is rare for a Demo.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Dec 21st, 2007 at 02:21 AM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 02:18 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I agree.

I've never played a single Burnout game, nor have I ever been a racing gamer.

I might just become one, with this new installment of Burnout.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 02:37 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I never been an Burnout fan.

I like racing real cars more than fake ones. I know, its very materlistic but **** off!! haha

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 04:35 AM