KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Does the world need another Godzilla videogame?

Does the world need another Godzilla videogame?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Games like Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee, Godzilla: Save the Earth, and Godzilla: Unleashed were kinda good, but not that good.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 06:52 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

Godzilla Destroy all monsters was a really fun game. Haven't played the others are they similar?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 07:14 AM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Godzilla: Save the Earth is the best one i've played followed by the one for the snes

and yes the world needs another one as long as they improve on certain things.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 08:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think the world could use a GOOD Godzilla game. Godzilla fighting games are boring piles of shit. An adventure based Godzilla game could be awesome. Personally, i think an adventure based Godzilla game is the most obvious way to go. A remake of the NES game would be aces. I'm not suggesting that we do away completely with the fighting aspect, maybe a few of the Boss battles could be presented as fighting match.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 11:06 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Never played a Godzilla game, but if they did one like King Kong it might be good (never played King Kong either but reviews have said it was good).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 12:04 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

King Kong's a shocking game. If you want some easy achievements though, you couldn't go far wrong.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 12:06 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Yeah I didnt think it looked that good (from screenshots) but it was one of the early launch games so most of the positive reviews came from graphics/physics etc. But it'd be cool to have a FPS/Adventure game where you have a whole city to hunt Godzilla or something. Jump into a tank/helicopter and shoot it for a bit.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 12:38 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'd want to see another one along the lines of Godzilla: Save the Earth, But instead have the whole city to roam around to belt your opponant without it being limited to that one area where you have to be near your opponant they need to make it go split screen when you leave that area like what happens in King of the monsters.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 09:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

you mean war of the monsters? stick out tongue
i love that game big grin

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 09:23 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Bingo thats the one.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 09:29 AM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Not familiar with unleashed, but I've played the others and somehow a melee game with Godzilla doesn't live up to a game with Link and Mario. As said before the fighting is so boring and so with Godzilla it's like kill me now. I think it is possible to make a good Godzilla game, but I also think that it would take an amazing team to create it, because it's going to have to be made like a masterpiece if it's going to be good at all. I liked what outbound said about the king kong thing. I actually really enjoyed the King Kong game so I can see them taking the same aspect with Godzilla, you're a japanese soldier and you're having to constantly ward off monsters of different sorts and then switch over to Godzilla swimming from the island fighting different monsters in quick battles as he goes, and ultimately finishing off whatever boss it is. I do think underwater fighting with Godzilla could be sick. Godzilla vs. Marko Ramius ftw.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 02:17 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

First and foremost, Godzilla sucks in general IMO.

But the games were not too bad. Not great, and they would get boring after a while, but if the game was more free roam it could be good.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 08:00 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
First and foremost, Godzilla sucks in general IMO.

But the games were not too bad. Not great, and they would get boring after a while, but if the game was more free roam it could be good.

I gotta feeling its free roam would be like transformers which just got boring after awhile.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 08:06 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Never played Transformers.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 08:11 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would prefer a good adventure game of "cloverfield" tbh, I dont like the idea, nor am I interested in giant Gorillas or Dinosaurs with nuclear breath or w/e he had.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 08:38 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Never played Transformers.

Well basically it consists of you running around and being attacked by tanks nonstop in your free roam, so you can't really stop fighting or else the numbers build up and you die.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 11:40 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

If they did a action beat em up free roam with Godzilla, I feel it could be really good

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 07:05 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote