KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Who Will Buy MK?

Who Will Buy MK?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Who Will Buy MK?

Midway is gettin the chair meaning they'll be done making games including MK. Which company do you think will buy the rights to the goriest fighting game franchise?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 11:03 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I don't think the actual game company is officailly dead

quote:
On February 12, 2009 Midway announced that the company and its U.S. subsidiaries filed for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. The filing does not include Midway's European operations. The company said in a a statement that it expects the bankruptcy protection to allow it to continue its normal business operations. A company spokesperson said, "We felt this was a logical next step for our organization, considering the change in control triggered the acceleration of the repayment options...we're looking to reorganize and to come out on the other side stronger

But if they did die should hand the game franchise over to Namco.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 12:35 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I really don't mind who gets the license as long as they find a way to make the games better.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 05:44 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Hopefully an American company with Ed Boon and gang still working on them.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 05:56 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

SCE should buy it, then handed over to David Jaffe's hands in SCE Santa Monica.

He'd make it much more realistic and gorier, considering the fact he created the Twisted Metal and God of War franchises.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 01:09 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Rockstar should buy the rights to Mortal Kombat. Rockstar always makes quality games with a unique and obscure gaming experience. I know it would never happen but Rockstar has never undertaken a fighting game, that i know of and i think Mortal Kombat would be a good place to start.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 05:47 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Isn't Rockstar in charge of the "Grand Theft Auto" series?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 04:49 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Whats that got to do with anything ?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 05:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I was just asking a simple question that required a simple answer, but don't worry about it.

Anyway, if Rare acquired the license to the Mortal Kombat series, then they'd have a good excuse to bring back some of the Killer Instinct characters...

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 03:05 AM
Sappho
Self-Made

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
I was just asking a simple question that required a simple answer, but don't worry about it.

Anyway, if Rare acquired the license to the Mortal Kombat series, then they'd have a good excuse to bring back some of the Killer Instinct characters...

That would be badass indeed. Killer instinct was one of the better fighting games i played as a little kid.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 04:43 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise

Not sure if I can trust Rare since they still hadn't brought back the Killer Instinct series themselves but at least some people would basically get what they want; Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 01:43 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Exactly, and all of the Killer Instinct fans will be satisfied.
Originally posted by k1Lla441
That would be badass indeed. Killer instinct was one of the better fighting games i played as a little kid.

Yep, and I wouldn't mind using Glacius in another game.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 06:40 AM
Joker1237

MK wont die.

I thought MK vs DC was pretty good.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 01:12 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Well they're under Chapter 11 bankruptcy, then Midway could still do whatever they want with MK.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 04:11 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Joker1237
MK vs DC was pretty good.

Well I wouldn't exactly call the game good but hey, it's your opinion so I won't argue.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 05:16 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Originally posted by Joker1237
MK wont die.

I thought MK vs DC was pretty good.

I think it's a good game, too.

It has obvious flaws, but it's still a pretty good game.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 06:01 AM
Joker1237

It was not perfect, it has flaws, but I still enjoy it. Supes is right there on his own power level in comics with his amazing infinty combo. lol

But it was a pretty fun game, like the story line they came up with, and Raiden and Supes "Teaming" up sort of in the end. Its still one on one, BUT, story wise they team up on Dark Khan.

But out of the new MK games, 3d wise(Not mention MK4, that was still 2d in 3d graphics) The game play was better imo, than MKDA-MKA.

Thsos were good games, still but I like this type of game play better.
Still flaws to over look, but hey, it might be better in MK9.

I know people complain over the lack of blood. But over all it was a good effort. No way I see say Batman ripping some one's head off. So I let that slide. Non of the death's were gory or anything, but I can understand since DC put that rule set down I suppose.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 12:32 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

MKvsDC is one if the main reasons why Midway is getting bankrupt. Reason: It sucked. Why? Because changing a rating on one of the most awesome goriest franchises ever is retarded. Why the **** did Midway team up with DC? Why not Capcom or some other company that would allow their characters to be in an M rated game? Heck, they could've teamed with Marvel but no. Instead, they walked up to their doom, DC.

Here's Ed Boon's fate: Scorpion shoots a spear at him and shouts "GET OVER HERE", Ed gets pulled and Scorpion kicks him into the air. Jaxx shows up and before Ed hits the ground, Jaxx punches him into the air. Sub Zero summons up an ice nugget on top of Ed and the nugget pushes Ed down on the ground hard. Liu Kang picks Ed up and kicks him through a wall. Ed is laying down on the ground again and Shao Kahn appears. Kahn lifts his hammer and brings it down on Ed's face. Blood and brain chunks are now all over the place. Raiden appears and electrocutes Ed's corpse. Now the corpse is smoldering ash. He soon later gets ressurected by Quan Chi and the MK cast will keep on killing him for eternity.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 01:01 AM
Joker1237

The game seems to be selling pretty good though.

One game is not going to destory a company.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 05:29 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The sales are good because the game is mostly bought by the friggin parents.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 08:05 AM