KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Could Capcom and Konami create the most horrific game ever?

Could Capcom and Konami create the most horrific game ever?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Could Capcom and Konami create the most horrific game ever?

For years I have been playing Capcom's Resident Evil and Konami's Silent Hill. Both of these games have nearly scared me half to death and that shows how awesome these games are.

I'm wondering, if Capcom and Konami worked together, could they combine their horror game making talents together to create the worlds most horrific game ever made? I think so.

What do you guys think?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 08:10 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Anything is possible, I don't think it gets any freakier than Silent Hill though.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 12:23 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Most horrific game ever? Yes. They could remake Superman 64.

no expression

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 03:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Cap'n

Hell yes. Two kick-ass developers collaborating on a horror game would be the most awesomest thing ever.

KMC's Favorite Double-Agent.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 03:53 PM
The Cap'n is currently offline Click here to Send The Cap'n a Private Message Find more posts by The Cap'n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Resident Metal Gear Evil II?

*dodges tomatoes throws*

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 04:20 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Silent Hill shits on Resident Evil in horror.
Nothing in RE have been scary, AT ALL.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 06:06 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Africans in RE:5 are kind of scary.

You can get AIDS. =O

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 09:21 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

You crazy cracker.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 10:13 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

If this were to ever happen i envision a plot so convoluted that the developers don't even understand intertwined with a control scheme that is stiff and broken along with a disorienting camera system.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 11:07 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

There has never been a truly frightening videogame IMO.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 11:21 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
There has never been a truly frightening videogame IMO.

One man's opinion.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 11:30 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Silent Hill has always been scarier (never got really scared by a VG but I can tell things are suposed to be scary) and RE has all ways played better or been more fun to play.

Wit both elements combined it could be great, it would never happen tho.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 12:15 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I always thought that they controlled the same. RE just focused more around action and inventory.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 10:40 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Please Silent Hill is much more horrifying then RES evil, RES can be fun but i never found it scary, Silent Hill on the other hand was the first game to ever truly scare me.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 10:47 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

How can Resident Evil not be scary? I can go down a dark hallway with no flashlight and get attacked by zombies I can't even see and that can put some scare in ya.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 10:33 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by GenomeFrozener

would have to disagree...cant remember if it was in 2 or 3...but up until a certain moment you always thought that once you were out of a room you were safe...until that big bastard came smashing through the wall for the 1st time...i nearly shit my pants

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 11:39 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I thought the second game RE was pretty freaking scary.

But the scariest, well, thats gotta to be Alien VS Predator 2. Those ****ing facehuggers man......

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 01:09 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Yeah, playing as the Marine in AvP 2 was intense.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 07:29 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by jaden101
would have to disagree...cant remember if it was in 2 or 3...but up until a certain moment you always thought that once you were out of a room you were safe...until that big bastard came smashing through the wall for the 1st time...i nearly shit my pants

Nemesis.

---

As for Silent Hill and Resident Evil's different takes on horror all I have to say is that Silent Hill is creepier, more psychological and disgusting. Resident Evil tends to be more gory and grotesque with jump out of your sit scares. I like them both, but Silent Hill disturbs me.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 07:39 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by GenomeFrozener

the concrete corridor in the first RE game on playstation, where all you can see is jill and the ladder behind her, and you can hear the clicking/thud of the hunters as they close in on you...

and that damn music...

pretty messed up, iirc...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 07:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote