KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » DBZ Burst Limit

DBZ Burst Limit
Started by: chickenlover98

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

dbz burst limit

http://www.qj.net/Dragonball-Z-Burs...g/49/aid/110132

looks like a dbz game is FINALLY coming to next gen consoles. thank god. it appears it will also be budokai style as opposed to the tenkaichis

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2007 09:54 AM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

BT2 and BT3 are for Wii. Which is a current Gen system if you didn't realise. Also, something that's gotta stop...there is no "Next Gen" anymore, its current generation. Next Gen is in like 6 years minimum. Its Current Gen people, current gen.

Also, though I own a PS3 if this game is like B3 then I prolly wont pick it up. BT2 and and BT3 were a step in the right direction for DBZ, sad that they are going backwards to a lesser model of gameplay that doesn't represent what DBZ is compared to one that almost perfectly replicates DBZ.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Dec 22nd, 2007 at 06:23 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2007 06:18 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
BT2 and BT3 are for Wii. Which is a current Gen system if you didn't realise. Also, something that's gotta stop...there is no "Next Gen" anymore, its current generation. Next Gen is in like 6 years minimum. Its Current Gen people, current gen.

Also, though I own a PS3 if this game is like B3 then I prolly wont pick it up. BT2 and and BT3 were a step in the right direction for DBZ, sad that they are going backwards to a lesser model of gameplay that doesn't represent what DBZ is compared to one that almost perfectly replicates DBZ.

the wii is great to a point. i guess we can stop saying next-gen can stop now.

the good thing is that it really isnt a step backwards. since budakai 1 came out they've improved things greatly. i merely meant theyd probably have the same char set as budokai 1. however this game will shape up to be great because it will benefit from what the ps3 and microsoft have perfected, which is online play. and this time, it'll work stick out tongue if the story stops at the cell saga, great side stories and movie storylines can be included. however no matter where the story ends it can always be added to via dlc

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2007 05:56 AM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

The Wii is great to a point? To which point is that? Super Mario Galaxy completely trumps every game to come out on the PS3 or 360, as a matter of fact it blows most of them out of the water. I don't really understand what your attempting to point out, and if its that the Wii is inferior in some way then your completely mistaken. All of the great PS3 games I've played (I own a PS3) still seem like sad attempts at making video games compared to what the Wii did with Mario Galaxy.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2007 07:06 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

so far this looks to cash in on budokai 3's success... without being as good as budokai 3.. til I see some vid's I remain unimpressed

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2007 07:09 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

The Wii is great to a point? To which point is that? Super Mario Galaxy completely trumps every game to come out on the PS3 or 360, as a matter of fact it blows most of them out of the water. I don't really understand what your attempting to point out, and if its that the Wii is inferior in some way then your completely mistaken. All of the great PS3 games I've played (I own a PS3) still seem like sad attempts at making video games compared to what the Wii did with Mario Galaxy.

Jeesh, no need to be a Wii fanboy...

I don't think you've played Call of Duty 4 online yet, have you?

Anyway, I've seen a bunch of pics online, and a quick 15 second vid (don't worry, it doesn't show much) and I can honestly say that they are finally doing something right...

Honestly, when talking about gameplay, the Budokai series was a lot better than the Tenkaichi series... The only thing that kept you coming back to the Tenkaichi series was the promise of "OMGZ NU CHARACTERZ!!!" The gameplay was pretty bad (spamming ran rampant, the game would end up with both characters on the far corners of the stage, the action ended abruptly, etc.)

So if the gameplay is anything like B3, then I don't care about how it doesn't reflect "what DBZ is"... And I don't care about the # of characters (B1 style cutscenes makes up for that anyway)... Because we'll finally be getting a good, replayable DBZ game again...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2007 06:37 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Jeesh, no need to be a Wii fanboy...

I don't think you've played Call of Duty 4 online yet, have you?

Anyway, I've seen a bunch of pics online, and a quick 15 second vid (don't worry, it doesn't show much) and I can honestly say that they are finally doing something right...

Honestly, when talking about gameplay, the Budokai series was a lot better than the Tenkaichi series... The only thing that kept you coming back to the Tenkaichi series was the promise of "OMGZ NU CHARACTERZ!!!" The gameplay was pretty bad (spamming ran rampant, the game would end up with both characters on the far corners of the stage, the action ended abruptly, etc.)

So if the gameplay is anything like B3, then I don't care about how it doesn't reflect "what DBZ is"... And I don't care about the # of characters (B1 style cutscenes makes up for that anyway)... Because we'll finally be getting a good, replayable DBZ game again...

I'm level 39 on COD4 online. I've played a crapload of it, the game is good, very good, but its no Super Mario Galaxy, not even close. And I'm not a Wii fanboy, I just hate when people attempt to imply that it is not a "next-gen" (current gen) system and that its inherently inferior to the PS3 and 360.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2007 03:51 AM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

I'm level 39 on COD4 online. I've played a crapload of it, the game is good, very good, but its no Super Mario Galaxy, not even close. And I'm not a Wii fanboy, I just hate when people attempt to imply that it is not a "next-gen" (current gen) system and that its inherently inferior to the PS3 and 360.

Oh, I know it's current gen... I just think it lacks the power of it's cousins... However, it's innovations are vast, and your right, Super Mario Galaxy is pretty fun (of what I've played of it)

Any way, it's Christmas, and I'm in a giving mood, so here's the DBZ: Burst Limit Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPeVnBC-6ho

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 03:42 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

that showed a minimal amount of gameplay...

I hope dimps is involved.. cuz that totally ripped off of b3 lmao

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 06:42 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
that showed a minimal amount of gameplay...

I hope dimps is involved.. cuz that totally ripped off of b3 lmao

Dimps is making the game... That's why it's similar to B3...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 09:36 PM
JackieCD

Looks like it was made for the PS2

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 12:34 AM
JackieCD is currently offline Click here to Send JackieCD a Private Message Find more posts by JackieCD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by JackieCD
Looks like it was made for the PS2

right on!... game's visuals are not next gen calibur by any means

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 04:17 AM
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

i never said it wasnt current gen system. if i did didnt mean it. i dont like having to work to play a game. i love the 360. personally the ps3 is crap. not only cause it doesnt have rumble(i know it will soon) but because of the total lack of games. pretty much everything on the ps3 is already on the 360. plus its online is lacking( no voice support in alot of games). same goes for the wii, it has limited online play. i do not believe mario games are gold. their good for a while but their kinda boring. and the story stopped making sense a LONG time ago. a plumber in space. yup makes alotta sense.

also wouldnt worry so much bout the graphics.they'll be better in the finished product i bet

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 07:08 AM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by chickenlover98
i never said it wasnt current gen system. if i did didnt mean it. i dont like having to work to play a game. i love the 360. personally the ps3 is crap. not only cause it doesnt have rumble(i know it will soon) but because of the total lack of games. pretty much everything on the ps3 is already on the 360. plus its online is lacking( no voice support in alot of games). same goes for the wii, it has limited online play. i do not believe mario games are gold. their good for a while but their kinda boring. and the story stopped making sense a LONG time ago. a plumber in space. yup makes alotta sense.

also wouldnt worry so much bout the graphics.they'll be better in the finished product i bet

Wait until 08, then the PS3 will have some great games...

Anyway, I really like the way this game is shaping up... Hopefully it'll be as fun as B3 was... Honestly, I played that game for a whole two years (even after BT1 came out, I was playing B3, and was until BT2 came out), so let's hope it'll be something of that caliber...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 07:14 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Wait until 08, then the PS3 will have some great games...

Anyway, I really like the way this game is shaping up... Hopefully it'll be as fun as B3 was... Honestly, I played that game for a whole two years (even after BT1 came out, I was playing B3, and was until BT2 came out), so let's hope it'll be something of that caliber...

Great exclusives coming to the PS3? Like what? I must have missed them. blink

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 08:23 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

This game looks exactly like B3.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 11:48 PM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by H. S. 6
Great exclusives coming to the PS3? Like what? I must have missed them. blink

Metal Gear Solid 4

'Nuff said... That game alone will be worth the price of a PS3... And there are the following games to look forward to...

-Haze
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Killzone 2
-L.A. Noire (actually coming in 2009)
-God of War III (also coming in 2009)
-Gran Turismo 5
-The Getaway 3
-Yakuza 3
-Tekken 6

Not to mention some of the good PS3 exclusives already out, like...

-Resistance: Fall of Man
-War Hawk
-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
-Heavenly Sword

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 05:15 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Indeed, plus it has the cross platform games like Oblivion and COD4. The PS3 has games, is getting more games, and is a good system, despite its less then amazing sales and horrible press. I bought one because its a good system, and in my mind gave me more for my dollar then the 360 ever could. The 40gb PS3 is 399 which is less then a blu-ray player by itself. But for 399 you get a blu-ray player, AND a very good game system with a lot of good features. Damn good deal IMO. Plus I didn't want to buy a 360 then have to add on a whole bunch of REALLY expensive crap like Wireless Internet and HDDVD, when its all included in the PS3. Plus the hardware issues with the 360 aren't worth my time, I don't buy faulty hardware or software and the 360 is faulty hardware. Period. I'm not saying that its a bad system, it has a lot of good games, but I just didn't feel that it warranted my hard earned money when I can get a system that gives me a lot more for the same money. But that's just me.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 05:17 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lulz @ 360 being faulty hardware.. your singular experience =/= everyone elses experience

Fact vs Opinion 101 : failed

you loowze.. good day sir

------------------

As for Burst Limit, I seriously hope they dont stick to the crappy virtua fighter dial-a-combos... cuz that made B3 incredibly boring

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 05:46 PM
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

This game looks exactly like B3.

itll probly end up being better. after all it was a crappy trailer with no real gameplay

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 07:31 PM