KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy III [DS]

Final Fantasy III [DS]
Started by: Lord. Kadaj

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord. Kadaj
Shinigami

What ever happened to Final Fantasy 3?

Now this is a thread to see if anyone can tell me what ever happened to Final Fantasy 3,now i dont mean Final Fantasy 6-which was called ff3 in the american version,i mean the actual final fantasy 3,thats alot to take in,but any info would be helpful thankyou.

Here’s to my love! O true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die.

Old Post May 15th, 2005 07:49 AM
Lord. Kadaj is currently offline Click here to Send Lord. Kadaj a Private Message Find more posts by Lord. Kadaj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe 3, 4, and 5 were realeased on PS as final fantasy anthology. I could be wrong though, I never played the anthology. I did play 5 on an ZNES emulator however. Pretty good game, difficult as hell though. I believe numbers 3 and 4 can probably be downloaded from SNES rom site. You will probably need a translation patch to go along with the rom though. I don't think the games have ever been translated into english as of yet. I'm not sure if a translation patch exists for either however, I'll do a search on google and post what I find.

Old Post May 15th, 2005 10:12 AM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord. Kadaj
Shinigami

Thanks Man!

Here’s to my love! O true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die.

Old Post May 15th, 2005 10:44 AM
Lord. Kadaj is currently offline Click here to Send Lord. Kadaj a Private Message Find more posts by Lord. Kadaj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey I apologize..actually 3 was a NES game as were 1 and 2. There are plenty fo NES(nintendo) Emulators on the net out there. Download it and try to do a search to find the ROM. You'll probably have to find a translation patch for it too. Here's a link that gives an overview of the story behind FF3 and the rest of the series.

http://www.squareuniverse.net/ff3.html

Final Fantasy 4 was actually Final Fantasy 2 in the US. Just to let you know. Final Fantasy 4,5,6 were all done on the SNES(super nintendo). So you will need an emulator to play them. Or you can get anthology for the PS, which has both 5 and 6 on it. It's only about 15 bucks and you can play it on the PS2 console.

If your into Free gaming(like I am) I suggest the ZNES for windows. Damb good SNES emulator in my opinion. You will need a translation patch for 5, since it was not realeased in the US. I suggest an IPS patch, which can be run in dos to apply the translation to the ROM.

Good luck

Old Post May 15th, 2005 11:24 AM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

The Japanese Final Fantasy 3 is coming to Nintendo DS, in a perfect remake, no, not the US 6, I mean 3 from Japan. Gamespot has details.

Old Post May 15th, 2005 02:38 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord. Kadaj
Shinigami

cool!

Old Post May 15th, 2005 05:51 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Final Fantasy 3 for the DS

Final Fantasy III which has never been released outside of Japan is being remade for the DS and is to be sold outside of Japan. So far the game looks good and it's Square Enix and really, has Square ever let us down on a game before?

Old Post May 10th, 2006 02:21 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

They let me down with FFX-2 sad

Old Post May 10th, 2006 07:52 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
office jesus

They let EVERYONE down with X-2.

Old Post May 11th, 2006 05:10 AM
office jesus is currently offline Click here to Send office jesus a Private Message Find more posts by office jesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

X2 was a sequel to an alright Final Fantasy game. This is a remake of FF3 which has never been released outside Japan. They're taking it from 2D and making it 3D for the DS.

Old Post May 12th, 2006 01:38 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Final Fantasy III [DS]

I did a search and found nothing on the remake of the classic NES game Final Fantasy III. FF3 is getting a complete graphics update to be released on the DS in Nov. I believe. FF3 is the only Final Fantasy game never to be released outside of Japan and I am looking forward to it. FF3 was the first game to feature a Job System where you could change your jobs around (like Final Fantasy V).

The four Onion Knights have been changed to four new characters with unique backgrounds. Final Fantasy III DS looks good so far and I know many fans of Square-Enix are looking forward to this game. New jobs have also been added in and you can count on other goodies for this remake of Final Fantasy III.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 09:05 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Yeah, I can't wait for this. I plan to buy it, and if I like classic FF style, like I liked 9, I will buy 1,2,4,5,6 on GBA.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 09:17 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JToTheP
Yeah, I can't wait for this. I plan to buy it, and if I like classic FF style, like I liked 9, I will buy 1,2,4,5,6 on GBA.

4 is my favorite.

But to truly be sure I will need to play 3. Also Final Fantasy XII is going to have a spin off on the DS.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 09:20 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

My most anticipated DS title, along with Castlevania, looks great.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 11:06 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

The storyline has been changed as well because of the original story being said to be lack luster.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 12:05 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by ESB -1138
4 is my favorite.

But to truly be sure I will need to play 3. Also Final Fantasy XII is going to have a spin off on the DS.

I'm not concerned about 12 at all, I didn't like 11's gameplay, and I didn't like 10 either, didn't bother with 10-2.

Originally posted by InnerRise
The storyline has been changed as well because of the original story being said to be lack luster.

Well, how much detail can you put into an RPG on a basic cartridge? I mean this is a decade and a half later, so of course they can make it deeper with the DS Chip being way bigger than an NES cartridge.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 04:43 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JToTheP

Well, how much detail can you put into an RPG on a basic cartridge? I mean this is a decade and a half later, so of course they can make it deeper with the DS Chip being way bigger than an NES cartridge.
Well what are you trying to say? Sounds kind of contradictory.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 02:03 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I wish they would give a European release date.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 11:19 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by InnerRise
Well what are you trying to say? Sounds kind of contradictory.

Well I mean with the size of the disc they can emphasize everything further, along with graphical technology increasing so much. They may very well of had all these original story branches, or however the story enhancements are, but had to get rid of them due to the cartridge space. I mean from what I have seen from google pics, FF 1-3 on NES looked exactly the same, and seemed to play the same. The same going for 4-6 on SNES.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 04:18 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually there was a notable change between IV and V/VI; the first was an eight meg data size, the others closer to 24. I think there was a strong sense of the NES still about IV.

Your basic point is probably right though.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 04:38 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote