KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gamespot...Bias?

Gamespot...Bias?
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Gamespot...Bias?

While you were sleeping last night Gamespot finally reviewed Rachet and Clank for the PS3. This was thought to be the killer app many PS3 owners were expecting. The game got some pretty good reviews from other gaming sites.

But Gamespot gave an average score....7.5. The entire Sony Nation are up in arms agaisn't gamespot. According to some fans....Gamespot hates the PS3.

Whachoo fellas think?

(I personally find it funny all the screaming fanboys e-mailing the gamespot site.)

stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 03:13 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

dun! dun! DUUNNN!!

But seriliously, giving a "Killer AMpp" game that honestly isn't even all that great (Yeah, I'm biased ) doesn't make Gamespot biased.

However, I've heard a lot over time that they do make a lot of biasec claims. So eh.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 03:18 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

I think everyone is bias, even reveiwers, take a look at certain movies, some get awesome rating at turn out to be awful and vice-versa

I would expect Gamespot to be bias, but maybe the rating just meant it was expected to be better than what it was.

I doubt reveiwers are going to risk their job to downrate a game they don't like, but that's just my two cents

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 03:21 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Remindme
I think everyone is bias, even reveiwers, take a look at certain movies, some get awesome rating at turn out to be awful and vice-versa

I would expect Gamespot to be bias, but maybe the rating just meant it was expected to be better than what it was.

I doubt reveiwers are going to risk their job to downrate a game they don't like, but that's just my two cents

I actually disagree on the last bit, as the reviews are pretty much based on whether or not the reviewer liked the game or not - it's not all about the technical aspect.

I don't think it's so much as bias as not everyone likes the same thing.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 03:23 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

They all are bias
Every single one
Games, Movies, they all support ones that have some connection with them or if they don't like something then they will trash it
Alas this is the way of the world

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 03:23 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Can't post a link but I'll give you a visual image of the riots. laughing out loud

Attachment: gamefaqs_ratchet9e6f5.jpg
This has been downloaded 207 time(s).

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 03:25 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Lana
I actually disagree on the last bit, as the reviews are pretty much based on whether or not the reviewer liked the game or not - it's not all about the technical aspect.

I don't think it's so much as bias as not everyone likes the same thing.

I suppose your right, after all i guess that's why they are hired in the first place....eep

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Can't post a link but I'll give you a visual image of the riots. laughing out loud

hahahah, that's insane one reveiw and people turn like that? crazy world we live in

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 03:27 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

It's too easy, the story falls flat, and the "throw everything in including the kitchen sink" style of gameplay takes too much of the focus off the tight platforming and fun combat. That said, the gorgeous visuals and generally fun gameplay are enough to make Tools of Destruction worthwhile for the series' fans and newcomers alike.

Seems like Gamestop actually played the game.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 03:33 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Obligatory 8.8 comment!

Seriously, though, there are a few reviewers on the Gamespot staff that have all but admitted to hating the Wii. I'm sure there are a few that feel the same about the PS3.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 04:17 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Some hate the 360, some hate the Wii, and some hate the PS3. That's the way things work.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 05:24 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Everyone has a favorite console
and a console they hate but in their line of work it is good to be professional

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 05:28 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

The guys at IGN rated it a 9.4, which judging by the rest of the media reviews seems like they rated it too high. Overall its prolly in the 8.5 range. Needless to say once I get my PS3 this is a game I'll pick up for sure. Gamespot is pretty bias towards the Wii though (and the PS3 to a lesser extent), Zelda got an 8.8, Metroid Prime 3 got like an 8.5, makes me wonder what they'll rate Galaxy. Nevertheless I doubt this game is a 7.4 seeing as everyone else is rating it like 1 or 2 points higher then that.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 05:44 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Does it really matter what the score is?

It's just the score.

I read the review and I can understand where they're coming from. Havnt played the game but if the review is true, I would totally give it around that.

If Gamespot kept with its old score then it would of probably gotten 7.9 or something similiar.

I also agree with its Twilight Princess review. If I remember correctly, the main problem with tha guy that they had was its basically another Zelda game. Great game, but nothing original.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 05:49 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

If you like the game you don't need other people to tell you how good it is they can tell you about it but it is your decision at the end of it

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 05:59 PM
Impediment
Endless

I downloaded the demo of R & C for my PS3, and I loved it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 06:32 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Kinda similar to what happened with them and Twilight Princess. Gave it a score that the fanboys felt was too low and instinctively called bias, without even considering the possibility that the reviewer raised some perfectly valid points as to why the game didn't get a higher score. I like that Gamespot doesn't cater to the fanboys and reviews a game honestly, not taking into account hype or any of that.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 07:36 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

To true

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 07:54 PM
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

It's just a score, the gamers don't really have to be slaves to the score and follow it like it's gonna change gaming history.

If they like the new Rarchet and Clank game, **** the score.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 08:21 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Sol Valentine
It's just a score, the gamers don't really have to be slaves to the score and follow it like it's gonna change gaming history.

If they like the new Rarchet and Clank game, **** the score.

Right, I still like Dragon Blade despite Gamestop giving it a low score.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 08:24 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

that is what I say as well

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 08:47 PM