KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Portal

Portal
Started by: taft

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
taft
that guy

Portals.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 08:07 PM
taft is currently offline Click here to Send taft a Private Message Find more posts by taft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

wow that looks fun.. whens the release date lol

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 08:34 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taft
that guy

I have no idea, my friend just linked me to that video. Looks like I have some googling to do.

Sig by Barker. He takes requests!!!! PM HIM Tell him I sent you.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 08:38 PM
taft is currently offline Click here to Send taft a Private Message Find more posts by taft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It comes out with Half Life Episode 2 and TF2. Sometime in the fall, I'm thinking October.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 08:46 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taft
that guy

Can't wait to play it.

Sig by Barker. He takes requests!!!! PM HIM Tell him I sent you.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 08:54 PM
an_old_wonderer

looks like prey's ideas of the portals will come to most future first person games, just like they were hoping. now i wonder if the gravity thing will too?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 09:22 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But this is completly different than Prey, it isnt just an level design, its designed into the actual gameplay.

All Prey did was portray portals in a very neat graphical way, but the idea of portals have been around since Doom.

Gravity gun idea was included in the expansion pack for Doom 3, but I cant see the gravity being a big part in FPS because it will be labelled as being an HL2 ripoff. Also, it takes an insane amound of coding to do the gravity gun.

But until the physic's PCI cards are more available, I dont think you will see alot of gravity gun rip-offs.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 10:09 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Holy god.

That's awesome.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 10:22 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I saw the trailer for this early this morning, and started laughing in an insane manner once the practical use examples really got going.

I love games that combine puzzles with action, and this seems to be doing that perfectly.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 10:28 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
But this is completly different than Prey, it isnt just an level design, its designed into the actual gameplay.

All Prey did was portray portals in a very neat graphical way, but the idea of portals have been around since Doom.

Gravity gun idea was included in the expansion pack for Doom 3, but I cant see the gravity being a big part in FPS because it will be labelled as being an HL2 ripoff. Also, it takes an insane amound of coding to do the gravity gun.

But until the physic's PCI cards are more available, I dont think you will see alot of gravity gun rip-offs.

im not talking about the fact that portals are made from prey cause i know they arent. im saying the way the portals are made. on the game you see them as holes to another part of the world, a doorway to another part of the room. it doesn't do some special effect crap or noise when you go through like the old teleporters, it just lets u walk in without any feeling. plus the shape is the same as prey...i'm not saying this game looks bad, cause it does look kinda good, i'm just saying the portals are the exact same except ones using a gun to make them and the others just portals set there already.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 12:11 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So your point is that the actual graphic looks like Prey?

Or the gameplay?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 12:19 AM
Sasuke Uchiha
NoyauDur Zombie Pupitreur

Holy Christ.

Amazing.

What system? Or is it PC?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 12:48 AM
Sasuke Uchiha is currently offline Click here to Send Sasuke Uchiha a Private Message Find more posts by Sasuke Uchiha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Apparently intended to be shipped with the PC version of Half-Life 2. So it would be for PC.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 01:11 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NightWriter
Seeker of Inspiration

Damn, it looks good but I would get confused after a while, lol.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 01:17 AM
NightWriter is currently offline Click here to Send NightWriter a Private Message Find more posts by NightWriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

So your point is that the actual graphic looks like Prey?

Or the gameplay?

not the graphics, the gameplay.....only part of gameplay i mean is going through the portals.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 01:29 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I guess, but the portals in Prey are pretty much like doors.

The idea of portals in science fiction has been around for decades.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 03:01 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I started crackin up when he fell infinately... great stuff.. definately lookin forward to it

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 05:03 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

that looks awesome !!!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 06:13 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

I guess, but the portals in Prey are pretty much like doors.

The idea of portals in science fiction has been around for decades.
nvm....u wont understand what im talking about.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 07:18 AM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

That would confuse the hell out of me if I played that.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 07:18 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote