KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Is Next Gen Disappointing or Not?

Is Next Gen Disappointing or Not?
Started by: Nusa105

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

Is Next Gen Disappointing or Not?

I don't Own any Next Gen Consoles at the moment but my Mom's Cousin Said to me "Nusa, Current Gen is Better than Next Gen" is it true or not?

Old Post May 8th, 2015 03:24 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

PS4 is the most graphically superior console on the market.

Lack of games had made it disappointing, though.

With PS3 you can get most games that are available on PS4, plus free online pay. No other console, next-gen, or current-gen, allows that.

When Dissidia, Final Fantasy comes out, I expect PS4 to play everything out of the water, though.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 8th, 2015 04:12 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I'll say this much, Xbox One blows everything out of the water with its games.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 04:13 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
free online pay. No other console, next-gen, or current-gen, allows that.

Nintendo has free online play.

Like what? (Serious question.)

Old Post May 8th, 2015 04:49 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

U mean Next Gen is disappointing or not?

Old Post May 8th, 2015 05:26 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It sorta was. It's getting into the groove, though. Bloodborne was outstanding, and Witcher 3, MGS5, Arkham Knight, all look outstanding.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 05:52 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Too many re-releases of updated last gen games, One reason i haven't brought one of the new consoles.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 07:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

So far graphics are better but gameplay isnt.

Bankai.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 07:54 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

It sucks huge dicks. And the worst part of it is is that it basically wards you off buying new games due to all the dlc. Do you want to buy a 70 to 80 dollar game now or do you want to buy it in 5 months with 100 dollars worth of dlc attached for 30 bucks? Because if that's what you want, you better run from spoilers.

I've taken to buying games pretty much released in PS3's infancy to make up for it. I'll have a sizable PS3 library by the time I buy another PS4 game.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 09:21 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, every game's gotta have a season pass now in addition to possibly more DLC to come after it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 8th, 2015 11:50 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm thinking developers were surprised of the difficulty getting games out of the door with this generation.

Overall, it's not what it supposed to be but it will get better. Unlike previous generations, this current gen is all about subtle changes to what games can do. Personally, I don't see any big changes in terms of gameplay mechanics but you will see improvement to current genres. Dead Rising 3 is a good example of that. An open world where there isn't any loading screens and zombies can follow you into buildings. It's not exicting but previous games in the series would of had a loading screen and no zombies following you.

Eventually, the idea that new generation of systems will radically alter how games are developed are starting to dwindle. The industry is still very new compared to other mediums like film and music.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 12:30 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

GTA V, The Last of Us, and Destiny are brilliantly gorgeous on PS4.

Arkham Knight looks like it will be a 10 out of 10.

Still, lack of original games are a downer for me. There are entirely too many re-releases of games these days and not originals.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 8th, 2015 01:35 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Sure if you want to ignore the Wii U library's existence which so far trumps PS4 and One's current amount of exclusives. This fact would be of course commonly known if Nintendo didn't discourage free publicity.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 8th, 2015 at 05:10 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2015 05:06 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Sacred 117

Master Chief Collection (All Main Halo Games), Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Titanfall.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 05:56 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Sacred 117

Didn't know that.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 05:58 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Sure if you want to ignore the Wii U library's existence which so far trumps PS4 and One's current amount of exclusives.

thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

Old Post May 8th, 2015 06:26 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Yeah I'd say it's disappointing. I haven't played a game that I was really engrossed in and affected by since Last of Us.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post May 8th, 2015 06:27 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Sure if you want to ignore the Wii U library's existence which so far trumps PS4 and One's current amount of exclusives. This fact would be of course commonly known if Nintendo didn't discourage free publicity.
How many good Nintendo-exclusives are there that are third-party? Serious question.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 8th, 2015 06:28 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Yeah, I agree.

Smash > Everything.

Old Post May 8th, 2015 06:53 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Tzeentch
How many good Nintendo-exclusives are there that are third-party? Serious question.

I only know two and by the end of this year, the amount will be four total. Not pretty I know. Wii U's still got good games regardless.

edit - oh wait. There was also that Lego game and if you count the Deus Ex Director's Cut, but I guess that's still not a lot in comparison but at least it's growing albeit slowly.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 8th, 2015 at 07:09 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2015 06:54 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote