KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » the official "should i buy this game" thread.

the official "should i buy this game" thread.
Started by: Lord Knightfa11

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

the official "should i buy this game" thread.

i'll start. should i buy the witcher?

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 08:25 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

No, probably not....

I don't need to ask... I'm well enough informed about games to make my own mind up.... End of thread.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 11:08 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

is the witcher big and freeplay like oblivion or linear? i buy if its like oblivion but not if it is like linear.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 06:59 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Should I buy Fallout 3? People seem to be giving this game an awful lot of crap lately.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 08:31 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Should I buy Fallout 3? People seem to be giving this game an awful lot of crap lately.

Depends...If you were a hardcore Oblivion fan chances are you'll like it. Maybe it was just me but it seemed a lot harder than Oblivion, it has a much longer and more fulfilling campaign. I dunno I think I still liked Oblivion better, though this was still fun I didn't enjoy exploring as much as I did in Oblivion, I just put the game down after the campaign I didn't feel like exploring at all after I was finished. (Though the game ends anyways after the campaign) And fighting just wasn't as fun though the VATS system was epic. I consider it a rent, but I dunno one of my friends who loved Oblivion hated this and another loved it, and I'm a bit inbetween.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 09:58 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
is the witcher big and freeplay like oblivion or linear? i buy if its like oblivion but not if it is like linear.

In some ways it's more free then Oblivion and in some ways more restricted, you cannot for instance immidiately travel around in the Witcher, you have a defined area that you can work in that area can then later be expanded, but the Witcher is far from Linear, You will make the choices in the game and that will affect what you encounter and experience later on, some quests might not even be possible to do because of something you failed to do ore did earlier, imo buy it.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 10:38 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Yeah you should, imo it's one of the best western RPGs made, and the setting is something none of the other ones have really used before. And if you have played Fallout 1 and 2, then this one is definitley a must.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 10:40 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yes, Fallout 3 was pretty much Game of the year I think.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 10:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by §P0oONY

I don't need to ask... I'm well enough informed about games to make my own mind up.... End of thread.
He was just asking a question, some people aren't sure if they want to buy a game or not, don't be a dick.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 11:02 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Little Big Planet.

I'm genuinely intrigued by this game and I really want to play it.

What the hell is it about though? Is there a storyline? Or do you just go level to level and then, after beating the campaign mode, make your own levels and show them off online?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 07:13 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by DorianYates
He was just asking a question, some people aren't sure if they want to buy a game or not, don't be a dick.

Pah...

^ Yeah, you should, if you own a PS3 it's a must have as far as I'm concerned.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 07:37 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilMimister006

I think Fallout 3 and LBP are way overrated. Here's what games you SHOULD play/get if you haven't already:

Mirror's Edge
Gears of War 2 (Not counting the shitty multiplayer)
Dead Space

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 01:12 AM
LilMimister006 is currently offline Click here to Send LilMimister006 a Private Message Find more posts by LilMimister006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

LBP is hardly overrated, it's not an amazing game but people never even mention it. So it's not rated enough for it do be done overly so.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 01:16 AM
LilMimister006

BS on the people never mention it. I hear people talking about it all the friggin time in other forums ranting and raving about it. Hell, it came up as "game of the year" number 2 only second to Metal Gear Solid 4. THAT. is overrated in my book.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 01:21 AM
LilMimister006 is currently offline Click here to Send LilMimister006 a Private Message Find more posts by LilMimister006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

GOTY means sweet fa and you must be looking in weird forums to see people rave about it half as much as an average shooter. As far as games go it's broken the mould, deserving of any praise it gets on the whole. It's not going to stand up to the test of time as it's more or less an online game (which will lose it's fan base). It's certainly a must have title if you're a PS3 owner and it's fantastic to see a decent platformer every once in a while.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 01:33 AM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Impediment
Little Big Planet.

I'm genuinely intrigued by this game and I really want to play it.

What the hell is it about though? Is there a storyline? Or do you just go level to level and then, after beating the campaign mode, make your own levels and show them off online?

You go through several different places. There's a garden thing, an african like one, an asian one, and some others. each of those have like 3 or four levels in them. There's not much of a story, they kind of have one in the different big places. You go through the main levels just to get these bubbles that have items in them and different outfits. Then you can go online and play other peoples levels they've made and make your own. Making your own is pretty time consuming though. I got it, it was fun for a day or two, got kind of tired of it though, if I had more friends on there it would've probably been a lot better though.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:05 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LilMimister006
I think Fallout 3 and LBP are way overrated. Here's what games you SHOULD play/get if you haven't already:

Mirror's Edge
Gears of War 2 (Not counting the shitty multiplayer)
Dead Space
You think fallout 3 is overrated?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 12:09 PM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Oh Goody!

Lay it on me....Should I buy Final Fantasy XIII for the 360?

(The last FF I played was FF VII for the PS1)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 04:20 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

FF titles are generally worth owning... I didn't like 12 but I will be getting 13, probably preowned though.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 04:36 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

i'll be getting 13

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 04:40 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote