KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Few thoughts about Karness Muur and Cade's Healing Technique

Few thoughts about Karness Muur and Cade's Healing Technique
Started by: Darth Sexy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Few thoughts about Karness Muur and Cade's Healing Technique

I was just thinking about this while reading the last Legacy comic. I wanted to get everyone's input on Karness Muur.
Based on what we've seen and what he has said, he seems to be a very powerful sith lord. Apparently a LOT more powerful than Krayt or any of the Jedi of that time. He claims to have easily slain sith more powerful than Krayt. Whether it's true or not remains to be seen but he was using force lightning to such a degree that he was lifting Krayt, another sith, both Imperial Knights, and Azalyn Rae, off the ground. Obviously gauging his power relative to other sith or Jedi of the SW mythos is hard, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that he was very powerful and more powerful than anyone in the One Sith.

When it comes to Cade's healing technique, it seems to be an inverse version of the shatterpoint. He can see the cracks and he can either destroy the item/being in question, or he can rebuild. It may not be the shatterpoint but it appears to be closely related to it. Also, there seems to be absolutely no defense for this technique. He obliterated Muur and his talisman easily and almost instantly. I don't want to claim Cade's raw powers make him a force titan, but I would think he is at least a top tier force user, for any period. And how much more powerful would he be had he continued training for those 7 years as a jedi/sith?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 04:27 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Is Wyyrlok the new leader of the sith?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 03:14 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Presumably. He did kill the leader and rescued the rest.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 04:54 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

And was also Darth Krayt's closest associate in the One Sith, as were Wyyrlok's parents and grandparents.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 10:50 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Honestly, that caught me off-guard. I never thought Wyyrlok'd be the one who finally killed Krayt.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 06:39 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wyyrlok seems more powerful than Krayt.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 06:46 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

A lot of people seem more powerful than Krayt.

Whatever, I'm glad he's dead.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 06:48 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

You have to ask yourself though. Having his kind of sith order is pretty much guaranteed to fail, so why waste 100 years building it up and expecting it to succeed and why dedicate a comic to it? I've seen the next 4 front pages of the the legacy issues so it should be interesting. They're going in a different direction apparently.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 07:21 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Publius II
A lot of people seem more powerful than Krayt.

Whatever, I'm glad he's dead.

I thought he was an interesting character. Certainly had more motivation for being an evil bastard than 90% of the Sith in SW.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Major Valerian
Honestly, that caught me off-guard. I never thought Wyyrlok'd be the one who finally killed Krayt.

Me neither. I never expected Wyyrlok would be one to kill Krayt. However, I expected if anyone would continue Krayt's legacy it would probably be Wyyrlok.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

We never saw Krayt at his fullest...he's been declining into madness and ill health for a while.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I don't think we ever really will get to see Krayt in his prime. All he was doing was training his Sith in secret on Korriban for about a hundred years... I'm sure he was powerful but we never really got to see it. Karness dominated him after Azlyn caught him offguard, and Wyyrlok struck him down while he was horribly wounded.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 10:45 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well as I've said, it appears Karness Muur was beyond Krayt and anyone in the "One Sith". I wonder how powerful Ajunta Pall must have been since he was the leader of the Dark Jedi Exiles.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 11:06 PM
Eminence
Boss

What did Muur do that makes him so powerful?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 02:04 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Possess others, use pretty powerful force lightning, and turn people to mutants (whatever they are called).

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's taking force lightning from Krayt and another sith. Then he's dishing it out in Celeste Morne while levitating Krayt and the other sith as well as Azalyn Rae, Shado, and the imperial knights. His power seems to be immense. He also tells Krayt that he's easily slain sith more powerful than Krayt.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 04:52 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Captain REX
I don't think we ever really will get to see Krayt in his prime. All he was doing was training his Sith in secret on Korriban for about a hundred years... I'm sure he was powerful but we never really got to see it. Karness dominated him after Azlyn caught him offguard, and Wyyrlok struck him down while he was horribly wounded.
I'm sure some comic or novel or some such will come out set between 40 and 130 ABY.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 07:10 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Young_Angel
Dark side of the Moon...

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Possess others, use pretty powerful force lightning, and turn people to mutants (whatever they are called).

Rakghouls. And yes, that's pretty much how Karness became powerful than some of the other Sith. Using that little talisman of his was something. But I'm glad Cade destroyed it.

Speaking of which, I understood what his dad, Kol, had said when he stated, "That which can heal can also break." Guess Cade's healing power can also break the cracks too. Go Skywalkers! smile

But yeah, since Karness is long and gone, and Krayt dead... will Wyyrlok rule the "One Sith"? Maybe. I have a hunch something may happen...

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 03:07 AM
Click here to Send Young_Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Young_Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

I thought he used shatterpoint to break it, not the force lightning revive thing.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 03:09 AM
Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Young_Angel
Dark side of the Moon...

Originally posted by kotorfan
I thought he used shatterpoint to break it, not the force lightning revive thing.

Hmm... you know what? He did. Found it right here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shatterpoint

Old Post Feb 27th, 2009 07:34 PM
Click here to Send Young_Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Young_Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote