KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Rock Band

Rock Band
Started by: AstroFan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Rock Band

I did 2 searches and couldnt find a thread, but if there is one please merge or close this. embarrasment

Is anyone picking this up today, or already picked it up for that matter? Im picking it up at lunch, but im suddenly more aware of my lack of game playing friends. lol

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 01:35 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

i have guitar hero 3, and im waiting on one of my friends to pick up Rock Band but i dont think they will, but ill use my GH3 controller with it

and couldnt u form a band over xbox live?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 05:46 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

You can do like quick play songs online, but you cant do the Band World Tour online.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 07:11 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

That sucks...that would have been an amazing feature

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:48 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not really interested in this game.

I haven't even gotten Guitar Hero 3 yet. I'm kind of out of it for right now with these types of games.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 10:23 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Never liked musical coordination games. Rock band, however, looks like it would be fun with a few buddies.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 06:24 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Keyword....buddies.

I definitly agree but I wonder how well it will do with its big price tag.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 08:07 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I've never seen what the big attraction is with these kind of games (singstar, guitarhero, *insert karaoke-like game name here* etc), I tried Guitar Hero once, I found it outright boring, if you wanna play a guitar, take guitar lessons?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 08:20 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, it's not really the same.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 06:47 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Played it, sucked ass. For the Fall Out Boy fan within you, go get it, but that'll be the day right?

Played the drums, and well, it felt like Fisher-Price shit.

Played the guitar, it doesn't feel as comfy as the Guitar Hero controller and it felt really flimsy.

As for the songs, they can't compare to the great songlist that GH 3 has.

Overall, greatly disappointed in all this.

The mic controller doesn't pick up talent either, it picks up money screams that sorta sound like the dumbass Fall Out Boy music onscreen. Save your money.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 12:04 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panic469

i tried the game at best buy... i dont know if the game was busted, but all the notes that i tried to hold with the guitar woudn't hold. plz tell me im wrong cause i wanna get the game!!!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 03:57 AM
panic469 is currently offline Click here to Send panic469 a Private Message Find more posts by panic469 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by panic469
i tried the game at best buy... i dont know if the game was busted, but all the notes that i tried to hold with the guitar woudn't hold. plz tell me im wrong cause i wanna get the game!!!

It's true. The guitar controller has been reported unresponsive by many of my friends who've purchased the game. Seems you have to get lucky and turn up a 'good' controller that'll work fine. No game should make you do all that.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2007 06:50 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Scythe
It's true. The guitar controller has been reported unresponsive by many of my friends who've purchased the game. Seems you have to get lucky and turn up a 'good' controller that'll work fine. No game should make you do all that.

There've always been glitches with early hardware/software in technology. I'm sure they'll fix the problem.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2007 05:28 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallin Angel
Your Angel

I like it so far. My friend brought it over and we got 2 other friends to join in to make a full band. I mostly just do the mic or drums lol. I only play the guitar if someone else wanted to play with the mic or drums. The game is pretty fun and addicting when u have other ppl with u and the graphics are better than GH3.

Sig and icon made by me. ^_^

Old Post Nov 24th, 2007 07:41 PM
Fallin Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Fallin Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Fallin Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by H. S. 6
There've always been glitches with early hardware/software in technology. I'm sure they'll fix the problem.

Yeah, when will that be? Rock Band 2? Rock Band 3? They nailed it the first time with Guitar Hero.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 02:35 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

My only problem is that its only an group thing and thats why I have misgivings that it wont do as well as Guitar Hero.

I love videogames but its hard to find people to play with splitscreen and a game that cost over $100 for a party game might hurt it sales.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 08:20 AM
Fallin Angel
Your Angel

Originally posted by Smasandian
My only problem is that its only an group thing and thats why I have misgivings that it wont do as well as Guitar Hero.

I love videogames but its hard to find people to play with splitscreen and a game that cost over $100 for a party game might hurt it sales.

Well, u could always go online and make a band on there if u can't find any friends to play offline.

Sig and icon made by me. ^_^

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 09:25 PM
Fallin Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Fallin Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Fallin Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I played with my boss and another guy a few days ago, and it was incredibly fun. laughing out loud

The drums are much harder than I figured. But ive spending most my time singing. embarrasment

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 09:28 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Scythe
Yeah, when will that be? Rock Band 2? Rock Band 3? They nailed it the first time with Guitar Hero.

Either an update through Live, or exchanging the faulty instruments.

Guitar Hero II for the 360 had faulty guitars as well.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 10:00 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kumar

i'm torn. It looks like a really cool idea and some friends and i have been talking about going in on it (like, dividing the price up). But one of my buddies might get it for christmas so i guess that way i'll get to play it for free big grin

I will live Forever

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 07:21 PM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote