KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Call of Duty: World at War

Call of Duty: World at War
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Call of Duty 5

Call of Duty 5 back to World War II

Story By Jay Filmer

Thought Call of Duty 4 meant no more WWII? Think again

Those of you who enjoyed the latest Call of Duty’s modern-day approach may be saddened to learn that Treyarch (the dev team responsible for three, and, who will quite possibly end up doing seven) is taking the series back to World War II for the fifth game in the series.

Well, that’s if a job ad on the Treyarch website is anything to go by.

The ad, which is for a level builder, in case you’re interested, doesn’t give away any concrete info as such, but after asking for applicants with “working experience with First-Person Shooter or Third-Person Shooter genres”, does go on to add, “if you’re a fan of World War 2 shooters, then even better!”.

http://www.gamer.tm/news.php?id=1848

See, that's why i never liked Treyarch. Cause they blow hard. The next Call of Duty should taken place in the future. Infinity ward'll do it.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 08:33 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

This is one of the dumbest gaming decisions ive seen not involving Sony. They gained a assload of fans with CoD 4, now they are gonna go back to an unpopular setting with an inferior developer. People who dont know much about gaming who liked CoD4 will play this and be disappointed, and wont give Infinity Ward's next version a chance.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 08:36 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Indeed, I've seen a lot of discussion about Call of Duty 6 around the web because people have totally discarded CoD 5.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 08:38 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

The word that springs to mind is generic...again.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 08:44 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

"Hey guys! The modern setting was a great setting and probably helped push COD4 to be one of the best selling video games of 07. So let's go back to WWII".

Won't be buying it.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 08:48 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

What a pity...I guess some people don't learn from the mistakes of other franchises or there own.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 08:50 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Won't be getting either. The reason I got and liked COD4 was because it was so different from every other generic shooter out there, and then they go back to the cookie-cutter crap?

Yeah, no.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 08:51 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Also, CoD 5 isn't developed by the same people either as CoD 4.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 08:52 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
Won't be getting either. The reason I got and liked COD4 was because it was so different from every other generic shooter out there, and then they go back to the cookie-cutter crap?

Yeah, no.

Totally disagree with you on that one.

COD4 was exactly the same as all Call of Duty games. The difference is that you play with M16's instead of Thompson machineguns and it has helicopters in it. The story was also pretty good but Call of Duty 4 is still another shooter. Just an extremely well made game.

I probably wont buy this one, but I'll play it though. There doing what they did with Call of Duty 3.

Last edited by Smasandian on Feb 14th, 2008 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 09:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

come on! lets see some civil war COD

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 09:11 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

The people doing COD5 were the ones that did COD3, which i never got into. Loved 1 and 2 though. And 4 of course. Especially 4.

I played those 3 all the way through with satisfation. Part 3 was meh. maybe it's because i was so use to playing 1 and 2 on PC and that when it went to the xbox and became multiplatform i subconcously had that "now everybody has this game, geez" mentality. I honestly wanted it to stay in the PC and keep it as the PC's jewel. Not a huge fan of ports.

But then i played COD4 for the 360 a liked the game alot. I personally think it's the best call of duty game in the series. But what a way to plummet from being the best fsp on the market to making probably and potentially, the most unplayed and/or unpopular game in the genre.

But people'll still pick 5 up just cause it's COD as if the video game industry isn't already saturated with WW2 themed video games, forget fps's.

I'll try the demo, but i dunno. Something better drastically change to convince me otherwise. like incorporate Hitler into the game and make him the last leader.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 09:42 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Or add bizzare secret nazi weapons and aircraft the likes never seen in any video game.

And make the nazi army playable in solo player mode.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 09:49 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by Mairuzu
come on! lets see some civil war COD

Hmm....
*Imagining CoD during the American Civil War*

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 10:23 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Morridini
Hmm....
*Imagining CoD during the American Civil War*

not really a difficult task...every level would involve standing in a line with a load of other men...infront of a line of a load of other men...aiming...shooting

would probably be fun on the wii...having to reload with by pouring gunpowder into the gun and packing it down with the stopper...hahaha

ok..perhaps not

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 10:35 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Do you these people in live in a box? I'm so sick of WW2 games. mad

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 10:40 PM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I think people are pretty tired of Nazi's and Hitler trying to dominate the world.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 10:42 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

My nazi body count is definetely in the 6 figure bracket, and it all started with wolfenstein for pc.

But now it's time for new prey. It should've been time since cod3 actually.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 10:56 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by jaden101
not really a difficult task...every level would involve standing in a line with a load of other men...infront of a line of a load of other men...aiming...shooting

would probably be fun on the wii...having to reload with by pouring gunpowder into the gun and packing it down with the stopper...hahaha

ok..perhaps not

If The Patriot managed to not be dull I'm sure IW could do it too.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 10:57 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

COD future warfare? blink

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 11:08 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Battlefield already tried that, didn't work out that well.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 11:17 PM