KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » 3 Days of X-Play

3 Days of X-Play
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

3 Days of X-Play

http://kotaku.com/5155419/cuts-hit-...ly-%5Bupdate%5D

Starting in March 2nd, G4's X-Play will only be on three days a week, not five. The gaming news show is on three days due to staff cuts.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 11:28 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

And because a 5 day show about gaming got tedious. I barely watch X-Play since they went in the new direction. What's the point? Most gamers get their news online way before X-Play aired it.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 01:56 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good, kill the network. G4 sucks these days.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 05:42 AM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

G4 does suck these days, but the same can be said of most tv channels these days. This is probably why I started reading so much more than I use to. I'd estimate only a combined 2 hours of television is worth watching a day.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 07:20 AM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I always saw that too. Everything they said on X-Play has already been said a hundreds of time on the net. It's like a show made for people to sit there and nod in agreement or disagreement.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 07:26 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know its not an American show but should check out the Aussie Game show called 'Good Game', you can watch the episodes online for you oversea's people

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/goodgame/

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 09:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

X-play used to be a fun show to watch. It was after they changed their presentation to appear more professional that the show became stale and mundane. Before they changed their presentation the show used to have comedy skits, guests and obscure video game lists. They still have the occasional guest and there is still a list for cheap ass gamers but the show feels cold and stale these days. It might be because there are new writers but Morgan Webb and Adam sessler have no enthusiasm in their deliveries anymore. They have become outlets of cynicism and insults. Even Attack of the show feels different these days. Olivia Munn is the only reason i ever watch that show anymore.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 09:38 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Olivia Munn is the only reason i ever watch that show anymore.

QFT

I don't have a problem with X-Play. I still think it's a good show. They do have exclusive footage of games on there which is awesome.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:18 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
X-play used to be a fun show to watch. It was after they changed their presentation to appear more professional that the show became stale and mundane. Before they changed their presentation the show used to have comedy skits, guests and obscure video game lists. They still have the occasional guest and there is still a list for cheap ass gamers but the show feels cold and stale these days. It might be because there are new writers but Morgan Webb and Adam sessler have no enthusiasm in their deliveries anymore. They have become outlets of cynicism and insults. Even Attack of the show feels different these days. Olivia Munn is the only reason i ever watch that show anymore.

Completely agree, although Olivia Munn can't save aots in my eyes.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 11:44 PM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

G4 has sucked for at least the past 5-6 years. I don't know anyone who still watches it, to be honest.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 12:12 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Peach
G4 has sucked for at least the past 5-6 years. I don't know anyone who still watches it, to be honest.

I watch it. Every Monday through Friday watching X-Play.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 12:14 AM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

What's X-Play?

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 12:46 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote