KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gaming Talents.

What is your percentage in Gaming?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
100-90 5 71.43%
89-80 2 28.57%
79-70 0 0%
69 and under 0 0%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaming Talents.
Started by: KakashiKun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sketch_turner
"Well done Turner"!

Gaming Talents.

What is your strongest point in a video game, or what is a special talent that you have when it comes to a video game?
For me it's being able to learn the concept and of a game really fast, and if i play it for about a week, i'm used to it by then. Although reading the book first can sometimes confuse me. How bout you guys?

Sketch thanks Messahi for the sig.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 06:42 PM
sketch_turner is currently offline Click here to Send sketch_turner a Private Message Find more posts by sketch_turner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Wait - What?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 08:22 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Vegeta! What does the scanner say about my gaming level?!

It's... over 9000!!! *scanner crush!*

Really, are you serious? What does "percentage in gaming" even mean?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 08:23 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can score a double kill with the sniper rifle on Halo 3 and juggle two bowling pins while giving a blowjob all at the same time.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 08:23 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

This thread makes no sense.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 08:24 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

But it's awesome.

And I dunno, maybe I'm just a genius, but it's pretty obvious what he's asking, at least to me, the genius.

To answer the OP seriously, my strongest point when playing a game is that I have a very distinct map awareness at all times because I have an innate obsession with detail (in games). I play defensively by nature so while most clamor for kills in any type of slayer game, I tend t hang back and watch everyone else do whatever they do, before I do any fighting myself, and after doing that I notice things like a flicker of movement on the other side of the map, the different sounds guns make, the noises the characters make when they're walking, crouch walking, switching weapons, moving around on different textures of floor, etc. I notice when there is no sound at all, shadows or the lack there of, puddles of blood on the ground or corpses. I also notice patterns in people; what they're objective is in the match are (usually to get as many kills as possible), what weapons they prefer to use, the routes they take, wither they like to travel alone or with other team mates, etc.

This all makes it possible for me to judge what the other team is doing before it actually happens, which obviously is very useful.

The problem is that I have very slow reflexes when it comes to video games and I panic easily, and as a result I tend to be destroyed by someone even though I knew what they were going to do before they do it.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 08:33 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
But it's awesome.

And I dunno, maybe I'm just a genius, but it's pretty obvious what he's asking, at least to me, the genius.

To answer the OP seriously, my strongest point when playing a game is that I have a very distinct map awareness at all times because I have an innate obsession with detail (in games). I play defensively by nature so while most clamor for kills in any type of slayer game, I tend t hang back and watch everyone else do whatever they do, before I do any fighting myself, and after doing that I notice things like a flicker of movement on the other side of the map, the different sounds guns make, the noises the characters make when they're walking, crouch walking, switching weapons, moving around on different textures of floor, etc. I notice when there is no sound at all, shadows or the lack there of, puddles of blood on the ground or corpses. I also notice patterns in people; what they're objective is in the match are (usually to get as many kills as possible), what weapons they prefer to use, the routes they take, wither they like to travel alone or with other team mates, etc.

This all makes it possible for me to judge what the other team is doing before it actually happens, which obviously is very useful.

The problem is that I have very slow reflexes when it comes to video games and I panic easily, and as a result I tend to be destroyed by someone even though I knew what they were going to do before they do it.

WTF man?

I'm high and...wow.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 09:11 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Quincy
Wait - What?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 09:13 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sketch_turner
"Well done Turner"!

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
But it's awesome.

That's inhuman. Crazy.

Sketch thanks Messahi for the sig.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 10:52 PM
sketch_turner is currently offline Click here to Send sketch_turner a Private Message Find more posts by sketch_turner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The poll is what makes no sense.

I have solid reflexes and hand eye coordination, which is why I'm pretty good at PC shooters.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 11:42 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I play defensive in shooters like Blax. But usually it's because I suck. I haven't owned at a shooter since I got Goldeneye before anyone else in the neighborhood. 'twas a grand 2 months.

But he's right to an extent. Some people have different talents than others. My one friend horses me at FPS games, but I've beaten tough RPG bosses that he couldn't after only watching the game for a little while. That's only a small example, since we both play a variety of games, but it shows my point. Different skill sets.

Last edited by Digi on Feb 26th, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 11:53 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

you've been making some stupid ass threads, i vote ban.

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 11:57 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Im an offensive gamer. I usually run in and attack. 85% of the time I survive, 10% I die, and 5% I realize its futile so I fall back to save my own life. Im good with a Sniper Rifle in most games EXCEPT Left 4 Dead, why ppl grab that kind of a gun in a "RUN LIKE HELL" kind of game is beyond me. But I am a decent player. I was a Brigadier in Halo 3 before the patch where you had to rank up in each game, how ever my rank stil lsays Brigadier. Also, No you can not have my tag.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2009 12:12 AM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Peach
This thread makes no sense.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 27th, 2009 01:03 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why?

Three people have answered it correctly...

The only thing nonsensical is the poll. no expression

Old Post Feb 27th, 2009 01:05 AM
NemeBro

I am a very aggressive gamer in terms of shooting games. My basic strategy is to rush in with an assault weapon and load them full of bullets while zig-zagging to dodge theirs, and I fall back and take cover if necessary, and rush in when they have to reload. Sure, it's dangerous, but I win more times than not. Also, I have a good knowledge of the map as long as I have played it once, which I use for an advantage. Not to mention I can stick a fvcker on Halo with a Plasma Grenade on the other side of the map lol.

In fighting games, I focus on the mix-up game usually, like in DOA and Tekken my respective characters(Yoshimitsu and Ryu Hayabusa) are good for that. However in Soul Calibur I use an aggressive style of play with Nightmare.

But I'm mostly a solo gamer honestly.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2009 01:20 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by BackFire
The poll is what makes no sense.

I have solid reflexes and hand eye coordination, which is why I'm pretty good at PC shooters.
yep.. thread makes sense but poll is a bit.. unexplained..

anyways... mostly my reflexes are what I'm good at...and catching onto basics immediately

Originally posted by Mairuzu
you've been making some stupid ass threads, i vote ban.

I vote that your response is tacky and unnecessary

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 27th, 2009 02:19 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's from the OTF.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2009 02:22 AM
NemeBro

So's your mother.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2009 02:23 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Knock it off.

Anyway, I'm really not all that great at most games; I have poor reflexes and hand-eye coordination and don't pay attention to everything going on. I do have a ridiculous memory for stupid details, though. Which has been helpful on occasion.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 27th, 2009 02:32 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote