KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » A world with no rated M games

A world with no rated M games
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

A world with no rated M games

If the world ever destroyed all M rated videogames and your parents crushed the M rated games you now own, what would you do?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 09:04 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

My mom can't touch my games stick out tongue

I wouldn't be too bothered. Most of mine aren't M-rated.

Stupid, though. People need to stop making a big deal over games.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 09:29 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

M rated games are just a scapegoat for liberal Christian beaurocrats to b*tch and moan about.

Tipper Gore did the same thing with music by making the "parental Advisory: Explicit Lyrics" logo for metal and rap music. Guess what? Metal and rap music are still going strong, strong, strong.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 09:43 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

most of the fun in video games is being able to do things you cant IRL... like ripping someones he--... I mean.. like jumping from planet to planet collecting starbits! big grin

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 10:32 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Put a PG sticker over the M ratings?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 11:35 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I wouldn't be affected at all since none of my games are rated "M".

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 11:36 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can imagine lol....

But i tihnk the world would be more boring without some gore and bloodshed and as Satsujin said, doing kind and loving things you cannot do in your own life.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 11:50 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'd murder people and say that the now that violent games don't exist anymore I can't take out my aggression on fake pixels and so must take it out on real people.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 12:48 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I'd murder people and say that the now that violent games don't exist anymore I can't take out my aggression on fake pixels and so must take it out on real people.
Damn it you beat me to it!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 01:49 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by BackFire

Perfect. yes

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 03:30 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

BackFire's right, it would make the world a much worse place.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 07:34 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Agreed

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 08:26 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

No M-rated games? That means no DMC, no GoW, no RE, and no MGS.

.........Actually, for denying Metal Gear 4 alone, I'd go on a killing spree worthy of the Joker.

The entire Metal Gear Solid series is rated M. Let the bloodbath begin.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 04:23 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Joker? Pffft.

I would go on a killing spree worthy of the muthafvckin Anti-Monitor. no expression

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 05:36 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Impediment
M rated games are just a scapegoat for liberal Christian beaurocrats to b*tch and moan about.

Tipper Gore did the same thing with music by making the "parental Advisory: Explicit Lyrics" logo for metal and rap music. Guess what? Metal and rap music are still going strong, strong, strong.

Wouldn't it be conservative who ***** and moan about it and not liberal?

I have no problem with the ratings system at all. I do have a problem people blaming videogames for bad shit that happens in life.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 07:27 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I have a few M rated games; namely Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles. Most of my games are E and T so I wouldn't care.

Originally posted by Smasandian
Wouldn't it be conservative who ***** and moan about it and not liberal?

I have no problem with the ratings system at all. I do have a problem people blaming videogames for bad shit that happens in life.

Yeah it's not like it's the parent's job to monitor what they're kids are doing; no it's everyone else's job.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 04:04 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Joker? Pffft.

I would go on a killing spree worthy of the muthafvckin Anti-Monitor. no expression

Anti-monitor looks like a power rangers reject, joker>>>Anti-monitor

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 04:07 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by ESB -1138
I have a few M rated games; namely Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles. Most of my games are E and T so I wouldn't care.

Yeah it's not like it's the parent's job to monitor what they're kids are doing; no it's everyone else's job.

Yep, and that's why we have the ratings system to help parents with games.

The ratings system might be useless in 10-15 years when everybody who plays games now has kids.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 04:44 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The ratings system might be useless in 10-15 years when everybody who plays games now has kids.

I wouldn't think so. There'll still be people (who did not play games) with kids who DO want to play games. Gamers still don't make up a majority of people!

I like the ratings system; I dislike the people who don't listen when I explain to them what's in a game, buy it for their kid anyway, and then come back bitching that it was a horrible horrible game and the world is going to hell in a handbasket and why did I sell them that game?

Idiots.

(the best was some lady saying a Naruto PS2 game was too violent for her kid...who was about 15...)

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 04:47 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The problem is more along the fact that most people don't care...

My Mom, for example, took to Gamestop to buy Ninja Gaiden II a couple of months ago and when we got to the resgister the dude their was like "You know this game's rated M for mature due to intense violence, nudity, etc. right?" And she's (being a devout Chritstian and everything) just like "yeah whatever just rig it up I'm in a rush. " Even though we just went home after that.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 05:12 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote