A Halo RTS game is to be released for the Xbox 360 and the PC based on the Bungie's hit game series Halo: Combat Evolved...who didn't see this coming?
At first the thoughts of a Halo RTS game made it seem like Microsoft is trying to milk Halo for all its worth but than I say the trailer and it looks pretty good. I have to say it alone makes me want to get Halo Wars. No release date has been given as far as I know.
should be pretty cool though, i love RTS, should be nice playin with covenants and Chief, however its going to have a massively hard time to come near to the quality and sales of C&C 3 and Supreme commander, which are prob the big daddies of strategy gaming on their way
A CGI cinematic does not truly reflect how the game will truly look like. Look at World in Conflict. They released a hell of a kick ass CGI trailer but the actual game looked nothing like the initial declaration trailer they released. I belive that the same could be said about the C&C3 trailer.
Yes but the people making Halo Wars also made Ages of Empire. I'm pretty sure they can make it a great RTS game...that is unless they do a Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and just replace everything with Halo stuff.
The fact that its being made the AoE team is actually what concerns me a bit. They have had thier wonderful successes with Age of Empires II no doubt (which is my personal favourite), but when AoE III came out I was so horribly dissapointed. Hopefully they can pull off a large dose of innovation in this game as I see that as a vital saving grace for the team.
1. I'm a Halo fan. I'll get this in a heartbeat whether it sucks or not.
2. The CGI movie does not = the game, but it does set a nice mood--did anyone else drool when they saw the Elite? I mean I slay thousands upon thousands of Elites...diss them for their disadvantages in multiplayer...and yet I see them in the trailer and all of a sudden I wish I wasn't that poor UNSC marine.
3. Supposed 360 exclusive ya.
4. AOE team working on it is a plus, but does not equal success; however chances are good. Which leads us to the best thing...
5. Since it's another company handling the game that leaves Bungie to work on Halo 3 without worries. Yay.