KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » MadWorld

MadWorld
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

MadWorld

From the Wiki entry:

In MadWorld, Varrigan City has become a target for a group of terrorists known as "The Organizers". The Organizers have taken over the city and transformed it into the setting for a game show called Death Watch, where the city's citizens are being forced to fight for their lives against mysterious enemies, for a prize of 100 million dollars.

MadWorld has been the subject of controversy in the United Kingdom due to its violent subject matter. John Beyer, director of mediawatch-uk, has expressed his distaste over the game's content, stating his desire for it to not receive a rating from the BBFC, which would effectively ban it from being sold. He stated "We need to ensure that modern and civilized values take priority rather than killing and maiming people." European fans' response to the organization have been hostile, accusing mediawatch-uk of being "cowards" and "narrow-minded bigots.

Looks like the Wii finally has a game that I need to buy. It's been a while since I've actually bought one.

(I tried to look for an already existing thread, but didn't find one.)

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 10:40 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

"Mad World has been the subject of controversy in the United Kingdom due to its violent subject matter."

God doesn't England ever stop bitching about games, I mean seriously.

Anyway it's looking good a nice visual style, something different, I can see this doing well It would be nice to have a new good Wii AND Sega game for a change.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 10:42 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The style reminds me of Sin City.

I don't know if I'll play it, but it does look intriguing.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 12:05 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
"Mad World has been the subject of controversy in the United Kingdom due to its violent subject matter."

God doesn't England ever stop bitching about games, I mean seriously.

How strict is the UK with ratings? Video game and movie, both. I gather that it's rather harsh.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 12:49 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Impediment
How strict is the UK with ratings? Video game and movie, both. I gather that it's rather harsh.

It was much stricter in the 90's then what it is now, our rating system is the PEGI so our ratings go

U-universal
PG-Parental Guidance
12+-sutible for 12 years olds (+ means anyone under the age of 12 has to be accompanied by an adult.)
and finally our top rating is 18.

But anytime a game comes out now people in England feel the need to whine about it and try and get it banned; here games are always blamed for everything (well almost everything.)

I don't look my age myself so once I went to by a 15 rated game on my 15th Birthday and the guy woulden't serve me. (Fun times)

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 12:53 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
It was much stricter in the 90's then what it is now, our rating system is the PEGI so our ratings go

U-universal
PG-Parental Guidance
12+-sutible for 12 years olds (+ means anyone under the age of 12 has to be accompanied by an adult.)
and finally our top rating is 18.

But anytime a game comes out now people in England feel the need to whine about it and try and get it banned; here games are always blamed for everything (well almost everything.)

I don't look my age myself so once I went to by a 15 rated game on my 15th Birthday and the guy woulden't serve me. (Fun times)

Seriously. 15 to 16? WTF is the difference?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 12:55 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Seriously. 15 to 16? WTF is the difference?

you have to be one year older, stupid I know.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 12:57 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It's not fair that a game this awesome is a Wii exclusive. The company who made MadWorld said they only made it for the Wii because it doesn't have that many violent games. Who cares? 360 and PS3 is where all the gory games should be.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 01:37 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

But Wii is where all the stylish games should be, and this game is stylistically gory. 360 and PS3 are where all the vomited forth FPS belong.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 02:33 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
It's not fair that a game this awesome is a Wii exclusive. The company who made MadWorld said they only made it for the Wii because it doesn't have that many violent games. Who cares? 360 and PS3 is where all the gory games should be.

Most people are glad that an entertaining, intentionally ridiculous and self-aware game is coming to Wii.

What do you care? You won't be playing it.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 04:08 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Most people are glad that an entertaining, intentionally ridiculous and self-aware game is coming to Wii.

He just wants something to moan about thats all, as per usual.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 04:17 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

becuase it opens up more games like that for the wii

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 05:59 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I'm sorry, but what?

That was his complaint, that he will not be playing it.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 01:47 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

How Nintendo became a magnet for other game companies is beyond me.

Eneru is right, my complaint is that I won't be playing MadWorld. All that violence and entertainment and I can't play it. This ain't right.

Hopefully MadWorld will be like other games that were once exclusives but are now multiplatform.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 02:04 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

How Nintendo became a magnet for other game companies is beyond me.

Eneru is right, my complaint is that I won't be playing MadWorld. All that violence and entertainment and I can't play it. This ain't right.

Hopefully MadWorld will be like other games that were once exclusives but are now multiplatform.

It's pretty simple. Nintendo makes them money. Not exactly a difficult concept.

And considering the controls rather depend on the Wii's motion sensing, I don't see it being ported. It just wouldn't work on another system.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 02:52 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

i'm buying it. its been awhile since i bought a wii game

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 02:16 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's pretty simple. Nintendo makes them money. Not exactly a difficult concept.

I have to point out that this is kind of a poor argument to make. The Wii hasn't had any super major software sales aside from the one game that comes with it. Considering games like Halo 3 set world records and sold nearly 2.5 million copies in it 's first week then Nintendo's number 1 highest first week grossing game of all time, SUper Smash Brothers Brawl, which only made 1.4 million. And that was topped by Grand Theft Auto 4, and I believe Resident Evil 5 is making disgusting amounts of money as well.

So I mean, if you want to use the "money" argument, I think it would actually point to the Xbox and PS3 being the better choice, as their software sales are superior to the Wii's.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 03:21 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I'm sorry, but what?

That was his complaint, that he will not be playing it.

Yeah, though he also reacted the same way to Super Smash Bros. not being on the 360 or PS3...

Anyhow, I might this get this game. Maybe..
If I don't end up changing my mind about the Conduit and enjoy it, I'm probably bound to get MadWorld as well sometime.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 03:24 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: MadWorld

From the Wiki entry:

That has GOT to be John DiMaggio doing the voice there.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 03:31 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
That has GOT to be John DiMaggio doing the voice there.

Yes, Greg Proops and John DiMaggio provide the game's running commentary.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 04:50 AM