KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mortal Kombat 9

Mortal Kombat 9
Started by: Bro SMASH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (76): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bro SMASH

Mortal Kombat 9

Here's the official trailer for the next Mortal Kombat game:

Looks very cool. Can't wait to see more of it next week!

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Jun 10th, 2010 at 06:39 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 06:36 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

No MK vs DC II....No MK games for me.

blah!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 07:08 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Ah! Just wait for the next MK game. It's gonna happen eventually.

And who knows? There might be some DC cameos in this game.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 07:22 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Screw DC to hell and back. What does it have to do with MK anyway?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 07:24 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

At least they went back to the 2D style but will it be as good as MK3?

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 08:00 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Johnnnnnnny Caggeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 08:59 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Looks good. Glad they went back to their darker roots.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 09:00 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

lookin' good. reminds me umk3 a.k.a. the best mortal kombat game made.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 09:15 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quincy
Johnnnnnnny Caggeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And Onaga (at the beginning). Sweet.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North

Nah. MK Trilogy and MK2 top that.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 09:30 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
And Onaga (at the beginning). Sweet.

Nah. MK Trilogy and MK2 top that.

You mean the face at the beginning? Looks more like Shao Kahn putting his mask on.

~ Also, looks like we have 2 on 2 battles in this one.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 09:44 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Shao Khan don't have green skin above his eyes or glowy eyes quite like that. I guess I could be mistaken though.

And yay @ the 2 on 2 battles.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 10:01 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

They bring it back to the way it should be. Good.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 10:57 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by WickedDynamite
No MK vs DC II....No MK games for me.

blah!
Yeah, let bring back the blandest crossover, totally a good idea.

Lets bring back a game where everyone fought the same style.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 10:59 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Awesome.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 11:13 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Shao Khan don't have green skin above his eyes or glowy eyes quite like that. I guess I could be mistaken though.

And yay @ the 2 on 2 battles.

Onaga does not wear a mask with a skeletal nose, nor does he have red eyes; whereas Shao Kahn does.

Something tells me that we might not have fatalities in the 2 on 2 battles. Even if we did, it'd probably only be a viable option against the last fighter on the losing team. sad

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 12:02 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Game looks amazing so far.. I'm glad they finally figured out what we loved mortal kombat for

Originally posted by FistOfThe North

I did 'not' dig the dial-a-combo system.. "run" button was kinda interesting though

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 12:05 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

I wonder what's the story in this one?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 12:07 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Onaga does not wear a mask with a skeletal nose, nor does he have red eyes; whereas Shao Kahn does.

Something tells me that we might not have fatalities in the 2 on 2 battles. Even if we did, it'd probably only be a viable option against the last fighter on the losing team. sad

I guess I stand corrected then. Ah well. Onaga does wear a helmet similar looking to Khan's mask though. That's kinda what I thought it was at the beginning of the trailer at first until you pointed out the skeletal nose.

Yeah, that would most likely be the case.. It would be rather stupid if the last opponent on the losing team were to just stand aside as his partner's getting fatalitized, so you would only get to do it on the last guy, presumably.

Originally posted by Phanteros

Who knows? I'm just glad at the moment that this thread isn't getting the type of whining, bashing, or complaining that the MKvsDC thread did back in the day laughing out loud (granted, a good portion of it was justified).

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 01:38 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I thought the name of the new MK game would be MK Rebirth or was that really the name for another horrid videogame based movie?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 02:23 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

I guess I stand corrected then. Ah well. Onaga does wear a helmet similar looking to Khan's mask though. That's kinda what I thought it was at the beginning of the trailer at first until you pointed out the skeletal nose.

Yeah, that would most likely be the case.. It would be rather stupid if the last opponent on the losing team were to just stand aside as his partner's getting fatalitized, so you would only get to do it on the last guy, presumably.

Believe you me, I wish I were wrong, as I'd take Onaga over Shao Kahn any day. >__>
I mean, Shao Kahn is cool and all, but he's no Onaga as you know all too well.

Pretty much.

Liu Kang: Arrgh, Help me Lao, my patented legs are being torn from my body.
Kung Lao: Fixes his hat and sings Here I come to save the day...
Lao's advance is promptly halted by an invisible barrier.
Shang Tsung: n00b. Can't you see I'm fatalitizing your partner?

Granted, this isn't a funny bit, but that's the only way I see them explaining the possibility for fatalities on both fighters in a team.

~ 2 vs 2 would do wonders for online play.
I'm also hoping that weapons make a return.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I thought the name of the new MK game would be MK Rebirth or was that really the name for another horrid videogame based movie?

MK: Rebirth is the name of the short movie that was released a few days ago. At the very least, it was epic.

Originally posted by Phanteros

As long as it does not involve Shao Kahn attempting to take over Earth-Realm, and Liu Kang beating his ass back to Outworld, I'll be happy. I want Shao Kahn to beat that fool.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 03:36 AM