KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Condemned or FEAR

Which Game is Better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Condemned 3 75.00%
FEAR 1 25.00%
I don't know 0 0%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Condemned or FEAR
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Condemned or FEAR

(please log in to view the image)

Which of these games do you think is better?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 10:16 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

I've played both F.E.A.R's but only Condemned 2 and I found both fears to be scarier and funner to play

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 10:22 PM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I honestly think that Condemned is more scary. True FEAR will make you want to pause for a minute after you see Alma doing her creepy stuff but Condemned can make your heart stop. One time when I played Criminal Origins, I zoomed my camera up on this corpses face and before I took the picture, the head moved up, stared at me and grabbed me. I went "HOLY ****!!!" Eversince that happened, I tried carefully not to zoom too close on faces in the sequel.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 04:08 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've only played the first FEAR sooooo Condemned for me i like the stories with them and the character of Ethan Thomas how he has to deal with what he's learnt about the city really looks like.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 07:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I honestly think that Condemned is more scary. True FEAR will make you want to pause for a minute after you see Alma doing her creepy stuff but Condemned can make your heart stop. One time when I played Criminal Origins, I zoomed my camera up on this corpses face and before I took the picture, the head moved up, stared at me and grabbed me. I went "HOLY ****!!!" Eversince that happened, I tried carefully not to zoom too close on faces in the sequel.
Goddamn hated that part... mark of a good horror game that it can do that though.

I find Condemned and FEAR equally as scary, though, since both have their pretty scary parts, but both also have a large section in the middle without any real horror, just action.

Although, the abandoned house level in Condemned 1 is one of the scariest levels I've ever played in a game.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 08:08 AM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Condemned is scarier by far.

FEAR has better action.

Both are great, pretty hard to compare both because they are different games.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 06:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Smasandian
Condemned is scarier by far.

FEAR has better action.

Both are great, pretty hard to compare both because they are different games.

Well both games are in first person view, they have a lot of horror in them, they give a disturbing atmosphere, and the enemies look scary. I find them kinda similar.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 01:17 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I find the enemies in Condemned more scarier.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 08:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Well both games are in first person view, they have a lot of horror in them, they give a disturbing atmosphere, and the enemies look scary. I find them kinda similar.

One is meant to be an action John Woo style game.

The other one is meant to be a brawler.

There both first person shooters, but in my opinion, there hard to compare.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 02:20 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Condemned does have scary enemies. Those Blow Up Tommies gave me the creeps. I'm not exactly a fan on living dolls. But FEAR also has those enemies that want to make you swear when they pop out and spook you. God I hate those specimens.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2009 08:26 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I haven't played Condemned, but the problem with F.E.A.R. is that once you are approx. 1/2 way through the game you are able to anticipate everything, and thus nothing really scares you.

Old Post May 12th, 2009 03:20 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It is a problem, but the action is good enough to distract from the atmosphere.

Old Post May 12th, 2009 10:50 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Favourite levels for Condemned 2 so far are Black Lake Lodge and Junk Barge.

Old Post May 15th, 2009 06:03 AM