KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Most Unforgettable Game You've Ever Played

Most Unforgettable Game You've Ever Played
Started by: occultdestroyer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Most Unforgettable Game You've Ever Played

Mine would be the Chrono series:
Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross

The plot, the storyline, the gameplay, the character design, the background theme, the music...
It was perfection.

I've never been immersed in any other games ever since then.

Final Fantasy VI comes a close 2nd, but not as close as the Chrono series.

How about you guys?

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 06:05 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Doom, Classic Game.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 06:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

most people know my number 1 by now.

but modernwarfae is my second other maybe.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 06:53 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Bioshock

Final Fantasy VI

Chrono Trigger

Half Life

Half Life 2 Episode 2

Final Fantasy VII

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 06:54 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

HoMM3, Resident Evil 2, Silent Hill, Mortal Kombat.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 08:19 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hell Lancer
Restricted

Account Restricted

MGS3

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 10:02 AM
Hell Lancer is currently offline Click here to Send Hell Lancer a Private Message Find more posts by Hell Lancer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Toy Commander for Dreamcast (bad game, but i was young and would play it for like 10 hours straight with my friend)

Halo

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 10:53 AM
117 is currently offline Click here to Send 117 a Private Message Find more posts by 117 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Shenmue 1 & 2

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 11:17 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Half Life.

Got a new computer in my house, replacing a Tandy 1000 to Win 98. A couple of weeks later, my friend lent me his Half Life bootleg copy he bought in some Asian market in Toronto.

I heard about the game but nothing too much about it. I knew journalists were talking about it and saying it was amazing but that's about it. I had no expectations.

Anyways, installed the game on a Friday, started to play it and by Sunday night I was in the last level. Beccause of no expectations, I was totally thrown into that game. It was just amazing. A game has never hit me that hard after that.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 11:31 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

James Bond GoldenEye.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 11:54 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Personally for me it would be.

Mass effect
Grand Theft Auto 4
FINAL FANTASY X
FINAL FANTASY XII
FINAL FANTASY VII

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 03:44 PM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

The most recent would have to be Shadow of th Colossus.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jalek moye
Shenmue 1 & 2

Good man.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 05:51 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Omiverseria
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Tales of Phantasia

Final Fantasy VII

Xenogears

Golden Sun

Dragon Quest VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 09:42 PM
Mr Omiverseria is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Omiverseria a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Omiverseria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Deus Ex.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 09:52 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

Metal Gear Solid 4, never played a game with so much emotion so many unforgettable moments the microwave hall Solids and Liquids final fight the epilogue and Snakes journey as a whole.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 10:14 PM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I really have to put them in categories because the experiences are different and it becomes hard to pick just one.

For the Nes I'd have to say Mario was phenomenal. I was hooked on that game for too long a time.

Snes Street Fighter 2/Zelda AlttP : SF2 woke the competitive gamer in me, and A link to the past just dominated my life.

PSX: Final Fantasy 7 made me a hardcore gamer. I was all over this game when I was in high school. MGS was amazing as well because I had not experienced a cinematic game like that before. Not to mention Snake was and still is the baddest mofo ever.

N64: Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. Passed the transition to 3d with AAAs and set the bar for the rest.

To be honest the combination of FF7, MGS and OoT made me a VG maniac.

PS2: Final Fantasy X. Everything about this game screamed polish. Top Tier ending to boot.

Xbox: Halo. God damned Halo. 'nuff said.

360/PS3 era...MGS4 hands down. After so many years of experiencing phenomenal stories, gameplay, music, inmersion etc. you kind of get used to games being good, great and/or near epic. MGS4 took me by storm. I knew the game was going to rock, but not this much. Everything was just right.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 10:43 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Dead Space

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 10:49 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: There has yet to be an action/adventure game to surpass it.

Mass Effect: One of the best RPGs ever, down the the characters, the combat, the setting, and the plot is pretty good too.

Tales of the Abyss: The single greatest of the Tales series IMHO.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Favorite FF game ever, ironically, it was bought for me for Christmas by my mother on accident. Fortunate indeed.

Bioshock: Great FPS game, with an excellent plotline, and an immersive setting few can match.

Fallout 3: Immersion into the setting at its finest.

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly: It is hard to forget a piece of shit like this. Completely wrecked one of my favorite series.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 10:51 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

FFT is hands down my fav final as well.

FF7 and Zelda: AlttP were bought for me by accident as well. Gotta love those accidents and how the dice rolled....could have always ended up playing ShaqFu.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 10:59 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
FFT is hands down my fav final as well.

FF7 and Zelda: AlttP were bought for me by accident as well. Gotta love those accidents and how the dice rolled....could have always ended up playing ShaqFu.

I'll join the club then. One of my favourite video games of all time didn't stay on my HDD for more than 10 minutes the first time because I sucked at English back then, and it also was the first of its genre to me. I thought it was complete shit and uninstalled it. The story would have ended there if a friend of mine wouldn't have brought it to my place a few weeks later without even knowing that I have tried it out before and didn't like it. He taught me how to play it properly, and the rest is history.

You can't escape fate, I guess.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 11:07 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote