KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection

Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection
Started by: ShapedByWords

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection

After Tekken 5 hit arcades and PS2s and its hype died down a bit, many players speculated as to what Namco would do as a follow up. Would the company jump ahead to a PlayStation 3 game? Would it make a tag team version? Would it do to Tekken 5 what Sega AM did for Virtua Fighter 4 and release a major upgrade with a cool-sounding name at the end like "evolution?"
As it turns out, Namco seems to have taken that last path. Word has leaked out on the next installment of the franchise, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, thanks to a small advertisement in the latest Famitsu magazine that shows the words "Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection" plastered on the cover of the issue of Arcadia being released at the end of this month.

A free upgrade of the arcade Tekken 5 was recently released, dubbed "Tekken 5 version 5.1," which included a few cosmetic changes to the character life bars and character select screen, and some changes in character moves to improve game balance. For instance, Steve's infinite was removed, and a few other strong moves were toned down.

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection looks to include more than just a few changes like the ones above. There is a strong indication that not only will new items be added, but the stages will also be re-done. If the name hints at anything, it's very probable that there will be at least one new character in the game. (UPDATE: It now looks like there will be two new characters in the game.) Dark Resurrection? That certainly brings up images of Devil Kazuya or Ogre and True Ogre making a comeback. Be warned though -- other fans of the game are still waiting to see if the #1 underdog character in terms of popularity will make it back for this one: Kunimitsu.

Unlike Tekken 5.1, it does not seem this will be a free upgrade for owners of the existing coin-op machines. Word has it Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is slated for release at the end of the year in arcades across Japan, and if the past has been any indication, the U.S. coin-op release should happen around the same time. No console port has been announced.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 09:26 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

The New Characters

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 09:30 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Dragunov is described as a human weapon (let's hope he's not a Bryan clone) with origins tracing back to the frozen tundra. Lili is a rich girl from Monaco Park with a very unique fighting style.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 02:13 AM
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

errmmmmm wow this is great news dragunov scares me and lets hope we will see more new characters smile hers hoping for a console relase and maybe this could be the time for tekken to branch on the other consoles smile

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 06:25 PM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

You think he's scary? My friend (she's a girl) has had nightmares about this guy along with an army of Devil Jins. I hear there's a rumor Tekken with make an appearance on XBOX or 360.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 08:39 PM
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

thats great and devil jin army ahhh that scares me and SBW( shapedbywords are you a dude or dudett

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 09:47 PM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Dragunov looks interesting.. I'd like to play as him.. (as for the human weapon.. I'm thinking more a Jack type, than a bryan clone)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 10:30 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Dragunov looks interesting.. I'd like to play as him.. (as for the human weapon.. I'm thinking more a Jack type, than a bryan clone)

I was thinking more mystical or magical.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 10:40 PM
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

im think that he was desigend to win the warbut was cast aside due to funding so he lay in a coffin for years until one day he was awoken by something like hei and was tricked into fighting in the KOIF until after winning it he realises that he was tricked and then you must figt hei as a final final battle upon defeating him you go back to the coffing ir somthing along those lines (to much free time can anyone tell)

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 10:42 PM
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Either way I think the story overall is getting better.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 10:57 PM
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Dark Resurrection will feature twice as many stage than the original Tekken 5 release and a truck load more items for each character.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 11:03 PM
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

i loved the item thing one of the best things i have witnessed in a game but i never really bother with stages adn shaped by words are you male or female just wondering

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 11:07 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by ShapedByWords
I was thinking more mystical or magical.
I'm just assuming by his Military-esque wardrobe.. I just hope he's not a grapple character.. I dont really care for those too much

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 12:54 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I'm just assuming by his Military-esque wardrobe.. I just hope he's not a grapple character.. I dont really care for those too much

I dont like grapple characters much none either.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 01:19 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

That Dragunov character actually looks alot like Kazuya in the facial features...

I hope they bring back some characters like Devil Kaz and the Ogres. Kunnimitsu was alright. Maybe a Jun ressurection would be cool too

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 01:23 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

I dont think any of the people you mentioned will be returning at all. erm

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 01:57 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Yeah, I expected as much, alot of the characters I mentioned are dead.

However, Devil kazuya should be avalable, he still exists (Cites Kazuya's into in the PS2 T5 as proof)

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 02:29 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

In story mode hes devil kaz during the storyboards

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 02:48 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Exactly... he should be able to transform like Jin does...

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 03:17 AM
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

I think they are TRYING to stay away from duplicate/similar characters.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 09:34 PM