KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Galen Marek - Could he have rebuilt the Jedi Order along with Luke?

Galen Marek - Could he have rebuilt the Jedi Order along with Luke?
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Galen Marek - Could he have rebuilt the Jedi Order along with Luke?

Here's a question that I have been thinking for awhile, but couldn't phrase it properly. If Marek survived the Death Star and Kota became his formal Master, would he have been the one to rebuild the Jedi Order? It is safe to assume that each Master who survived knew the whereabouts of another Master so for arguments sake, would Kota have sent Marek to Yoda to complete his [Marek's] training? If Marek completed his training and crossed paths with Luke on after the Battle of Endor, would Marek and Luke have the abilty to rebuild the Order?

War Doctor

Old Post May 12th, 2009 07:22 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

How would Marek have rebuilt the Jedi Order? He knew absolutely nothing of the Jedi, and someone more powerful than him came about later. Maybe if he had some Jedi training.. I think that Yoda and Obi Wan were waiting for the Skywalker twins to reach their intended age so they can train them in the force. It's tough to tell though. Luke and Marek together would have really posed a problem for Palpatine.

Old Post May 12th, 2009 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ground

Wait you mean together? Well, Luke proved he can so I can assume that 2 of them could do the same thing.

Old Post May 12th, 2009 07:28 PM
Click here to Send The Ground a Private Message Find more posts by The Ground Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

How do you know that Kota knew that Yoda or Kenobi was alive? I very much doubt he did.

Old Post May 12th, 2009 08:08 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think anybody knew about Yoda and Obi Wan being alive.

Old Post May 12th, 2009 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Regardless many other Jedi survived the purge yet none of them helped Luke rebuild the order. I doubt Galen Marek would either. ANyways, what is the point of this thread? It seems useless.

Old Post May 12th, 2009 08:48 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

TFU makes it quite clear that General Kota was a contact of Bail Organa, likely part of a shadowy network of informants. Lest we forget, Organa was the one who rescued both Obi-Wan and Yoda from Order 66, facilitated their infilitration of the Jedi Temple, rescued Yoda again after his fight with Palpatine, and then gave them refuge to decide how best to handle Luke and Leia.

So while he probably didn't know, the possibility that he could have known is quite easily.

And I'm not sure. The combination of Galen and Luke together would be enough, certainly, in terms of power, but then they'd be elevated as threats in Palpatine's eyes; he'd burn the galaxy down to find and kill them.

Old Post May 12th, 2009 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

Assuming he could kill them.. well he could kill Luke no problem, but without the distraction of the stormtroopers, could Palpy have killed Galen? I kno in wookiepedia, it said Galen was no match for palps, but I had always felt that his Majin Vegeta death was really lame, although sad and cool at the same time.

Old Post May 14th, 2009 12:55 AM
Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ground

You answered your own question.

Old Post May 14th, 2009 02:59 AM
Click here to Send The Ground a Private Message Find more posts by The Ground Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Vegeta's death was cool. Marek's was noble, but visually unexciting.

Old Post May 14th, 2009 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Regardless many other Jedi survived the purge yet none of them helped Luke rebuild the order. I doubt Galen Marek would either.

That's because they were all in hiding. Their survival depended on staying off the radar and having little to no contact with the outside galaxy.

Had Galen survived and continued his training under Kota and/or Yoda, then he would not have hidden away. He most likely would have re-built the Jedi. At the very least he would have teamed up with Luke and been a powerful ally.

Old Post May 15th, 2009 10:09 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I could see him taking Luke in under his wing. And some sorta disagreement between Kota and Obi-Wan resulting in hilarity.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 04:41 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Or a strange sitcom.

The real question may be WOULD Galen rebuild the Order?

Old Post May 16th, 2009 06:32 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'm sure with some prodding by Kota and Organa he'd give it a go.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 07:29 AM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Along with Luke.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Just going by the game, I always thought Marek could have defeated the Emperor.

I mean he's pretty much been running a gauntlet killing many Jedi Masters and then finally trashed Vader.

We all know Palpatine is a chicken shit when it comes to lightsaber combat. I think if Galen whipped out his saber instead of trying to absorb the lightning, it would've been a different story (similar to Mace using his saber vs Yoda trying to absorb in ROTS).

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 07:17 AM
Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

considering sideous killed galen in that very game im not really sure why youd think that. and mace used vapaad something galen doesnt have the luxery of using.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 07:39 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by WO Polaski
considering sideous killed galen in that very game im not really sure why youd think that. and mace used vapaad something galen doesnt have the luxery of using.

Maybe you should read that last paragraph, it would help tremendously. You also don't need to know vapaad to block lightning with your lightsaber.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 07:57 AM
Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

you need to know vapaad if youre dealing with the strongest user of lightning in the entire mythos. how do you think lightning is absorbed into the lightsaber? like its a lightning rod? lol dont be such an idiot. you use the force to draw the lightning to the lightsaber. so if the lightning is strong enough to overwhelm you when you try to absorb it with just the force itll overwhelm you just as easily if you try to use a lightsaber.

and your last paragraph proves my point.

quote:
similar to Mace using his saber vs Yoda trying to absorb in ROTS

mace was using vapaad in that instance when he used his lightsaber. roll eyes (sarcastic) if he hadnt he would have been overwhelmed and even with vapaad and the superconducting loop it creates he was barely able to contain sideous lightning.

so no it wouldnt have been that easy. obviously, you dont really know what youre talking about so i wont press the matter.

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Jun 9th, 2009 at 08:11 AM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 08:09 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

you need to know vapaad if youre dealing with the strongest user of lightning in the entire mythos

Thats a nice opinion. Where do you get this from?

mace was using vapaad in that instance when he used his lightsaber. roll eyes (sarcastic) if he hadnt he would have been overwhelmed and even with vapaad and the superconducting loop it creates he was barely able to contain sideous lightning.

so no it wouldnt have been that easy. obviously, you dont really know what youre talking about so i wont press the matter.

Yea Mace was using vapaad, everyone knows that. Again, where do you get this information that vapaad must be used to counter "strongest user of lightning in the entire mythos"?

Also, no need to be a complete dickhead about it.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 08:34 AM