KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Official E3 2009.......huh?!...for the People?!

Should E3 2009 be open to the public?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes! it belongs to the industry and cannot keep the gamers out. 9 69.23%
No! It becomes a circus and is use and abuse for celebs and attention seekers! 0 0%
Undecided....I remain neutral on this subject. 1 7.69%
Doesn't really interest me. I care only about the announcements. 3 23.08%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Official E3 2009.......huh?!...for the People?!
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Shocked The Official E3 2009.......huh?!...for the People?!

E3 wants to be love and popular once again.

http://www.endsights.com/?p=353

So what do you think? Should E3 be open to the public and let the circus and crowd in?

Or let it remain close and be open for important/exclusive video game industry members?

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Sep 3rd, 2008 at 08:18 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 08:14 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I would like it to be open again, it just had a great charm to it.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 08:17 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

So what do you think? Should E3 be open to the public and let the circus and crowd in?

Or let it remain close and be open for important/exclusive video game industry members?

I dont care about the public, but they should get rid of that ban on Nintendo. yes

...wait, they werent banned?

...they really dont have any games?

...****. sad

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 08:22 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

It really becomes politics here....

I think E3 feels like competing with Comic Con. Attendences are massive for the SDCC each year. The E3 people would love to have that level of popularity...but then they might afraid it becomes more than just a video game expo.

I would love to attend since it is in my backyard.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 08:22 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Morridini
I would like it to be open again, it just had a great charm to it.

It was never open to the public. People just snuck in alot.

E3, before the downgrade was one of the biggest, if not the biggest video game convention out there. It was massive. Im under the impression that it was much bigger than Comic Con.

Opening to the public will bring it back up to what it was, but also make the journalists jobs harder.

Its funny considering people complained about the huge cost of boots on the developers side, and journalists hated the amount of work they had to do.

Now they complain that its too small......

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 08:29 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Smasandian
It was never open to the public. People just snuck in alot.

E3, before the downgrade was one of the biggest, if not the biggest video game convention out there. It was massive. Im under the impression that it was much bigger than Comic Con.

Opening to the public will bring it back up to what it was, but also make the journalists jobs harder.

Its funny considering people complained about the huge cost of boots on the developers side, and journalists hated the amount of work they had to do.

Now they complain that its too small......

It's funny, with the complaints about cost. Opening it to the public would offset the costs by a lot. Something like E3, open to the public, could probably easily attract 20,000-30,000 attendees. Charge $60-75 for admission (really not a huge amount) and, well. That's a decent chunk of change. And that's just from admission alone, and doesn't count all the money that could be made from merchandise, extra fees for other events, etc...

Can anyone tell that I work at conventions? stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 08:41 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

just a little bit stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 09:00 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by @stroFan
I dont care about the public, but they should get rid of that ban on Nintendo. yes

...wait, they werent banned?

...they really dont have any games?

...****. sad

They have games; just none that Miyamoto thinks are good enough to show. Unlike Sony with KillZone 2 they don't announce a game and then years upon years later tell you it's almost done.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 12:48 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

That, and most of their new games suck.

I was reading a game Informer magazine and they were discussing what the three companies were showing off, and Microsoft had gears of War 2, fable 2, Final fantasy whatever, and avatars as the big attractions. Sony had Resistance 2, Resistance for the PSP, God of War 3. And then Nitnendo came on with...with... WII CLASSIC MUUUUUUSIICCC!!!

no expression

It's okay though. I still have faith in Nintendo. They'll come out on top with their Mario Party 27, Mario Kart Wii 2.0, Mario Tennis 23, Mario Baseball 3, Mario Golf 4, Mario Basketball, Mario Kart Soccer 7, and, most importantly, TFU without the physics engine and graphics.

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Sep 4th, 2008 at 02:34 AM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 02:29 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, the E3 showing for Nintendo was awful. Wii Music looks like shit and Wii Sports Resort is hardly interesting.

I would love to see a more involved Wii Sports with leagues, a ton more golf courses, some more in depth tennis, and a completely reworked baseball.

I like Nintendo games, always have. But what new stuff will they show? Another Prime game? Another Zelda game? Another Mario game?

All that stuff will be hardly surprising. Hopefully they have something different and cool to show off.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 02:36 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I really don't care, all I care are the announcements, but, dear god!, E3 it's just a shadow of its former self.
This year was terrible and, quite frankly, uneventful.

there ware more things back when it was a big convention, maybe going back to big booths and booth babes will improve its situation.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 05:57 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, the E3 showing for Nintendo was awful. Wii Music looks like shit and Wii Sports Resort is hardly interesting.

I would love to see a more involved Wii Sports with leagues, a ton more golf courses, some more in depth tennis, and a completely reworked baseball.

I like Nintendo games, always have. But what new stuff will they show? Another Prime game? Another Zelda game? Another Mario game?

All that stuff will be hardly surprising. Hopefully they have something different and cool to show off.

Nintendo seems more interested in milking more money through peripheral sales. Two of their three games from E3 have peripherals alongside them. WiiSports has the motion plus, and Animal Crossing has the WiiTalk or whatever.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 07:31 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I guess. It seems that all console's have some sort of peripherals.

Wii Motion Plus is annoying considering the Wii Remote should be able to operate like that in the first place, and now we have to buy another accessory to make some games work.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 08:34 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

It looks like is going to happen after all....

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/921/921910p1.html

Gotta be there.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 05:33 AM
Peach
mordrem

It really becomes politics here....

I think E3 feels like competing with Comic Con. Attendences are massive for the SDCC each year. The E3 people would love to have that level of popularity...but then they might afraid it becomes more than just a video game expo.

I would love to attend since it is in my backyard.

Somehow I missed this post before...

But E3 and SDCC are two completely different kettle of fish. E3 is an industry convention revolving around one specific thing. SDCC is an open-to-the-public convention that encompasses many different things - comics, games, anime, sci-fi, fantasy, etc.

There's absolutely no comparison between the two.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 05:51 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Love for them to open to the public.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 06:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Peach

But E3 and SDCC are two completely different kettle of fish. E3 is an industry convention revolving around one specific thing. SDCC is an open-to-the-public convention that encompasses many different things - comics, games, anime, sci-fi, fantasy, etc.

There's absolutely no comparison between the two.

In the early days of SDCC it was similar to the current E3. Restricted to comic books. As it evolved throught the years it became more open to other forms of pop culture. Not really going to predict the future...but there is a posibility that if E3 remains open to the public it will eventually evolve in a similar fashion to SDCC.

I think G4 had something to do with pushing E3 to be open to the public. And for that I'm very glad is going to happen.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 10:16 PM
Morridini
Morridini

So this years E3 came out of nowhere, it is next week already for some weird reason.

GTTV has some pre-E3 show this thursday; http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/gttv-pre-e3/

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 27th, 2009 04:40 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

wasn't it always in June ?

anyways: MGS5, another HALO, and more shovelware for Wii next week

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post May 27th, 2009 05:23 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, late May, early June is usually when it comes around.

Reading a few sites, and they've been talking E3 for weeks.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 05:27 PM