KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Meat Boy

Super Meat Boy
Started by: Smasandian

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Super Meat Boy

If you like/love platformers, gotta check out Super Meat Boy on the 360 XBLA (and WiiWare+PC in Nov).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLXvQu-BaGo

Played the first world. It's hard but each level is very short, respawn times are almost null and the controls are spot on exactly.

Tons of fun and totally retro. Over 300 levels which include 5-6 worlds and each world has a dark world, that's uber tough. Multiple characters to choose from and only 800 MS points.

If you love tough games, you'll love this. If you don't, you still love it because each mistake is made by you and when you get past a level, you can literally go through it again super quick because you already know how to beat it. So basically, it's not cheap. Great game.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 05:49 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Damn, might have to call my connect and check this out. I love retro...good retro.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 08:55 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Hmmm SMB... Now where have I seen that before?

Last edited by ares834 on Oct 20th, 2010 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 09:09 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Huh?

Oh, you mean Super Mario Bros.

The game clearly takes homage to the Mario 2D series but it doesn't play like it at all.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 10:01 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

This is definitely a cool little game but after N+ my nerves are still unwinding lol. I'm glad to see this get a console port though.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 11:39 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I was watching a video on this game over at Giant Bomb they got to one of the levels and some weird shit happen and it looked like someone hacked the game.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2010 12:29 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
This is definitely a cool little game but after N+ my nerves are still unwinding lol. I'm glad to see this get a console port though.

I never played that game so I don't really know.

The game is hard but with the really small levels and instant respawn, it rarely gets annoying.

Also, its the type of game where if you figure out a little section in a level, your almost guarantee to rarely kill yourself at that spot again.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2010 02:12 PM
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I never played that game so I don't really know.

The game is hard but with the really small levels and instant respawn, it rarely gets annoying.

Also, its the type of game where if you figure out a little section in a level, your almost guarantee to rarely kill yourself at that spot again.

I broke down and bought it. I just unlocked Jill and the game has definitely gotten nutty hard.

If you like the type of platforming in Meatboy you'll love N+ and it's also four player co-op. I'd give N+ the edge over Meatboy but i'm really digging that little meatball, even if it does make me want to put my head through a wal at time.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Oct 24th, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2010 10:12 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't get that frustrated cause I know I ****ed up and its not the game.

And it's not a big level.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2010 02:11 AM