KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros Melee's Greatest Fighter

Best Super Smash Bros Melee Fighter
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Marth 8 14.81%
Link 12 22.22%
Captain Falcon 4 7.41%
Samus 5 9.26%
Mario 2 3.70%
Star Fox 6 11.11%
Mewtwo 1 1.85%
Ganondorf 2 3.70%
Mr. Game & Watch 0 0%
Other, tell who 14 25.93%
Total: 54 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Super Smash Bros Melee's Greatest Fighter
Started by: Shadow x 20

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Super Smash Bros Melee's Greatest Fighter

Mario
Doctor Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Link
Young Like
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Marth
Roy
Samus
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Ness
Kirby
Jigglypuff
Pickachu
Pichu
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Star Fox
Falco
Donkey Kong

Out of these 25 Super Smash Bros Melee fighters who do you believe to be the best fighter?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 10:51 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

mostly in tournaments it was jiggly puff and Roy.. jiggly for that 1-hit KO, and roy for guarding the edge of the ring for drifters

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 11:35 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Link was my favorite!

Made by DW

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 03:28 AM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I like Marth the best. Swift and elegant. That's what I like in a fighter.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 03:29 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dark99
The End

I'd have to say that the best is zelda/sheik because sheik is the cheapest character and my friend can beat me alot with her. I personally like Marth the best because I am really good with him, except against sheik.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 04:02 AM
dark99 is currently offline Click here to Send dark99 a Private Message Find more posts by dark99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Yeah, I'm best with Marth. But how do you do a one hit KO with Jiggly?

Last edited by NK-Syndrome on Dec 24th, 2005 at 05:27 AM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 05:22 AM
NK-Syndrome is currently offline Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

that move where he flashes and falls asleep.. I dont know the exact workings of it.. but if you manage to jump at someone and do it, you hear the baseball bat sound and they go clear out of the ring.

and yeah sheik is good at air combat.. I dont find her too threatening on the ground though... Samus is my personal favorite

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 06:32 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

You have to get in the character's center area with Jigglypuff. That's why he/she is so good against Giga-Bowser in event 51.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 05:25 PM
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

Fox, Roy and samus is the best!

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 03:35 PM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drunk_of_Fury
Mangekyou Sharingan

Falco,Fox and Dr.Mario are the 3 best characters Falco is good in Air Fox on Ground AND Dr.Mario on Both Grabs too

Youth,Power,Explode!!!

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 03:36 PM
Drunk_of_Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Drunk_of_Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Drunk_of_Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

I'm OK with Falco + Fox, but I suck with all the Mario characters. I'm awesome with Fire Emblem though.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 06:42 PM
NK-Syndrome is currently offline Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Ganondorf has raw power, I've learned how to avoid speed dissabilities.
Then there's Sheik who's got many good fast attacks and has the ability to change into two different characters.
And last but not least, Fox MacCloud who's the best all round character ever made, if you ask me.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 10:23 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
choosewisely
wise choosely

i still own with yoshi embarrasment
no really....hes better than you think...
use his special and you've got time to hit him with his power slam

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 11:05 AM
choosewisely is currently offline Click here to Send choosewisely a Private Message Find more posts by choosewisely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Fox is fast but too light in weight. Ganondorf's attacks are too slow for my taste and Captain Falcon has his specials but are a lot faster. Shiek really has no good KO specials so you would have to use Zelda for those types of attacks. Samus isn't too fast and her attacks ain't so great unless you can fully power up her beam cannon but Mewtwo's is just as good with his shadow ball. Falco is like Fox but slower, able to jump higher, and is a bit heavier. Roy to get the best out of his attacks you need to move close to your opponent(s) which sometimes isn't a good thing and his basic attack is slow compared to Marth for it leaves Roy open for a counter attack by a much more faster characet like Fox or Falcon. Jigglypuff is way too light, no real good attacks, and her rest leaves her open for an attack if you miss. Marth is the second fastest character in the game (second only to Fox) and is best used in a distance but yet his attacks are much weaker then Roy's but he makes up for it in speed not to mention if you try to grab Marth chances are even if he is attacking you will grab and hold Marth. Link I'd say is too slow and most of his specials and hook shot are useless for you can get much better items then his bomb, his arrow takes to long to get the best effect out of it for most of us just run into battle and his hook shot takes to long to bring back in leaving Link open for an attack. Captain Falcon is fast, powerful, and a bit heavy and so over all I say that Captain Falcon is the best fighter in Melee but not my fav. who is Marth.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 08:21 PM
phase

I don't find jigglypuff to be too light. Simply take to the air and use his Wall of Pain moves, then do a bit of juggling, then some merry-go-round-pound, then lunge kick them off and charge up rollout and they up +B back on stage release rollout and there's nothing they can do!

Or just use the platform trick!

They say jigglypuff's the easiest character to be gd with. I find that!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 08:23 PM
phase is currently offline Click here to Send phase a Private Message Find more posts by phase Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaithen

Emmm hello i like marth and roy but Link is still da best. His normal attacks are awesome, i mean he can do that super thing two time in a row. He got bomerang, bow and bombs. His spin attack is pretty good. if he just stands and the other player uses ranged attack, link doesn´t take any damage.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2006 07:12 PM
Kaithen is currently offline Click here to Send Kaithen a Private Message Find more posts by Kaithen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Link and Fox pwns the rest.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Feb 19th, 2006 07:20 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Gotta go with Link. I can easily take out 3 level nine characters without losing any lives, while using him. Link ownz fox any day of the week. wink

Old Post Feb 19th, 2006 11:13 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

hmm i reckon link and fox are even.....i'll go withkirby..did cruel melee with him for a good 1 & a half-2 hours. go kirby! marth too. he rocked that big blue level.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 05:48 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atom_the_hedgeh
The 7 swords will rule!!!

I like falco because he's well rounded. he can attack from air, land, he can reflect, attack from up close(physical) and shoot from afar!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 11:35 PM
Atom_the_hedgeh is currently offline Click here to Send Atom_the_hedgeh a Private Message Find more posts by Atom_the_hedgeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote