KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Is this for real?

Is this for real?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Is this for real?

I recently found this out about IG-88A:

quote:
IG-88A transfers its program into the second Death Star's computer and intends to take control of the space station to use it as the driving force of the Droid Revolution. When the superlaser is fired in Return of the Jedi, it is actually the droid in control

confused

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 30th, 2009 01:03 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

isn't that EU? isn't EU not real? confused

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 30th, 2009 02:44 PM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Well I'm not sure....it might be but this is also ROTJ since the second death star was in ROTJ so I dunno if this is real or just a lie

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 30th, 2009 04:08 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

even for EU that's a lot of crap

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post May 30th, 2009 09:06 PM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I didn't know if it was EU or OT...seemed OT since it was an ROTJ fact or whatever

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 30th, 2009 09:59 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

where did you find it? it seems totally EU to me...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 02:04 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Wikipedia laughing out loud

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 31st, 2009 08:26 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

frackin' EU it is, then stick out tongue so it doesn't count, "real"or not *smug*

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 09:29 AM
steverules_2

I would think it would be ROTJ since it happened in ROTJ but we just didn't know it (this is considering that the information isn't false) EU is something that would happen after ROTJ right? So therefore although this information came later on, it would still be considered OT since it happened in ROTJ...least i woulda thought it would

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 31st, 2009 10:29 AM
queeq
Chaos

NO EU! Moving

Old Post May 31st, 2009 12:31 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
I would think it would be ROTJ since it happened in ROTJ but we just didn't know it (this is considering that the information isn't false) EU is something that would happen after ROTJ right? So therefore although this information came later on, it would still be considered OT since it happened in ROTJ...least i woulda thought it would

I think EU is anything outside what is in the movies. wink

and I thought that its established the the Empire was just "pretending" that the system isn't operational, but it really is, so.. well... they attack. *shrug*

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 01:26 PM
steverules_2

I dunno....I mean he may have know IG-88A was in the system so he got him to fire, without IG-88 it may not have been able to operate...but thats just a guess

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 31st, 2009 02:55 PM
xxxpoppunker182

It's EU but it's canon as well. I think In one of the books that talks about palp's death it says he noticed ( while he was falling) the death star acting weird like doors opening and closing and wierd stuff like that but I'm not positive if that is true I got that from Wookieepedia.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 03:27 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I dunno....I mean he may have know IG-88A was in the system so he got him to fire, without IG-88 it may not have been able to operate...but thats just a guess

nice deduction.

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
It's EU but it's canon as well. I think In one of the books that talks about palp's death it says he noticed ( while he was falling) the death star acting weird like doors opening and closing and wierd stuff like that but I'm not positive if that is true I got that from Wookieepedia.

has it been GL confirmed? if not, it's prolly totally EU.

hm. wookieepedes is mostly reliable, right?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 03:33 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's in one of the Tales books and is written by Kevin J. Anderson. He takes over the Death Star and allows the Imperials to make use of its primary functions, but takes the time to harass Palpatine in his throne room -- shutting the doors every time Palpatine tries to walk through them -- until IG-88 notices that the Emperor was using "some intangible force" to wrench the doors open.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 03:49 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Interesting...I'm not surprised that he was able to get into the system, I mean they woulda had all kinda firewalls and what not but IG-88 could just hack past them

Probably the main reason the rebels didn't know that the Death Star was operational could have been the fact that they had no way of knowing that IG-88 had control over the death star, more so than the emperor perhaps

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 31st, 2009 03:57 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Interesting...I'm not surprised that he was able to get into the system, I mean they woulda had all kinda firewalls and what not but IG-88 could just hack past them

Probably the main reason the rebels didn't know that the Death Star was operational could have been the fact that they had no way of knowing that IG-88 had control over the death star, more so than the emperor perhaps

possibly. but I can't rule out if its canon or not... xD

but as they said, its in a book, so it is "real" as far as EU is concerned...

and yep, interesting. I wonder how he snuck in the DS2, though.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:11 AM
steverules_2

Bounty hunters maybe 'scum' but they can be pretty clever

It's interesting to know that the death wasn't operational...well fully operational until IG-88 went into the system. I'm gonna take a guess and say that the shield would require less power than the main firing laser of the death star so why did they need endore for a power station for the shield? Couldn't IG-88 give them one of them as well? I dunno I could be wrong but it's worth asking and questioning

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 07:00 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Bounty hunters maybe 'scum' but they can be pretty clever

It's interesting to know that the death wasn't operational...well fully operational until IG-88 went into the system. I'm gonna take a guess and say that the shield would require less power than the main firing laser of the death star so why did they need endore for a power station for the shield? Couldn't IG-88 give them one of them as well? I dunno I could be wrong but it's worth asking and questioning

movie-wise, I believe Lucas never really thought of it that way. xD

universe-wise, maybe the endor shield generator was a part of the unfinished stuff on the DS - maybe they haven't been able to put in a generator yet so they put one up on planet-side. or something...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 01:08 PM
steverules_2

But they probably hadn't finished doing the laser or parts of the laser yet that still managed to fire thanks to IG-88 so I woulda thought he could shield the DS quite easily but then I guess the laser may have been the main priority and so therefore although not complete could still be fired. They shoulda just made a shield for the death star straight away rather than use endor and build the laser first. I guess IG-88 decided he'd fire when ready

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:32 PM