KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best TV's to play video games on

Best TV's to play video games on
Started by: shin_gear

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Worried Best TV's to play video games on

What is the best type of tv set to play video games on?

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 04:04 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

There is no one answer. Be more specific.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 05:23 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I meant what are the best tv sets..my mistake.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 05:51 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Big, high def ones?

Seems like a silly question.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 06:02 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I heard DLP's are not a good choice at all, and heard plasma sets aren't for them from some and heard otherwise from several other people. Some HD displays are not meant for video games which is why I'm curious to know which set/sets are the best.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 06:04 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

The differences between brands are generally minimal. If you have a 360 you want a TV that will display at least 720p (and use Progressive Scan don't use 1080i, 720p looks better then 1080i) if you have a PS3 the best you want is a TV that supports 1080p, at the least you want a TV that supports HDMI. That said its not worth the price to get a 1080p HDTV unless its over 40 inches since the differences between 1080p and 720p wont be noticeable. If you own a Wii then you want a HDTV that is NOT over 32 inches, 26 inches is best for the Wii in my experience, I own a 26 inch HDTV that's in my bedroom and a 52 inch in my living room, my friend owns a 32 inch screen and I've tried it on all of them and 26 inch is the best size for the Wii. Basically it really depends on what system your using and what size of room you intend to put it in, other then that just get a well known brand name HDTV and you'll be fine.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 06:21 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I have a 52" LCD Projection TV by Panasonic, and I havent been able to go back to regular tv since XD

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 03:57 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I have an 46" DLP Projection and I also havnt been able to go back.

Some DLP TV's have a slight delay between button presses and action on the screen but I havnt really noticed it when I play now.

My TV had it but I changed to first component with really good cables and it fixed it.

But some DLP dont have that problem. Just got to research. I love my TV, its perfect for TV, movies and its good for gaming. Best picture quality out of all of the other HDTV's in my opinion.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 05:10 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Ive always heard that Plasma screens have burn in problems, which would be terrible for games.

I have Sharp Aquos LCD, I absolutely love it. The Wii can be very jaggy, but thats more the Wii's fault then the tv.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 06:09 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Whatever you want to play on

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 06:10 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AstroFan
Ive always heard that Plasma screens have burn in problems, which would be terrible for games.

I have Sharp Aquos LCD, I absolutely love it. The Wii can be very jaggy, but thats more the Wii's fault then the tv.

I original got an Plasma and I hated it. Horrible TV.

There was burn in and your right, not very good for games.

Overall, LCD would problaby be the best bet, but do research and not listen to us because all TV's are different.

We can say get an LCD, and then next thing you know, the LCD you get could have an delay and be an horrible picture.

I love my DLP and my next TV, specifically for gaming will be an LCD.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 06:34 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Sets with low m/s response.. good picture (i.e. probably best to see it in action for yourself before buying) and good price are things to look out for..

I've also heard plasma is a no-no..

what's DLP btw?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 07:49 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I love my 32" HD LCD.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 08:19 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

LCDs are much better for gaming..though it depends on your gaming system. The Anomaly explain it the best way possible

Specific brand: I would say VIZIO (thanks to Backfire and InnerRise for that) its a good brand, so far. And its pretty cheap smile

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 09:44 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Sets with low m/s response.. good picture (i.e. probably best to see it in action for yourself before buying) and good price are things to look out for..

I've also heard plasma is a no-no..

what's DLP btw?

It's called Digital Light Processing.

Basically, there microscopic mirrors that rotate according to whats on screen.

Overall, the picture quality for DLP's are better than any other TV on the market because they can do the best colour and black levels.

They're great for home theatre systems and with newer consoles, they're response time is good.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 10:39 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

My Sony 1080p 50" SXRD has never steered me wrong for TV, movies, or gaming. I, too, cannot go back to SD.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 01:38 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Best TV's to play video games on

Originally posted by shin_gear
What is the best type of tv set to play video games on?

A color TV larger than sixteen inches

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 02:13 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I want an HD TV.................sad

I'll get one soon.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 02:37 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by BackFire
I love my 32" HD LCD.

show off mad

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 04:01 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NASA
Restricted

Account Restricted

get a HD projector from Toshiba like ive got and trust you will love it, you can make the picture up 100 inches and its in full 1020i HD

All yours for £1000

Last night, me & my son Shane proved that who ever it was that said you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time - WAS A DAMN FOOL! - Vinnie Mac

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 02:41 PM
NASA is currently offline Click here to Send NASA a Private Message Find more posts by NASA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote