KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » smallville used t3's judgement day's scenes

smallville used t3's judgement day's scenes
Started by: alic88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
alic88
Barzakh

smallville used t3's judgement day's scenes

okay i am not a fan of smallville but this is completely ridiculous. my sister watches it all the time, so i was watching an episode with her yesterday, and there was this storyline that there is this gas exposed which i donno gets you hallucinated, and you have dreams when exposed to it. so they show lex luther's dream, i think he dreams that he is president, but then all of a sudden, we see t3's judgment day scene, the one where we see from the farm in the end, when rockets are being launched, and we get to see them from a plain field, and if that is not it, they also show the scene in which the rockets are being launched and we get a view from space, of what the rockets are causing destruction on earth,

i think this is pretty cheap to say the least, and i am 100% sure that those are scenes from t3, infact i know its true. why the hell would they do that? but i guess its a WB show, its cheap anyway they cant afford to make their own effects. even my 29 year old brother was like, OH YA U R RIGHT THOSE ARE SCENES FROM T3

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 12:25 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

The exact same scenes !!??

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 01:36 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

ya i said tthey used the scenes of t3, 100 percent sure

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 02:50 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

I'm not sure, I haven't seen that episode yet.

Now that you mention it though, have you guys ever seen the episode of Smallville where they tried to produce a generic version of T2? They had a man who could produce stabbing weapons from his arms, was destroyed the same way the T-1000 was, and the T2 theme music was used as well. I believe it was episode 2 or 3 of Smallville season 4.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 03:28 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I've stopped watching it, Smallville really lost the plot and now they just let the show drag and not go anywhere at all.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 05:08 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

see, theres my point like TFP said, i guess its common for them to do that now. thats so stupid dont you think?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 06:44 AM
Praylu

Yes, it is rather ridiculous at times.

It is one of two things, in my opinion.

(A) Its all meant as tribute to the Terminator franchise because a person(s) think very highly of the films and decided they wanted to display his/her/their love for it.

(B) They are running out of ideas and decided they would just run back to some of the best Science Fiction films for inspiration or to honestly just copy what they had all previously done in their films.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 07:29 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I'd vouch for the latter.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 08:42 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

As would I stick out tongue . I watched that episode of Smallville with the T-1000 esqe freak of the weak and thought "you lazy, lazy writers!"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by alic88
Okay I am not a fan of Smallville but this is completely ridiculous. My sister watches it all the time, so I was watching an episode with her yesterday, and there was this storyline about this gas which, I dunno, gets you hallucinated, and you have dreams when exposed to it. So they show Lex Luthor's dream - I think he dreams that he is president - but then all of a sudden, we see t3's judgment day scene, the one we see from the farm in the end, when rockets are being launched, and we get to see them from a plain field. They also show the scene in which the rockets are being launched and we get a view from space of the destruction the rockets are causing on earth.

I think this is pretty cheap to say the least, and I am 100% sure that those are scenes from t3, infact I know its true. Why the hell would they do that? But I guess its a WB show, its cheap anyway; they can't afford to make their own effects. Even my 29 year old brother was like, OH YA U R RIGHT THOSE ARE SCENES FROM T3

Oh my God, this is so freaky! I was watching that very episode yesterday for the first time, and was gonna make a thread about this blatant theft of material! What are the odds?

I did some research, and apparantly the producers ARE allowed to do this since T3 is also a Warners property.

This isn't the first show to do this, either; I was watching an episode of Voyager the other day, and they showed supposed "nightmare visions" that were from Event Horizon! I guess these shows will do anything to save a few bucks ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 11:58 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

I couldn't agree more Ahnold, although this is the type of thing I expected to see back in the old days, but definitely not now.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 06:26 PM
alic88
Barzakh

i feel pretty pissed off about it, i dont know why, its just not fair

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 12:23 AM
Praylu

I sort of feel the same way, although in some ways it only proves how great and worthy the franchise is even after all these years.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 02:29 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Its unbelievable, how much budget are they willing to cut, even STEALING scenes from other movies, its insane.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 08:01 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Besides Alic, has anyone else seen this episode?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 10:22 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Stopped watching Smallville.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 05:47 AM
Praylu

Originally posted by vvvrulz
Its unbelievable, how much budget are they willing to cut, even STEALING scenes from other movies, its insane.

Indeed its hard to believe, I always thought they only did this in the old days of television.

Originally posted by Ahnold
Besides Alic, has anyone else seen this episode?

Unfortunately I didn't see it, but I did see the earlier episode I mentioned where they copied T2.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 06:17 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Try and catch it. It's bizarre when you see it ...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 02:13 PM
T - 101

I saw the clip provided in the forum. I have seen T2 25 times since the first year, and T3 about 5 times. I can tell you that if Small ville, which I heard is the stories of Superman in his teen years, is using a clip from another movie, it is a bad idea. Not only could Warner Brothers be sued, but the originality of the show could be soured. However, having said that, Warner Brothers was one of the corporations involved with the film and for Warner Brothers to sue themselves, that is if Warner Brothers is responsible for Small ville, that would be ridiculous.

Hope this biased opinion heps out.

Hasta la visata!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 02:28 PM
T - 101 is currently offline Click here to Send T - 101 a Private Message Find more posts by T - 101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

We all like to think that our society is so advanced and that things like this just don't happen. It's like when your a child you think that everything everyone does is good and right. That the people running things are making sure they are doing the best job possible. You get older and realise "wow, there are a lot of dumb asses out there."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 08:44 PM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

lol Very well put Konja.

In fact, the majority of this world are dumbasses, thats the sad truth of it all. That smallville thing made me wonder in utter disbelief.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 12:26 AM