KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Anakin's Empire

Anakin's Empire
Started by: Luminatus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin's Empire

Revenge of the Sith What If:
Question: Would the Galaxy be better off than it was under Palpatine's Galactic Empire?

1. Padme actually joins Anakin. He then kills Obi-Wan and Sidious and declares himself Emperor.

2. He loses Padme but still kills Obi-Wan and Palpatine.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 09:21 AM
Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

What if the moon were made of apple sauce?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 10:55 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Make your own thread for that. This is my what-if.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 11:07 AM
Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

*Facepalms*

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

What? He's spamming a thread I made because I was curious what people thoughtt. This forum, like the versus forum, is for discussion and speculation on things like the hypotheticals in the OP.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 02:36 AM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Anakin's Empire

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Luminatus
Revenge of the Sith What If:
Question: Would the Galaxy be better off than it was under Palpatine's Galactic Empire?

1. Padme actually joins Anakin. He then kills Obi-Wan and Sidious and declares himself Emperor.

2. He loses Padme but still kills Obi-Wan and Palpatine.

1. Its kind of like asking what if an incompetent person were to rule the united states? I.E. Bush, clinton, nixon, etc.

2. Its kind of like asking if an evil incompetent were to rule the united states. I.E. Nixon

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 07:24 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I knew it. The Jedi are just liberals and the Sith are Conservatives.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 08:30 AM
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
What if the moon were made of apple sauce?

I would eat it if it were made of spareribs.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 12:34 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
I would eat it if it were made of spareribs.

But what if the bones were made of liquorish!? (That mite b teh rong wurd.)

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

if this happened than that changes everything GL said in eps 4-6

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 06:39 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would the galaxy be better off?

Probably not; Anakin was clearly deranged and psychotic at this point. The death rate would probably be higher and the Empire would be shorter lived.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 08:22 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Empire made no benefits to galactic-kind and was just a worthless, evil Empire.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 11:20 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

no. i believe nixon was a liberal.

anyway, if anything, Hutts are liberal politicians/any politician, fat, lazy rich aristocrats, and Sand people are like Republicans, dumb, illiterate rednecks shooting at random shit with their guns.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 02:20 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote:

He was elected in 1946 as a Republican to the House of Representatives representing California's 12th Congressional district, and in 1950 to the United States Senate.

Hey, remember how I didn't use to be able to deal w/sarcasm? I'm still not great at it. Fvcking with me on this would be a dick move.

With that in mind:
Sarcasm?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 02:38 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
The Empire made no benefits to galactic-kind and was just a worthless, evil Empire.
It did bring order and peace (to an extent) to the galaxy. The Empire, as Gideon has educated us, was widely supported and approved of by the general populace. You could definitely say that was due to propaganda, but it's also just as obvious that the vast majority of the population was being left untouched.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 03:23 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Red Nemesis

Hey, remember how I didn't use to be able to deal w/sarcasm? I'm still not great at it. Fvcking with me on this would be a dick move.

With that in mind:
Sarcasm?

what do you think I am, 90 or something? I cant remember everything that happened before i was born.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 06:16 AM
REXXXX
Networking

On topic, folks? If you dislike the topic, don't post...

Anyways, I think the Empire would not have held. Palpatine had power as he had been, at one point, an elected official and was in general favor with the public at the time of transition from Republic to Empire. Anakin was a war hero himself, but... not quite the same public standing. He'd be taking power by force and people wouldn't like that...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 07:01 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

After saving Padme, what point would there be to stay evil? If he could somehow control himself and turn back to the LS, then it would be a peaceful, benevolent Empire... unlikely though

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It did bring order and peace (to an extent) to the galaxy. The Empire, as Gideon has educated us, was widely supported and approved of by the general populace. You could definitely say that was due to propaganda, but it's also just as obvious that the vast majority of the population was being left untouched.

LOL You guys support the Empire so much that you actually think that the Empire brought "peace and order" to the galaxy.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fan Skywalker

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
After saving Padme, what point would there be to stay evil? If he could somehow control himself and turn back to the LS, then it would be a peaceful, benevolent Empire... unlikely though

LOL You guys support the Empire so much that you actually think that the Empire brought "peace and order" to the galaxy.

Well i am no empire fanboy but ive always thought Palpatine introduced law and order to the empire in the same manner Saddam Hussein did to Iraq.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 12:14 AM
Click here to Send Fan Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Fan Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Palpatine's more like Hitler. After years of strife and hardship, people were glad to have a strong absolute ruler who would make them stronger and at peace. Then there's the racism (well as in actual race as in human race above others) and various other parallels.

Order is order even if it is brutal.

And I think Anakin with Padme could make a benevolent dictatorship by and large.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 02:38 AM