KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Started by: @st

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

I did a number of searches, couldn't find it, feel free to merge if I'm wrong.

Anyone else playing/played this game? Any PS3 owner should, there isnt much else. stick out tongue It is easily without a doubt the best looking console game I have ever played. The animations and small details are incredible, Drake will put his hands on the wall as he walks through small doorways, his clothes look wet after swimming, he wipes the water and dirt off of his face.

The story and cutscenes are very cool, well acted and (again)very well animated. The gameplay borrows elements from pretty much any big game of this generation, but it never seems like a cheap knockoff. I know its easy to look at videos and call it "Dude Raider", but it is much much more than that.

This is the first game that has made me happy to have a PS3. big grin

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:20 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

One of the few few games that make me envy PS3 owners, but if it doesn't got multi sometime, I will never get to try it. But it looks great.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:21 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

It seems a good game, do you have any plot details on it?

Only thing I don't like is that is seems to borrow elements from POP.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:23 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote:

A 400-year-old clue in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake sets a modern-day fortune hunter on a exploration for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, leading to the discovery of a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The search turns deadly when Nathan Drake becomes stranded on the island and hunted by mercenaries. Outnumbered and outgunned, Drake and his companions must fight to survive as they begin to unravel the terrible secrets hidden on the Island.

Like I said, it borrows from other games. But playing it, its much more like Tomb Raider than Prince of Persia. The only POP like moments is the jumping, and they dont have copyright on jumping. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:27 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

True.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:37 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

One thing I love about this game, its seamless, there is about a 30 second load before you play, after that there is nothing. Cutscenes dont load, new levels dont load, when you die you restart instantly. Thats quite an accomplishment considering the power the game is using for the visuals.

Thats the kinda thing im hoping for in GTA IV.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:48 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Hmmm...thats good.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:51 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

For as much as you post, you dont really say much. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:54 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Is that such a bad thing though?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:57 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes.

Thisis one of the games that does look good on the PS3, though.

I haven't heard much about, though. Did it get badr revies or something?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:08 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Not at all, its got an 89.6% rating at Gamerankings...

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932984.asp

I think it just got lost in the 360's holiday onslaught.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:12 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah I think that's the case as well. That and the fact that due to all the negative hype the PS3 is getting, it's exclusives seem to get ignored, at least on this forum, and this is my main hub for information.

But yeah this game does look fun. The PS3 is getting some nice new exclusives. imo it's sort of like how the XBOX was last-gen.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:17 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Yeah. Im nowhere near being a Sony fan, Ive only got a PS3 for Bluray and in small part for the MLB games, but I absolutely love this game.

I read on Wikipedia(for whatever thats worth) that this supposed to be the first of a new franchise, which is very good news.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:18 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by @st
Not at all, its got an 89.6% rating at Gamerankings...

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932984.asp

I think it just got lost in the 360's holiday onslaught.

Still not in the 90's like many 360 games. wink

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 05:15 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Yes, you hate PS3, we know, move on.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 05:15 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I was not on about the PS3 what so ever there I was just saying 360 games got a higher review was all, besides I read up on the game, and believe it or not I found it really interesting it sounds like a very good game, my preconceptions of it have been erased.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 05:18 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Isn't this the game with a combination of Lara Croft and PoP: Sands of Time? confused

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 05:23 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Yes it seems to be.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 05:28 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Isn't this the game with a combination of Lara Croft and PoP: Sands of Time? confused

More Tomb Raider really, I dont know where the PoP is coming from. lol

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 05:29 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Well I remember from a trailer there is a bit where he climbs the wall and uses the indents of the wall, and he shuffles along them just like POP does, it is also a bit like pitfall.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 05:32 PM