KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vong sightings

Vong sightings
Started by: Incanus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Incanus
Istari

Vong sightings

Ok, so i know 1 thing, the Vong entered the galaxy FAR before they invaded, and i only know of 1 instance. Can some1 plz help fill in any others? The one i know of happened during the mandalorian wars, when Canderous Ordo and some others were "playing" with smugglers they were gonna kill, but when he fired a rocket at a ,eteor/comet, he saw something older in it, not an asteroid. It spewed fire that melted Mandalorian armor like WAX (that stuff is thick to, resistant to blasters and lightsabers, whech are heat based) and then it took off at a high speed. They followed it to the edge of the galaxy til it hit the unknown regions, then they left it. On wookieepedia.com it said that was a Vong scout, and i can belive it, as they had fire spewing stuff later so...... can anyone help me out?

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Vong sightings

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Incanus
Ok, so i know 1 thing, the Vong entered the galaxy FAR before they invaded, and i only know of 1 instance. Can some1 plz help fill in any others? The one i know of happened during the mandalorian wars, when Canderous Ordo and some others were "playing" with smugglers they were gonna kill, but when he fired a rocket at a ,eteor/comet, he saw something older in it, not an asteroid. It spewed fire that melted Mandalorian armor like WAX (that stuff is thick to, resistant to blasters and lightsabers, whech are heat based) and then it took off at a high speed. They followed it to the edge of the galaxy til it hit the unknown regions, then they left it. On wookieepedia.com it said that was a Vong scout, and i can belive it, as they had fire spewing stuff later so...... can anyone help me out?
The article on Wookiepedia only said that the craft resembled a Vong coralskipper, there's no definitive identity.

But you said you don't believe it was the Vong because the craft spewed fire? That makes no sense what so ever.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:09 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

No, i DO think it is a Vong scout BECAUSE it spewed fire AND left the galaxy when it was obviously a ship because of the high speeed it lft at.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

No, i DO think it is a Vong scout BECAUSE it spewed fire AND left the galaxy when it was obviously a ship because of the high speeed it lft at.
Okay. So what's your question?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:12 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Does anyone else know about other sightings before the invasion? and if u do what are they?

Isil

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:12 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Read the page on the Yuuzhan Vong on Wookiee. It actually states that the craft the Mandalorians encountered was a Vong ship.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:21 AM
Incanus
Istari

Thats what i said..... read the first post......

Isil

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:23 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

So other than reading Wookiee, what do you want from us?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:31 AM
Incanus
Istari

To know if it was said any where else, in comics, books, or anything, if there were more sightings of Vong ships(or supposed ones) and what they did, who saw them, etc.

Isil

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:32 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

If it's not on their Wookiee page, we won't be of much help. That page has all the sources in the endnotes.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:34 AM
Incanus
Istari

Oh, well still if the person who wrote it missed something i would still like to know because it mainly has their description, castes, and stuff like that not sightings of odd things that happen before the invasion, because in KOTOR u cant say its a Vong ship because of the fact that the name Vong isnt mentioned......

Isil

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 03:36 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Apparently the craft the Mandos encountered was a Yorik-stronha. Though the reference in the source section calls it a "possible indirect mention only."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 04:06 AM
Incanus
Istari

Oh, huh weird. Must have advanced their bio engineering in the 4000 something years before they invaded, still, if any more sightings come, go ahead and post to your hearts delight

Isil

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 04:40 AM
truejedi

i've always had a pet theory that the threat Revan felt was the Vong invasion force (since it took them literally thousands of years to cross between galaxies.) But there is absolutely no evidence to back that up. Its pure supposition.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 06:03 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Maybe. I always thought it was the True Sith, and there may be KOTOR 3 has been said to be in development apart form The Old Republic so.... Maybe its the Return of Revan, or you find out what he went after.

Isil

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 06:54 AM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

What? KOTOR 3 in development? Where exactly did you get this information from?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 07:19 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Maybe. I always thought it was the True Sith, and there may be KOTOR 3 has been said to be in development apart form The Old Republic so.... Maybe its the Return of Revan, or you find out what he went after.

I swear the MMO had enough content for "KOTOR 3-9" or something like that.
Originally posted by Major Valerian
What? KOTOR 3 in development? Where exactly did you get this information from?

Agreed. Where?!

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 10:27 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Earlier this year, BioWare announced the formation of a mini-studio devoted to developing the new Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic MMO. Since then, BioWare has remained mum about the extent of what they are developing, but rumor has it that they might be working on KOTOR 3 for Next Gen systems like the Xbox 360.
The Internet is ablaze as most fans are tepid about the MMO, but absolutely getting their panties in a bunch at the thought of a new KOTOR RPG.
Perhaps there will be some sort of interesting announcement at next month's E3, but if not, fans will have to continue to cross their fingers.
This was the only link there but if you look at the video then unless it was KOTOR 2, which came out in '05 if im right, if you look at the video it says they may be working on a game apart from The Old Republic. If I get adefinite answer will post fast........... thatw as last year, search on youtube proof of KOTOR 3 it should be on top.

Isil

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 02:12 PM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

I just don't get why they don't make a KOTOR 3 RPG. I mean, if it's money they're interested in, (which is obviously the case) a KOTOR 3 would give them what they want and more. Hardcore fans would DIE for this game. It's rather stupid not do do it.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Yeah, alot of people would pre order KOTOR 3 alone, especially if it had Revan, as I know alot of people are obsessed with him. I got over it luckily. But I would pay alot of money if I had to if i could find out where Revan went and what he was fighting. Same if the Exile comes back with him.

Isil

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 07:00 PM