KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (xbox360)...MMO??? OH NOES!!!

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (xbox360)...MMO??? OH NOES!!!
Started by: Schecter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (xbox360)...MMO??? OH NOES!!!

guess i can kiss my life goodbye roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...75&site=cvg

quote:
BioWare has formed a new online team to create a Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic massively multiplayer online game, EGM reports.

No further details were reported in the rumour section of the US magazine but we've taped our fingers crossed. KOTOR is one of our favourite Star Wars games ever and the thoughts of an online MMO is, frankly, too much to take in.

The magazine also reports on a few other BioWare-related rumours. The current PC-exclusive Dragon Age is coming to PS3 and the DS currently in development at the mega-studio looks to be from the Baldur's Gate franchise. They're all rumours at the moment but we'll keep you updated with any announcements.

If you missed Monday's shock news, CVG exclusively reported that the firm's highly anticipated Xbox 360 RPG Mass Effect has been pushed back to September.

as always, nothing is set in stone, but....wow...i have wood

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post May 1st, 2007 04:18 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Im my opinion that is one good way to ruin a great game that it already is. KOTOR MMO would be crap and besides theres already SW Galaxies.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post May 1st, 2007 04:23 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I wouldn't mind a well made MMO set in the SW universe, but they should keep away from the era that the KotOR games are set in. Rather use the Exar Kun era.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 1st, 2007 05:01 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Since its still Bioware, I have a lot of faith in this. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 1st, 2007 05:20 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'll be frank- for all my issues with the curren computer gaming apporach to Star Wars etc, this is MUCH better ground for an MMO than Galaxies is.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 1st, 2007 06:32 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

wow.. I wonder how many voice actors they're going to have to hire

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 1st, 2007 06:38 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LinixCobra
Im my opinion that is one good way to ruin a great game that it already is. KOTOR MMO would be crap and besides theres already SW Galaxies.

I have to say that I agree with you, I like it the way it is.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post May 1st, 2007 10:17 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But really, how many times can Bioware do the same game?

Mass Effect, KOTAR series, Jade Empire are becoming very similiar. They're great games but I think Bioware needs to do somethind different.

I do agree that this would make a pretty steller MMO, and if continue to keep the same battle system and maybe if its free. That would be fun.

But I do miss the KOTAR series if they go down this path.

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 03:16 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Originally posted by General G
I have to say that I agree with you, I like it the way it is.

Exactly.. look at what happened to Star Wars Galaxies, everyone turned to Jedi after the last update. If everyone is a Jedi then doesnt that kill most of the games design?

They should just continue with the RPG method and stay away from MMO.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 03:29 AM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Ushgarak
I'll be frank- for all my issues with the curren computer gaming apporach to Star Wars etc, this is MUCH better ground for an MMO than Galaxies is.

Heh, I agree. KOTOR-era is much better a setting for an MMO than Galaxies is.

Though I'm personally not a great fan of MMOs, nor do I think KOTOR was the great game most people say it is, so I'm going to be not really keen on this by default.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 03:43 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If you kept the same battle system, people would stop playing very fast. it's broken and in an MMO that would be abused to death.

As for free... you gotta be kidding me...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 10:08 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

sad but true. lucasarts will most assuredly bleed us. if the fee is too high i'm not biting. final fantasy 11 for example, 10$ a month (lol) which amounts to double what your paying for xboxlive. under 5$ and ill go for it.

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 01:17 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I wouldn't expect it to be below 10$ a month, WoW is 15$ a month and that doesn't seem to stop people from playing it (the non-existing End Game however does). And knowing Lucasarts they will try to squeeze as much money out of us as they can.

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 01:26 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Morridini
I wouldn't expect it to be below 10$ a month, WoW is 15$ a month and that doesn't seem to stop people from playing it (the non-existing End Game however does). And knowing Lucasarts they will try to squeeze as much money out of us as they can.

i dont think they'll get away with that in the xbox market. phantasy star and final fantasy tried that crap. sure people will join, but real momentum requires more than a handful of fanboys.

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 01:35 PM
Peach
mordrem

$10 a month is the norm for MMOs. I highly doubt it'll go much lower than that.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 03:24 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

If you kept the same battle system, people would stop playing very fast. it's broken and in an MMO that would be abused to death.

Why?

Guild Wars has done it successfully.

Problem wont happen, but like I said, the only time I would play it if they kept the same battle system and if it was free.

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 04:11 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Um, you don't see a problem with a battle system where u freeze time to choose what to do in an MMO?

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 05:05 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Smasandian
Why?

Guild Wars has done it successfully.

Problem wont happen, but like I said, the only time I would play it if they kept the same battle system and if it was free.

Again, if you kept the same battle system, you would very quickly find out how crap the game would be. It is insane to want that. Every single fight would be intensly boring as such a hosable system is hosed like crazy. Total disaster.

And Guold Wars is not truly persistent in the same way. There is no real way they are going to use a Guild Wars style model.

BtVS

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 05:08 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

And again, I said I would consider it if they kept the same battle system and model that Guild Wars.

If it cant be done, then I dont really care then, because I would have no interest in it. I liked KOTAR for the battle system and story, if they take away the battle system, I wont play it.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 03:09 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I can feel the headaches from fanboys already...

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 04:47 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote