KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Djem So - Soresu + Juyo = Vaapad?

Djem So - Soresu + Juyo = Vaapad?
Started by: Anakin4Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anakin4Ever
The Best in the Order

Question Djem So - Soresu + Juyo = Vaapad?

I just came up with this formula for Vaapad and I wanted to hear what you guys though of it.

Djem So - Soresu + Juyo = Vaapad

The way I see it is Vaapad combines the ferocity of Juyo with the raw power of Djem So without the defense Djem So has.

Bonus: Does Vaapad focus on powerful strikes like Djem So does? Like if Anakin Skywalker used Vaapad in ROTS, would it be as physically powerful as Djem So with added fatality?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 08:09 PM
Click here to Send Anakin4Ever a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin4Ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

no expression

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

He wouldn't be able to use Vapaad as it's a form which skirts the edge of the DS and he'd end up like Mace's apprentice and let vapaad control him.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 09:00 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

I think you mean he wouldn't have been taught Vaapad for that purpose. As anyone can use it. Anakin would fall to the dark side though, that's a certainty. Vaapad "controlling" the user just means that the dark side enveloped them, they should still retain a complete mastery of the technical aspect of the form (assuming, like in Bulq's case, they mastered such).

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
Bonus: Does Vaapad focus on powerful strikes like Djem So does? Like if Anakin Skywalker used Vaapad in ROTS, would it be as physically powerful as Djem So with added fatality?

Likely. It's stated to use "bold, direct" attacks, which sounds more of an emphasis on powerful strikes (obviously since it's composed from Djem So).

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Advent
I think you mean he wouldn't have been taught Vaapad for that purpose. As anyone can use it. Anakin would fall to the dark side though, that's a certainty. Vaapad "controlling" the user just means that the dark side enveloped them, they should still retain a complete mastery of the technical aspect of the form (assuming, like in Bulq's case, they mastered such).

Likely. It's stated to use "bold, direct" attacks, which sounds more of an emphasis on powerful strikes (obviously since it's composed from Djem So).

Thats what I meant Advent, thanks for clearing that up, I just phrased it incredibly badly.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 09:36 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Anakin easily masters Djem So (known canon) and Soresu. Juyo no way way because very few have mastered Juyo and Vaapad is a variation of Juyo. And Vaapad is even harder to master than Juyo. So no, Anakin better stick to Djem So.

War Doctor

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin4Ever
The Best in the Order

I know Anakin never mastered Juyo, I was just asking if Vaapad had powerful strikes like Djem So and ferocious and wild movements like Juyo.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Anakin4Ever a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin4Ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Djem So is pure power. Juyo is similar to the Shaolin and Wushu martial arts.

War Doctor

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 12:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

From Wookiee.

Jedi battlemaster Cin Drallig listed bold, direct motions as characteristics of Juyo, qualifying them as more open and kinetic than Form V, but with a less elaborate appearance than Ataru. Drallig contrasted the tactics of Juyo as not nearly as graceful or linked as those of Ataru, instead referring to them as "seemingly unconnected staccato sequences." He also listed one of the strengths of the form as its unpredictability. The form was said to necessitate greater energy than Form V, due to a broader wielding of a user's focus and a deeper emotional link. Despite the challenges inherent in the use of the form, it could serve as a pathway to considerable power.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin4Ever
The Best in the Order

I wonder if Vaapad is similar to Juyo.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 12:20 PM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
I wonder if Vaapad is similar to Juyo.

Vaapad was developed from Juyo. -.-'

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 07:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed, Juyo is the basis for Vaapad. So... yeah. They are similar. Djem So and Soresu have nothing to do with Vaapad in the least other than the need for a lightsaber to perform any of them.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 11:54 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Captain REX
Indeed, Juyo is the basis for Vaapad. So... yeah. They are similar. Djem So and Soresu have nothing to do with Vaapad in the least other than the need for a lightsaber to perform any of them.

Then Mace showed us in Shatterpoint he uses Vaapad without a saber in a fistfight, where he punches a guy a "dozen times before he can blink" Something along those lines.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 06:35 AM
Darth Storm

it says in wikipeedia that all forms can be used without lightsabers

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 09:13 AM
Click here to Send Darth Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Darth Storm
it says in wikipeedia that all forms can be used without lightsabers
That's right. Even when you're playing sports, so long as you're on the defensive you're applying Soresu. Or whenever people dance---using Makashi. Whenever someone has a violent seizure full of sporadic and erratic twitching---Juyo.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

lawl

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin4Ever
The Best in the Order

I've seen Vaapad and it looks a lot like the offensive aspects of Djem So. I said Djem So - SORESUE + Juyo = Vaapad, noting that Soresu has nothing to do with Vaapad, but Djem So does.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 01:08 AM
Incanus
Istari

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
That's right. Even when you're playing sports, so long as you're on the defensive you're applying Soresu. Or whenever people dance---using Makashi. Whenever someone has a violent seizure full of sporadic and erratic twitching---Juyo.
Lol

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 12:31 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Afraid to say Lucien I've QFP that.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 12:42 PM