KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Fate of the Jedi: The Ancient Sith

Fate of the Jedi: The Ancient Sith
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Fate of the Jedi: The Ancient Sith

I just finished Omen and the Ancient Sith are sending a strike team consisting of a Sith Apprentice named Vestara, Lady Rhea, Lord Kol and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head. Apparently it looks like in the next book "Abyss" Luke & Ben fight a spectacular lightsaber battle & Force battle with the Sith.

At the end [Omen] from what I gathered, the Sith know that they are no match for Skywalker one-on-one. Anyone have opinions? Preferably from those who have read the book.

War Doctor

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 11:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Fate of the Jedi: The Ancient Sith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
I just finished Omen and the Ancient Sith are sending a strike team consisting of a Sith Apprentice named Vestara, Lady Rhea, Lord Kol and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head. Apparently it looks like in the next book "Abyss" Luke & Ben fight a spectacular lightsaber battle & Force battle with the Sith.

At the end [Omen] from what I gathered, the Sith know that they are no match for Skywalker one-on-one. Anyone have opinions? Preferably from those who have read the book.

Yes, these retarded Sith were lackies to the Ancient Sith. I'm not sure at what point the retcon happened but I didn't know the Ancient Sith actually trained other humans in sith arts. At any rate, they're nobodys in my book, just fillers because the authors can't get off the concept of the "sith".

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Well, it depends. Is it Sith species or idealists? i havnt read Omen yet, but i do know that an ancient sith may be a match for Skywalker, though he is a force god. They may be only because of the reason they can cause stars to go nova, as demonstrated by Naga Sadow. They can also create mass illusions, as again done by Sadow. Also, they have the magic that makes people see their worst fears.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 12:18 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Originally posted by Incanus
Well, it depends. Is it Sith species or idealists? i havnt read Omen yet, but i do know that an ancient sith may be a match for Skywalker, though he is a force god. They may be only because of the reason they can cause stars to go nova, as demonstrated by Naga Sadow. They can also create mass illusions, as again done by Sadow. Also, they have the magic that makes people see their worst fears.

sadow made stars go nova with the help of his ship not just him alone using the force. Skywalker can cast far greater illusions than anyone in SW as seen in DN and the LOTF series. None of the ancient sith are CLOSE to Lukes level.

I do not think the sith and luke will battle in the next book my guess is that sometime in this series they all go fight luke and ben and luke sacrifices himself while ben escapes and thus we have the death of Luke skywalker

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 12:36 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

The ancient sith made illusiuons of enormous fleets that made the Republic run........... And how does Sadows ship help him? he couldnt concentrate when he did that, so either he was extremely strong in the force, or he caused something. And what illusions did Luke cast?

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 12:47 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

The ancient sith made illusiuons of enormous fleets that made the Republic run........... And how does Sadows ship help him? he couldnt concentrate when he did that, so either he was extremely strong in the force, or he caused something. And what illusions did Luke cast?

Where naga made illusions os fleets Luke made exact PHYSICAL illusions of not only a huge fleet. Along with masking an entire PLANET forever( the illusion will never wear off)

Naga's ship helps him because he has a crystal that helps him do it. It's in the comics.

Last edited by xxxpoppunker182 on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 01:17 AM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 01:14 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I have a feeling that these are idealists and they have nowhere near the power that Sadow had. I like the aspect of the new books in that Luke and Ben are finally spending quality time as they should have from the start of Ben's training, with Luke being the father that Vader never was, but everything else is the usual post-ROTJ muck.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 01:49 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rex changed his avatar!!!!!

They keep on coming up with more secret planets hidden with sith. I mean, after the jedi purge, wouldn't the jedi learn to pay attention to that little planet over there?

To be honest, when reading Omen I had no interest in the sith portions, in fact I wanted to read more about the jedi vs GA parts.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 03:46 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

I thought the whole Jedi be ga crap sucked. I thought everything sucked in omen aside from the luke and ben story.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 04:17 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

The best part of Omen was just how awesome and frightening the Aing-Tii are.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really wish that the jedi would just go and kick Dalaa's ass already. Like sabatoge her ship and destroy it without anyone noticing. Or simply refuse to do any more jedi work and let them cry when crime goes through the roof.

In Outcast I really didn't get the Kessel subplot. It was worthless.

The illness obviously has something to do with the maw/shelter, so why not get all of the jedi that were in it and give them special care/teach them exercises and tell them to not freak out if they start seeing everybody as an imposter. And why does the GA just freeze them all in carbonite? How is that supposed to help them solve the mystery?

Luke and Ben don't seem to be getting anywhere. And why bother? There are plenty of planets other than Coruscant to live on, like Naboo.

Last edited by Hewhoknowsall on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 07:47 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

never mind

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 07:46 PM
Incanus
Istari

Why did they make Dalaa, an Imperial Moff, head of the GA, ad wtf happened to the New Republic? Did they change it after the Vong war? Why not keep Leia then, she seemed to do a fine job..........

Isil

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 02:32 AM
xxxpoppunker182

Why did they make Dalaa, an Imperial Moff, head of the GA, ad wtf happened to the New Republic? Did they change it after the Vong war? Why not keep Leia then, she seemed to do a fine job..........

long story short the imperial remnant and the NR joined together forming the galactic alliance to defeat the vong.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 02:58 AM
Incanus
Istari

Ok that explains alot, but why ditch Leia?

Isil

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 03:10 AM
xxxpoppunker182

Ok that explains alot, but why ditch Leia?

as head of GA/ I duno because they continued her training in the DN trilogy and is now a knight. Also Daala has to be Chief of State to show how the GA becomes an empire as of the legacy comics.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 03:13 AM
Incanus
Istari

Oh yeah, the Fel empire, right? The comes Krayt and his One Sith, (posers) and then what comes after all that? Does Krayts empire rule for the rest of recorded time?

Isil

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 03:25 AM
xxxpoppunker182

Oh yeah, the Fel empire, right? The comes Krayt and his One Sith, (posers) and then what comes after all that? Does Krayts empire rule for the rest of recorded time?

Krayts empire is just as legit as Revans if not more so. Krayt is just as legit as Nadd or Exar Kun as well.

But as to what happens the comic series is still going on. and Last I herd Krayt was Killed by Wryylok 3 who made it look like Krayt whent back into stasis so he can rule the empire.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 03:42 AM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

The GA doesn't become an empire, I thought that it gets defeated by Fel.

So this tribe that appears isn't the one sith, so we can assume that they get defeated and never return by Luke...or do they appear in Legacy (I don't read them).

And it's confusing that they have Legacy of the Force and then they have Legacy...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 03:15 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The GA becomes a Rebellion again, of sorts.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 04:27 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote