KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Perfect World

Perfect World
Started by: Raoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Perfect World

Offical Site: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/

A friend of mine has been trying to get me in to this, but to be honest, i have no idea what to expect, as i've never really played anything like this before.

So to anyone who has played it:

What can i expect game mechanics wise, or is there a game i could compare it to (thats not an online rpg)?

Any hints so i don't end up looking like a complete noob?

Lastly, and most importantly, is it worth my time?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 09:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I play and i like it

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 25th, 2009 02:06 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

A girl friend of mine got me to play this thing. Since I've never played a MMORPG before I don't know how to rate it, but for a free game I think its ok. Graphics are ok, I mean my computer sucks, so they will possibly look better with better hardware. Hmm its actually very easy and simple, but since my xp with games like this was non-existant it took me a while, but its worth it for what it is. Im currently a lvl 18 dragoon.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 25th, 2009 02:11 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Well me, Jalek, Venomancer and the newly joined Pandoraspunani play that game. Its the first real MMO I played outside of Phantasy Star. It can be fun when you have someone to play with but its a pain to level up by yourself and do things. Lucky for you if you do decide to play then I'll be there to help you and stuff. I enjoy it and its very random in a sense. You can ride mounts like reindeer, raptors, kirins, huge panthers, flying swords, polar bears, sting rays and stuff.

As for it being worth your time I can't really say. Its nothing like DoW or the Star Trek games. I suppose it can be compared to WoW a little. You can get married, join factions and have territory wars. Its a free game and for a free game it looks pretty well imo. If you try it out then just let me know and I'll roll with you.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2009 02:13 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thanks for the replies people.

i already spoke to Wei about this, but i finally got a start on this game, and i'm currently a Level 3 Blademaster (yes i know, but i only started).

you can add me if you want, name is: Mreed

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 25th, 2009 03:10 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Hmm. I've never heard of this game before. Looks kind of interesting, though, so maybe I'll give it a try. I doubt it'll drag my attention away from Guild Wars, but looks like it might be worth trying out anyway stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 25th, 2009 04:18 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Hmm. I've never heard of this game before. Looks kind of interesting, though, so maybe I'll give it a try. I doubt it'll drag my attention away from Guild Wars, but looks like it might be worth trying out anyway stick out tongue

laughing out loud

i'm up to level 6 now... its an interesting distraction to say the least. my first foray in to the land of online games like this, but i'm liking it...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 25th, 2009 07:10 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Raoul
thanks for the replies people.

i already spoke to Wei about this, but i finally got a start on this game, and i'm currently a Level 3 Blademaster (yes i know, but i only started).

you can add me if you want, name is: Mreed

Yeah sorry I left so suddenly. I lagged out of my L4D match and it was a close game. I did however get your messages and your anger towards the Elder. I'll help you tomorrow as well with the leveling up and money stuff and anyone else on here who needs it.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2009 07:16 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Yeah sorry I left so suddenly. I lagged out of my L4D match and it was a close game. I did however get your messages and your anger towards the Elder. I'll help you tomorrow as well with the leveling up and money stuff and anyone else on here who needs it.

laughing out loud

thanks man. yes, damn elder. ima stab him... i'm off at the hidden heroes city (thats where i saved it before i logged off anyways).

ill bb tomorrow, hopefully...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 25th, 2009 07:18 AM
IamPerfect

Started playing 20 minutes ago. Need help, anyone fancy a student lol?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 07:44 PM
IamPerfect is currently offline Click here to Send IamPerfect a Private Message Find more posts by IamPerfect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IamPerfect

Damn I can't work out how to use the game properly, only basic stuff, allot more complicated than Runescape. I'm a level 3 Lion-Man. Skarrin is the name of my animal if that's what name you add to friends list.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:59 AM
IamPerfect is currently offline Click here to Send IamPerfect a Private Message Find more posts by IamPerfect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote