KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Started by: Solid47

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Solid47

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

It's been 11 years since Twin Snakes was released, and many fans critized it's ridiculous easy difficulty due to MGS2 gameplay mechanics, grey graphics, inferior fps and poly count compared to MGS2(depside GC beign more powerful than PS2), unmatchable controls(trying to adapt controls designed for Dualshock 2 on GC controller), complete removal of Mei Ling's chinese accent and the crazy cutscenes directed by Ryuhei Kitamura.
Many guys here knows that Twin Snakes is apparently "non-canon" if we go by Sean Eyestone's statements. But let's not forget Snake replicated similar or even crazier feats and has shown similar skills.

What's your guys opinion. Do you guys think Twin Snakes is good or bad? And it's canon or not.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 12:50 AM
Solid47 is currently offline Click here to Send Solid47 a Private Message Find more posts by Solid47 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I never like any of the MGS until the 4th. I could never get past the controls. They drove me insane. I think it was GC version of MGS and I stopped a few minutes in.

I'm hoping they remake the previous with an updated control scheme.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 01:17 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solid47

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I never like any of the MGS until the 4th. I could never get past the controls. They drove me insane. I think it was GC version of MGS and I stopped a few minutes in.

I'm hoping they remake the previous with an updated control scheme.

Do you think a remake of MGS1 with open world structure would be a good or bad idea?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 01:29 AM
Solid47 is currently offline Click here to Send Solid47 a Private Message Find more posts by Solid47 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Nah, just re-do the game but a bit modernized.

It wouldn't really work as open world...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 03:24 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solid47

Originally posted by Smasandian
Nah, just re-do the game but a bit modernized.

It wouldn't really work as open world...

Kojima said he want to creat an "open world" Shadow Moses so who knows. I just don't want to Kojima replace all classic weapons like SOCOM, PSG-1 and Stinger with fictional ones like MGSV.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 03:30 AM
Arachnid1

I've loved every metal gear I've ever played, including Twin Snakes. Awsome game IMO

PWNT

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 06:39 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

My mint condition copy made me a tidy sum on eBay so for that reason alone I'll always like it.

The only bit during playing I found ridiculous was snake backflipping and kicking away a missile

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 11:30 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solid47

Originally posted by jaden101
The only bit during playing I found ridiculous was snake backflipping and kicking away a missile

Surviving and walking throught a microwave corridor as old man is more ridiculous than anything Solid "Super" Snake did in Twin Snakes.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 11:45 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yeah, but he ended up fried and half-dead.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 03:34 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solid47

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yeah, but he ended up fried and half-dead.

At least Snake doesn't have turned into "Roasted Snake(LOL)". Oh and Solid Eye blew on his eye.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 04:47 PM