KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Island: Riptide

Dead Island: Riptide
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Dead Island: Riptide

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 07:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

So what, you have to avoid the floods this time?

I hope the story is decent this time.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 02:48 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

If only they put the same amount of effort into the games as they do the trailers.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 02:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The developers have pretty much called this one Dead Island 1.5.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 04:50 AM
jinXed by JaNx

don't waste your money. Play the first or better yet, stick with left 4 dead. Those developers care about THIER games :-). This game made me feel like techland didn't care about making a memorable game. All i could see was more of the same...,the EXACT same. it's the call of duty syndrome.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 26th, 2013 at 05:07 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 05:04 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I'm one of the few people that prefer Dead Island over the Left 4 Dead games.

The Dead Island games look better, play better, and feel more complete.

Different Areas, a full Open World. The weapon mods are fantastic, while unrealistic.

Left 4 Dead also barely has a story if you remember.

And I could never get into Dead Rising due to no ****ing autosave (fire whoever made that choice), and that pointless time constraint. Why give us a full Open World to explore if we can only see some of it in the time alotted? You clearly can't save everyone, due to the damn time constraint... AGAIN!

Though, I will admit it does have the best gameplay.

...And as fun as Dead Rising 3 looks, I'm getting a PS4 first.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 06:14 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I would never compare Left 4 Dead with Dead Island. They are two completely games and genres.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 12:47 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah they're like comparing apples & oranges these two games

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan

You clearly can't save everyone, due to the damn time constraint... AGAIN!

Oh it is possible to save everyone.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 01:00 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah they're like comparing apples & oranges these two games

Oh it is possible to save everyone.
Tried to save everyone, with only barely any time left and then I still have to hunt for ****ing Zombrex. Then have to fight the crazy motorcycle dude (haven't picked the game up in over a year).

Then have to GO BACK to my daughter and give her the Zombrex, all while getting attacked by hundreds of zombies, like wtf, gimme time, assholes.

Then, what a surprise, turn my game off for the first time, its commonplace to accept that autosave is a thing in just about any PS3 game.

Especially one like this, but NOPE! (Of course its my own fault, but no one could've thought the time constraints and no auto-saving was a good idea).

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 11:49 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

You can compare two different genre's.

For example, I like Oranges better then Apples.

I like Grapes better then Oranges.

I like Cherries better then Grapes.

Just as well.

I like Dead Island better then Left 4 Dead, its the game I'd rather pick up, over either L4D 1 or 2.

I like Dead Rising to an extent, but because of all the things holding it back, possibly to make the game more "challenging".

Forcing someone to stop exploring your unique and zombie-infested world, filled with hundreds of awesome and unique weapons, all because of a stupid time constraint, that isn't fun.

Dying and then forgetting to save your game, with barely any checkpoints (if there is any, like I said, haven't played in a long time), isn't fun. It makes someone like me lose interest in the game.

Dead Island has a unique setting, the Zombies look detailed and creepy, the weapon mods are awesome, no time constraint, a community that's still going strong to this day, rewarding side-quests, cars and trucks for even more epic fun. Fast travel, the bloodbath arena, and not to mention the Ryder White Campaign is pretty good compared to the bland story of the main game. A HUGE open-world, with multiple settings.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 12:01 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Tried to save everyone, with only barely any time left and then I still have to hunt for ****ing Zombrex. Then have to fight the crazy motorcycle dude (haven't picked the game up in over a year).

Then have to GO BACK to my daughter and give her the Zombrex, all while getting attacked by hundreds of zombies, like wtf, gimme time, assholes.

Then, what a surprise, turn my game off for the first time, its commonplace to accept that autosave is a thing in just about any PS3 game.

Especially one like this, but NOPE! (Of course its my own fault, but no one could've thought the time constraints and no auto-saving was a good idea).

Manage your time better

as for saving everyone the game have achievement for saving everyone, So yeah its not Impossible

You can compare two different genre's.

For example, I like Oranges better then Apples.

I like Grapes better then Oranges.

I like Cherries better then Grapes.

Just as well.

I like Dead Island better then Left 4 Dead, its the game I'd rather pick up, over either L4D 1 or 2.

I like Dead Rising to an extent, but because of all the things holding it back, possibly to make the game more "challenging".

Forcing someone to stop exploring your unique and zombie-infested world, filled with hundreds of awesome and unique weapons, all because of a stupid time constraint, that isn't fun.

Dying and then forgetting to save your game, with barely any checkpoints (if there is any, like I said, haven't played in a long time), isn't fun. It makes someone like me lose interest in the game.

Dead Island has a unique setting, the Zombies look detailed and creepy, the weapon mods are awesome, no time constraint, a community that's still going strong to this day, rewarding side-quests, cars and trucks for even more epic fun. Fast travel, the bloodbath arena, and not to mention the Ryder White Campaign is pretty good compared to the bland story of the main game. A HUGE open-world, with multiple settings.

Unfortunately you can't compare these two games (L4D & Dead Island).

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 12:42 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
Manage your time better

as for saving everyone the game have achievement for saving everyone, So yeah its not Impossible

Unfortunately you can't compare these two games (L4D & Dead Island).

Yes, I can. I had more fun with Dead Island.

I can compare a fighting gamd to an FPS if I look, what's so blasphemous about it?

Is it just because they're different?

I like Grapes more then I like Chocolate, no one feels uncomfortable with that comparison.

It's odd how anyone would think you can't compare a certain game because one's a different genre then the other.

They're both zombie games, they just tackle the zombie scenario in different ways.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 12:47 PM