KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Worst Star Wars book/literature?

Worst Star Wars book/literature?
Started by: Jaeh.is.Awesome

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Worst Star Wars book/literature?

...for me it would have to be The Crystal Star. It's like a very bad fanfiction.

so far, anyway. I haven't read enough to say that IT IS the worst.

so.. thoughts? other nominees?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 11:37 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The Crystal Star definitely. Extra dimensional beings is crossing the line.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Crystal Star and Jedi Trial tie.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 09:39 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Which is that one where Leia's heat is turned in to a diamond, and a bunch of Stormtroopers aren't sent through time?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

well, i actually stopped reading Jedi Twilight because it just didn't hold my interest (midway through the 2nd book) That is the first Star Wars material that I have ever begun without finishing.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 09:59 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I tried reading a few of the NJO books and quit out of sheer boredom. The catch about creating a villain with no Force connection is that is makes the authors write about what and how the Jedi perceive everything. Boring as hell. Ironic, that.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:20 PM
Incanus
Istari

The unified force, or whatever, the last Vong wars book, couldnt hold my attention. Boring to me.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:51 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
well, i actually stopped reading Jedi Twilight because it just didn't hold my interest (midway through the 2nd book) That is the first Star Wars material that I have ever begun without finishing.

I thought it was interesting.

...I don't read the NJO books. something about it bugs me, and I'm not sure what.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 12:15 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

I know, Luke the Force God is in it.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 01:03 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

I heard Outbound Flight was bad, but I haven't actually read any SW books I didnt atleast somewhat enjoy.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Survivors Quest was the worst, I didn't finish it. I also couldn't finish Rule of Two. Those are the worst I've read.

The truly awful ones from the NJO I avoid, I've read a select few stuff from the NJO and that was mostly pre uber Luke NJO.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 03:39 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Thank you, someone who else found Rule of Two... sub par. Though personally, I felt it was okay, it's just not the epic that some make it out to be.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 06:09 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rule of two wasn't that great, but it isn't the worst either.

POD was okay. I hated LOTF bloodlines and i only bothered reading about boba in that book.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 06:24 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Incanus
I know, Luke the Force God is in it.

Yes, that's it! they turned Luke into a Gary Stu. WTH.

Originally posted by Allankles

The truly awful ones from the NJO I avoid, I've read a select few stuff from the NJO and that was mostly pre uber Luke NJO.

ditto. I sorta like young Jaina and Jacen and Anakin, but that's it. I didn't ever want them to grow up. >>.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 01:06 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Rule of Two was a decent book. Not great but not bad. Path of Destruction was MUCH better. I wish they would make a book about Ragnos/Plagueis/Andeddu.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

whats the book in the njo thats mainly about hapan politics? that one blows.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 07:33 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

comics blow.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 03:12 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

I would say the worst I ever read were these

Star Wars: Visions of the Future
Star Wars: Specter of the Past
The Entire NJO Series
(Luke the Force God SUCKS! I prefered Luke the Farmboy \ Hero \ Pilot \ Neophyte Jedi)

The Best I ever read would have to be these Four

Star Wars: Death Star
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Series
Star Wars: The Thrawn Series (Last Command ect)
Star Wars: Inferno

(if thats the one where Luke Dogfights against Caedus and Kasshyk is burnt into cinders)

"I see more Grey than Light or Dark now days." - Jolee Bindo

"I will do what I must Obi-Wan." - Qui-Gon-Jinn

Last edited by MasterAshenVor on Aug 13th, 2009 at 01:25 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 01:22 AM
Click here to Send MasterAshenVor a Private Message Find more posts by MasterAshenVor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I have read very few Star Wars novels, and then only the decent ones at worst.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 09:22 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
I would say the worst I ever read were these

Star Wars: Visions of the Future
Star Wars: Specter of the Past
The Entire NJO Series
(Luke the Force God SUCKS! I prefered Luke the Farmboy \ Hero \ Pilot \ Neophyte Jedi)

The Best I ever read would have to be these Four

Star Wars: Death Star
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Series
Star Wars: The Thrawn Series (Last Command ect)
Star Wars: Inferno

(if thats the one where Luke Dogfights against Caedus and Kasshyk is burnt into cinders)

Very good choices on the ones you prefer.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 12:31 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote