KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Backlash speculation

Backlash speculation
Started by: Incanus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Incanus
Istari

Backlash speculation

I read Abyss, and it was a pretty good book, but I was wondering what others thought about the next? Any thoughts on the psychosis not concerning Abeloth? The PsiCor scope? The mandos?

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not sure, but based on the last portion of Abyss and the title "Backlash", maybe the public will begin to backlash against Daala.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2009 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

i'm thinking backlash against the Jedi for the Jedi Mental diseases, and the deaths they are causing.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 07:34 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

I waqs thinking of the possibility of a cure in the next book, because Luke and Ben are crossing the galaxy because they know there may be one. I also know that Abeloth is more than likely related to it, she being the prescence they felt

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

here is speculation: Luke is going to struggle mightily to kill a single Rancor (as preluded to in the snippet from Abyss)

Since Marek killed TONS of rancors, all without too much trouble, this will utterly destroy Star Wars continuity as we know it.

Now, if luke destroys the thing with a hand gesture, it will keep star wars continuining linearly, BUT...I can't see an author giving him that easy of a win, because they all want their fights to be interesting, not logical.

Then again, I don't know if it should quite count THAT much against Luke, as Bane was almost killed by some animal with nasty teeth and a tail on the Dxun Moon.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 01:23 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Uh no, Luke warned the Rancor that it shouldn't mess with him (Luke), implying that he'll win...easily.

VER MILD SPOILER ALERT!

Han and Leia promised Allana that they'd let her ride a tame Rancor if they go to Dathimor (sp?), and they're going to help Luke and Ben out, so maybe Luke will control the Rancor like Bane controlled that Rancor and Allana will ride it!

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 07:39 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

yeah, the second that line was in the book, you knew they were going to dathomir. It was so awkwardly written. I was like... yep, any page now. I'm surprised they bothered to save it till the next book.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 08:09 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

SPECULATION:

Coruscant subplot:

Was what Han/Leia and the jedi did legal? I mean, didn't jedi stealth X's ATTACK a GAS ship and sneak off of the planet with the prisoners? Given that, would this start yet another war?

And what about the mandos? How is Daala going to explain them?

Luke/Ben subplot:

Will their journey about finding out what turned Jacen to the dark side end? Or will it continue on Dathomir, since it was conveniently the last (I think) place that Jacen visited?

Will Vestara stay evil or be redeemed? She doesn't seem to be that bad, and the next book (I think) is called Allies, right?

What about the surviving sith tribe members? What will they do?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 08:17 PM
Incanus
Istari

next book is Backlash, kinda the reason for the thread.......

But yeah, Luke shall struggle mto kill a rancor when hje has already done so, AND he will have a lightsaber this time. Perfect sense.

Isil

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 09:25 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Has the expert been released yet?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 07:51 PM