KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » saddest moment in a video game

saddest moment in a video game
Started by: Kayne Archeron

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kayne Archeron

saddest moment in a video game

mine would have to be Shadow Hearts II, when Yuri goes into his mind to sit with Alice on the train one last time... Aeris's death from FF7 doesn't even compare T_T

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 08:23 AM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Not in the unaltered retail version, but Atton's death in KOTOR II.

In one... Planescape: Torment's ending, or at least one of them. I forget which it's attached to, but the one where Annah cries.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 08:33 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kazuya's death scene from Tekken2. Practically stopped playing Tekken after that....it was only after i was told that Jin is Kazuya's son did i play Tekken 3.

Iori's defeat at the hands of Ash Crimson also compares. The coolest, most bad ass mofo bitched by a *** mad

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 09:01 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Kotaro Fuma( the young ninja)'s death in Onimusha 2. sad

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 09:43 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Re: saddest moment in a video game

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
mine would have to be Shadow Hearts II, when Yuri goes into his mind to sit with Alice on the train one last time

I might say that the failed ressurection tops that.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 05:31 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

Re: Re: saddest moment in a video game

Originally posted by Gregory
I might say that the failed ressurection tops that.

yeah, that was pretty bad too T_T

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 06:06 PM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by brainchild81
Kotaro Fuma( the young ninja)'s death in Onimusha 2. sad

I don't remember him dying...

leon and ada's stolen kiss in re:2, before she dies right there in his arms...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 08:36 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Grey Fox in MGS1

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 09:06 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

the saddest ending was when diablo dies on diablo2

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 10:17 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Yuna finding out at the very end that she couldnt be with tidus even though he prevented her death

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 10:43 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by pr1983
I don't remember him dying...
I envy you sad Depending on who you give what and when you give it to them, there are many alternate paths in that game. Gives it a high replay value. One of theses paths has him showing up to help the last time you fight Gengemphatts. It doesn't end well. I still haven't completed 100% of Kotaro's story though. Perhaps there's one where he survives.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:14 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by brainchild81
I envy you sad Depending on who you give what and when you give it to them, there are many alternate paths in that game. Gives it a high replay value. One of theses paths has him showing up to help the last time you fight Gengemphatts. It doesn't end well. I still haven't completed 100% of Kotaro's story though. Perhaps there's one where he survives.

There is.

Some of Dead Rising's endings are sad. The game kinda has a nihilistic feeling to it. Then there's the gluttony overtone....

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:45 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

ok for my serious post...there are 6 endings to silent hill 2. i choose the one thats labeled "sad ending" cuz [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he kills himself after he realizes he killed his own wife...

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:57 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Psylocke
Not one of them

^^ Really? I only remember 5 endings so far.

To me, the saddest moment in a videogame is Aerith's death in FFVII. It really made me cry, and I can't seriously remember ever missing a character so much before.

Although the scene after Vergil and Dante's showdown in Devil May Cry 3 is also very sad imo.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 08:32 AM
Dark_Psylocke is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Psylocke a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Psylocke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Hmmm, well I felt some tears run down my cheeks when Tidus died but that was mostly cuz I felt sad for Yuna. (FFX)

Yeah, the ending in DMC3 is pretty sad.

When Dante finds out that he fought and killed Vergil in DMC1.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 08:59 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Cyan's family being killed in FFVI.

In fact, all the real emotional moments I can remember from a video game are from the FF series. The one Sats mentioned above is definitely up there, as is the obvious FFVII one, which I won't bother mentioning, because just by me mentioning the title in this thread gives away what scene I'm referring too.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Hmm, some of my saddest...

Tidus and Yuna at the end of FFX!
Seeing Snake put a gun in his mouth in the trailer for MGS 4! (Practically everything he talks about is sad as wellsad )
Well, although I never got to feel anything real special for the hero (I completed the game to fast and all), Shadows of the Colossus had a sad ending.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 04:26 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Spoiler warning!!!

Sonic being killed as he walks with the princess

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 08:22 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

Originally posted by BackFire
Cyan's family being killed in FFVI.

In fact, all the real emotional moments I can remember from a video game are from the FF series. The one Sats mentioned above is definitely up there, as is the obvious FFVII one, which I won't bother mentioning, because just by me mentioning the title in this thread gives away what scene I'm referring too.

wow, that Cyan part i honestly thought topped Aeris's death by so many levels... but that's because i'm a bigger advocate of CloudxTifa than CloudxAeris

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 08:39 PM
an_old_wonderer

Originally posted by Dark_Psylocke
^^ Really? I only remember 5 endings so far.

To me, the saddest moment in a videogame is Aerith's death in FFVII. It really made me cry, and I can't seriously remember ever missing a character so much before.

Although the scene after Vergil and Dante's showdown in Devil May Cry 3 is also very sad imo.
well 5 or six, its been awhile

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 10:54 PM