KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Remembering the PS2

Remembering the PS2
Started by: BloodKnight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloodKnight

Remembering the PS2

Well I was told the PS2 first came out a decade ago and I just was curious if anyone else remembers when they first got their PS2. Well, if you had multiple ones, when did you get your first?

Also, which games did you get for it first?

I got my first PS2 for Christmas not long after it came out. I also got Tekken Tag and Street Fighter EX3.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 06:44 AM
BloodKnight is currently offline Click here to Send BloodKnight a Private Message Find more posts by BloodKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

I remember getting my 1st PS2 like it was yestrday.... Maybe because it was actually yesterday. Decided it was a good time to play all the games I missed out on because of their PS2 excusivity... PLus I'm looking forward to replaying FFX (for the stupidly high numbered time.)

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 07:08 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I got mine at midnight on release day and had perhaps the most difficult decision of my life to make as I only had limited money...SSX or Timesplitters?

As it happens I went through 3 ps2's...2 black ones died of natural causes...The 3rd (a silver one) is still with me...Faithful friend so he is.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 11:25 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Not long after it was released. First game was Kessen.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 12:07 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Christmas 2002, first game was Terminator: Dawn of fate, can't remember I completed it but I did smile Had some of the best games, MvC2, smackdown here comes the pain (Best wwe game ever IMO), tekken 4, burnout 3, warhammer firewarrior and many more smile

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 12:38 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Can't remember exactly I got mine. I guess it was 2004. I know the very game I played for it was Final Fantasy X. And Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories was the very last game I played for it (and only because it had a bug on the PS3).

Still, there's still another PS2 game I wish to get.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 01:38 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

my first PS2 came christmas of '02
got Kingdom Hearts, a theme park builder[a lot more fun than it sounds really esopecially when youre 12] and Burnout
then my brother broke it a few years ago and we got the slim one
he ended up giving it to some kid that lives up the street from us without telling my parents
the kid fixed it and were stuck with only one PS2

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 09:04 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Xmas 02.. first game was Tekken 4 and Winning Eleven 6

those were the good days...

It's still with me, my first and only PS2, and working without a hiccup... though I did have some problems with the lens while playing KH2, sent it in for repairs, and that was it. My girlfriend has it for the time being, but next month I'll be getting it back (I just lent it to her, but she's not using it anymore)
Last game I played was The Force Unleashed... and I loved it smile (I didn't have a 360 nor a PS3 at the time)

Last game my brother played: KH Chain of Memories (I still have to play it myself)

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 09:41 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i was thinkin about getting RE Chain of Memories, but i used my money on AC II for the 360
i tried to convince my brother to get it, but he never listens to me
such a brat that boy is

but till then, i think ill just have to find my GBA version of CoM, which im positive he stole and lost on me unless its under my bed which looks like the Tansmania Devil spun through under there

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 09:45 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

August '04. It's been with me all these years

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 10:19 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRed_Wolf
Whitemoon

Remember getting mine on my birthday. The first two games I got along with it were NASCAR Thunder, and Namco Meauseum.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 11:04 PM
BloodRed_Wolf is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRed_Wolf a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRed_Wolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I cant remember what my first game was but i remember a lot of the early ones like smugglers run, armored core and Orphan. I think my first game may been Dynasty Warriors 2. I rented a lot. The games i'll always remember most for PS2 will always be, in this order....,GTA3, Gran Trudismo 3, Final Fantasy X, God of War and Shadow of the Colossus. These are some of the most defining games of the PS2. They blew me away.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 04:07 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_D_J
Xmas 02.. first game was Tekken 4 and Winning Eleven 6

those were the good days...

It's still with me, my first and only PS2, and working without a hiccup... though I did have some problems with the lens while playing KH2, sent it in for repairs, and that was it. My girlfriend has it for the time being, but next month I'll be getting it back (I just lent it to her, but she's not using it anymore)
Last game I played was The Force Unleashed... and I loved it smile (I didn't have a 360 nor a PS3 at the time)

Last game my brother played: KH Chain of Memories (I still have to play it myself)
You foo! stick out tongue Tekken 4 was my second...first was Dragonball Z Budokai 1. Lol at anime clay people.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 04:32 AM
FWahMaN is currently offline Click here to Send FWahMaN a Private Message Find more posts by FWahMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by FWahMaN
You foo! stick out tongue Tekken 4 was my second...first was Dragonball Z Budokai 1. Lol at anime clay people.

Dragonball?

sick

I hope you didn't buy all the budokai 15 tenkaichi 8 crap that came afterwards... more of the same everytime

"Let's put the green piccolo dwarf henchman has a character to artificially increase our characters roster while having them fight in the same environment/level from the first game while never advancing the story"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 04:59 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, they did adjust visuals and improved on that. budoKai 3 looked so much better than the first...and the tenkaichi's provided a must more realistic view of DBZ fighting.

But yeah, I think the Tenkaichis were a bit repetitive. budoKai 3 was def the best of the budokais though.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 05:07 AM
FWahMaN is currently offline Click here to Send FWahMaN a Private Message Find more posts by FWahMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I just a have great distaste for anything Dragonball related stick out tongue

I don't remember which one I actually liked... I think it was the one that had less use of "move the analog stick like crazy" that mangled one of my controllers... whichever that was roll eyes (sarcastic)
(I didn't buy any of them, my best friend did however, hence the destroyed sticks)

I also can't remember which game was the second (or in this case, third) game I bought... it was either Medal of Honor: Frontlines or Final Fantasy X.... and afterward Crazy Taxi big grin

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 05:19 AM
super pr*xy

can't remember when. it was still fairly new since i couldn't decide between the ps2 or the xbox. so i bought them both.. i still play my ps2 and i use the xbox as a huge paper weight.

i have played a lot of good games on the ps2.. MGS, god of war, MvC, okami, burnout.. i couldn't master the xbox controls. it was sucky, so i ended up hating it..

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 09:11 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

I got my PS2 for free when me and my live-in girlfriend broke up, she just left it. I don't play it anymore, I should pick it back up someday thought.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 10:27 PM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by S_D_J
Dragonball?

sick

I hope you didn't buy all the budokai 15 tenkaichi 8 crap that came afterwards... more of the same everytime

"Let's put the green piccolo dwarf henchman has a character to artificially increase our characters roster while having them fight in the same environment/level from the first game while never advancing the story"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Never advancing the story is something Dragonball specializes in.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 10:36 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, because Akira quit making it as well as Toei. Oh well, Goku still leashes Superman with the tail he got back in Super Sayjin 4.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 09:17 AM