KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Terra runs a gauntlet

Terra runs a gauntlet
Started by: EvilAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Terra runs a gauntlet

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Terra, he is an optional boss in KH2 final mix, as well as the main protagonist in Birth by Sleep. In his boss fight he appears to much stronger and faster than Sora, as well as knowing more about the Keyblade's true powers. For more detail into this characters powers please watch the video linked here and here. As a final note i would like to set a special rule in this thread that is while Terra has not displayed the ability to use the Keyblades magical powers (ice, lightning, shield etc) please for this thread at least assume he can use them.

Round 1 Terra fights Auron

Round 2 Terra fights Link

Round 3 Terra fights Kratos

Round 4 Terra fights Nightmare

Round 5 Terra fights KH2 Sephiroth

Round 6 Terra fights Kain

Round 7 Terra fights Jack of Blades

Round 8 Terra fights Wesker

Round 9 Terra fights Illidan Stormrage

Special rules:

All characters are limited to their physical capabilities, self teleportation and projectile attacks. TK, Time powers, power absorbing, dimension and Soul powers are excluded even if they fall into a category above.

Terra has a 5 minute break inbetween each round

Last edited by EvilAngel on Sep 25th, 2009 at 04:51 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 04:49 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Re: Terra runs a gauntlet

1. He's faster and more versatile than Auron. He wins.

2. It really depends which Link he's against. I'm gonna use the current console Link (TP) and give this fight to Terra since he'll be able to dodge his projectiles, has the superior speed and projectiles, and he won't be able to recieve the full damage of the Master Sword due to him not being evil.

3. Kratos takes this. All he needs is his Athena Blades and Zeus thunderbolts / Typhon's Bow. If Terra happened to be near him, he's gonna recieve major damage.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 02:07 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Okay let's see;

1. I think Auron would put up a fight, but ultimately yeah, Terra takes it. I was originally going to make it so he has 5 minutes to beat each person before the next attacked, but then there would have been a bit too much infomation to consider so there are some fights in this that are a bit.... one sided now.

2. Yes i should have specified to be honest. But yes i did mean to say it is Twilight Princess Link. Again, I think Terra would take it. More from ABC logic admitidly. I feel Sora would take Link (imo pretty easily, but beside the point) and Terra is stronger than Sora.

3. Eh..... This isn't God Kratos. So i'm not sure Kratos can win. I think Terra would just overwhelm him. I won't pretend to know it, but i think Terra is stronger than Kratos, and he certainly seems to be faster. Combined with his other ability, in specifically his teleportation powers i would go with Terra.

4. Nightmare should probablyt be before Kratos thinking about it. But too late for that now. I think Nightmare might be stronger this time, atleast from what i remember of the character. But slower than Kratos i think he would be an easier Fight than Kratos. So assuming Terra would be Kratos i think he would take down Nightmare.

5. Yeah, the order is pretty off. If he beat the 2 before Seph he'd take him down i think.

6. Eh, mmm, well it would be interesting. Honestly i'm not sure. I think Kain possess abilities that would make the fight last long, and be difficult for Terra to win. He also possess powers enough to be dangerous to Terra. But i don't think Kain would win ultimately. He's slower and weaker than Terra, and that's what i'm going with ultimately, since Terra possess powers to fend off Kain power magic. I would then assume Terra can win by blade crossing.

7. Assuming Jack doesn't act like he does in Fable, and is actually using his powers to their full extent, forgot to mention than in the OP. Since he is a bit of a twit in Fable. Again, i think if Terra would have gotten this far he can probably take Jack..... probably.

8. I'm doubtful from what i've seen from Wesker, though to be honest i really don't know that much.

9. I don't think he beats Illidan.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 02:26 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EvilAngel
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Terra, he is an optional boss in KH2 final mix, as well as the main protagonist in Birth by Sleep. In his boss fight he appears to much stronger and faster than Sora, as well as knowing more about the Keyblade's true powers. For more detail into this characters powers please watch the video linked here and here. As a final note i would like to set a special rule in this thread that is while Terra has not displayed the ability to use the Keyblades magical powers (ice, lightning, shield etc) please for this thread at least assume he can use them.

Round 1 Terra fights Auron

Round 2 Terra fights Link

Round 3 Terra fights Kratos

Round 4 Terra fights Nightmare

Round 5 Terra fights KH2 Sephiroth

Round 6 Terra fights Kain

Round 7 Terra fights Jack of Blades

Round 8 Terra fights Wesker

Round 9 Terra fights Illidan Stormrage

Special rules:

All characters are limited to their physical capabilities, self teleportation and projectile attacks. TK, Time powers, power absorbing, dimension and Soul powers are excluded even if they fall into a category above.

Terra has a 5 minute break inbetween each round

Round 1: Probably Terra based solely on plot placement and the assumption that this is KH2 Auron.

Round 2: Link's magic armor can only hold out for so long before running out or rupees. The most powerful characters any Link has ever beaten were due to plot device over anything else (then again, not nearly as much in the face of KH or any Square-produced RPG).

Round 3: It won't take a God of War Kratos to win this, frankly. He's faced teleporters before, and has magic that puts alot of KH spells to shame in terms of sheer offensive capabilities. And no, no Keyblade/hyperbole wielder has yet shown feats of strength that outshine any of Kratos' best, let alone that of at least one other GoW character.

Round 4: I'm not about to say that a nigh-featless villain like Nightmare would be very formiddable in very many scenarios. Not to say that very many SC characters aren't totally featless.

Round 5: It really depends on what they were trying to make of Sephiroth by plot standards. I'm inclined to say that the real Sephiroth is stronger than KH2 Seph, based mainly on developer confirmations. Again, I think plot matters more to this fight than whatever intentions the developers had making the boss fights or something.

Round 6: No comment.

Round 7: No comment.

Round 8: Wesker's a low-level superhuman at best. The most he has going for him is his very impressive speed and fighting skills. It's obvious he could've stopped and killed any of his enemies at any time during the series. That's a pretty common flaw amongst alot of villains; they're obviously the strongest characters to come out of their respective movies/video games/comic books/etc., but are too overconfident to think that they'd need to impede their enemies' progress, or are just plain unaware of their enemies and the progress they make.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 03:45 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Re: Re: Terra runs a gauntlet

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06

Round 3: It won't take a God of War Kratos to win this, frankly. He's faced teleporters before, and has magic that puts alot of KH spells to shame in terms of sheer offensive capabilities. And no, no Keyblade/hyperbole wielder has yet shown feats of strength that outshine any of Kratos' best, let alone that of at least one other GoW character.

What's Kratos's feat of strength then?

Terra is physically stronger and faster than Sora. Who cut large buildings to bits then smashed them with enough force to ride them towards gigantic nobodies. So maybe that doesn't beat Kratos's strength, but it doesn't actually need to.

Terra is so much faster than Kratos in combat that that's all it will come down to.

Also I've never seen Kratos beat someone who uses teleportation like Terra does.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 04:11 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Kratos tossed a Godzilla-sized, Godly-empowered statue to the ground with his bare hands after catchting its foot from crushing him. He's also manhandled the head of an island-sized Hydra before pulling the head down onto a sharpened mast in an arguably less-powerful state than the aforementioned feat, and also whitstood Atlas trying to crush Kratos between his fingers. For the sake of reference, Atlas in GoW holds up the entire earth from the underworld. He regularly overpowers large beasts and pretty easily rips off limbs or heads, and tears bodies apart. Also worth noting is his Rage forms.

Speed doesn't mean jack when the scale of the other's best attacks border AoE or are outright instant themselves.

Charon in CoO had shown virtually instantaneous movement in his cutscenes, Ares regularly teleported/flew around throughout their fight, Persephone had at least one showing of warping/teleporting, and Zeus as well.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 04:44 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

When i first saw the name Terra for this vs's i was thinking of the one from Final Fantasy 6

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 05:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

He stops at Kratos, who would tear Terra in two.

Jack of Blades according to lore SHOULD win. He and the other two members of the court were able to literally burn all of Albion until it was charred black and the sky was thick with smoke, he lifted the sea into the sky and flooded it, and finally they were able to twist the minds of the entire country to insanity. Jack from lore is leet.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 06:05 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Kratos tossed a Godzilla-sized, Godly-empowered statue to the ground with his bare hands after catchting its foot from crushing him. He's also manhandled the head of an island-sized Hydra before pulling the head down onto a sharpened mast in an arguably less-powerful state than the aforementioned feat, and also whitstood Atlas trying to crush Kratos between his fingers. For the sake of reference, Atlas in GoW holds up the entire earth from the underworld. He regularly overpowers large beasts and pretty easily rips off limbs or heads, and tears bodies apart. Also worth noting is his Rage forms.

Speed doesn't mean jack when the scale of the other's best attacks border AoE or are outright instant themselves.

Charon in CoO had shown virtually instantaneous movement in his cutscenes, Ares regularly teleported/flew around throughout their fight, Persephone had at least one showing of warping/teleporting, and Zeus as well.

Most of those would depend how strong the enemy was. Something we can't compare to Terra -.-' In the first example he sounds stronger than Terra, but he size of the statue is too vague. For a video of the kind of strength Terra posses please watch 2:00 - 2:22 of this video. Please note not only how he cuts through several large buildings, but also bashes them towards the boss, allowing him to ride them to get to the boss. Which maybe that isn't as strong as Kratos, maybe, but it's strong enough for him to be a worthy opponent.

To be honest the moment you said speed doesn't matter i consider this debate over. Of course it matters, how could it not. Most of Terra's fighting will be magical attacks and hit and run attacks that are pretty fast. If that doesn't work he goes crazy with the teleporting. And i looking up all of those bosses. None of them are anywhere close to what Terra does. So Kratos has never fought something like Terra before. He teleports all around you including above you, slashing multiple times a second as well as using magic attacks on you. Something i have yet to see Kratos deal with.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 10:45 AM
SuperLuigi
Restricted

Account Restricted

if he can survive Auron's mind and power break and still win. then he will lose his next fight, since you said nothing of recovery. TP Link can reflect projectiles with his sword and shield and can counter speed with his mortal draw tech. 2 is as far as he gets. Link should at least be 7.
Wesker and Nightmare are 1 and 2

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 01:43 PM
SuperLuigi is currently offline Click here to Send SuperLuigi a Private Message Find more posts by SuperLuigi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Most of those would depend how strong the enemy was. Something we can't compare to Terra -.-' In the first example he sounds stronger than Terra, but he size of the statue is too vague. For a video of the kind of strength Terra posses please watch 2:00 - 2:22 of this video. Please note not only how he cuts through several large buildings, but also bashes them towards the boss, allowing him to ride them to get to the boss. Which maybe that isn't as strong as Kratos, maybe, but it's strong enough for him to be a worthy opponent.

To be honest the moment you said speed doesn't matter i consider this debate over. Of course it matters, how could it not. Most of Terra's fighting will be magical attacks and hit and run attacks that are pretty fast. If that doesn't work he goes crazy with the teleporting. And i looking up all of those bosses. None of them are anywhere close to what Terra does. So Kratos has never fought something like Terra before. He teleports all around you including above you, slashing multiple times a second as well as using magic attacks on you. Something i have yet to see Kratos deal with.

How describing a statue being roughly the size of Godzilla being vague is a mystery to me. Unless you don't know the size of Godzilla, because canonically his height, depending on the conitnuity, ranged from 50, 80, to 100 meters, the latter which is about 320 feet give or take. The colossus is easily between 80 and 100 meters. Hell the Hydra head was probably a good 50 meters. I'm also really not impressed by what you presented in the video, as it's a prime example of what I mean when I say a Keyblade wielder's best feats are due to the Keyblade before their actual abilities. As soon as he throws something like that with his bare hands, then I'll be inclined to say that he or Terra would be a match for Kratos physically.

It actually really is that simple. Aside form the fact that KH's gameplay revolves almost mainly around pure hyperbole and exagerration, the fact remains that Kratos' best spells are yet to be outweighed by what I'd seen Terra do, and any magic Terra has, Kratos has at least two means to counter it and send it straight back at him. Seeing as what we see of the characters in actual cinema often end up not nearly as over the top as in gameplay, it doesn't take much to deduce that alot of what they do in game can't be done canonically. And as far as weapons are concerned, the Blade of Olympus pretty much spits of whatever it is any Keyblade's ever done. One swing of it and Terra will end up a pile of blood-soaked armor (might I also mention the attack itself was practically city-scaping, not counting the nigh-world scaping blast tha banished the Titans to the underworld in one move).

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 06:12 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

How describing a statue being roughly the size of Godzilla being vague is a mystery to me. Unless you don't know the size of Godzilla, because canonically his height, depending on the conitnuity, ranged from 50, 80, to 100 meters, the latter which is about 320 feet give or take. The colossus is easily between 80 and 100 meters. Hell the Hydra head was probably a good 50 meters. I'm also really not impressed by what you presented in the video, as it's a prime example of what I mean when I say a Keyblade wielder's best feats are due to the Keyblade before their actual abilities. As soon as he throws something like that with his bare hands, then I'll be inclined to say that he or Terra would be a match for Kratos physically.

It actually really is that simple. Aside form the fact that KH's gameplay revolves almost mainly around pure hyperbole and exagerration, the fact remains that Kratos' best spells are yet to be outweighed by what I'd seen Terra do, and any magic Terra has, Kratos has at least two means to counter it and send it straight back at him. Seeing as what we see of the characters in actual cinema often end up not nearly as over the top as in gameplay, it doesn't take much to deduce that alot of what they do in game can't be done canonically. And as far as weapons are concerned, the Blade of Olympus pretty much spits of whatever it is any Keyblade's ever done. One swing of it and Terra will end up a pile of blood-soaked armor (might I also mention the attack itself was practically city-scaping, not counting the nigh-world scaping blast tha banished the Titans to the underworld in one move).

Which godzilla movie are you even referring to? Are you aware in the originals the monsters size varies massively. In some scenes he's only the size of an apartment block, in others he's peering over mountains. Just give me feet or meters if you can estimate it. It's so much simpler.

Yeah great. Irrelevant too. He'll be wielding the keyblade the whole time, so those strength feats are applicable. And it's a theme throughout the whole of kingdom hearts that the Keyblade is a powerful weapon so of course it amps their powers that's the point of the weapon. Now if you're finished dodging points maybe you'll want to actually debate why Kratos should win. He's allot slower, not strong enough to be immune to Terra's attacks, and has no experience fighting someone like Terra. So basicaly, Kratos smash. That's all he has.

Blade of Olympus can bring worlds to ruin can it? Nothing I've ever heard. Seriously your post is purely "OMG the keyblade is over hyped!" "I'm not impressed" "That's just over the top!" More interestingly where did i say he got the Blade of Olympus?

Nothing you've wrote in those two long paragraphs resembles a debate. I'm going to sleep. Maybe you should change debating tactics.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 06:55 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just wiki the Colossus of rhodes, I think it may have its size in feet or meters

edit: the Colossus of rhodes was 30 meters tall (107 feet)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 09:36 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Burning thought
Just wiki the Colossus of rhodes, I think it may have its size in feet or meters

edit: the Colossus of rhodes was 30 meters tall (107 feet)

Perfect, thank you BT!

A little smaller than any of the Godzilla's i was thinknig of atleast.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 11:55 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

He is not getting past kratos. The guy owned a island size hydra.

Hell Link will stop him dead in his tracks too.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 05:19 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Phanteros
He is not getting past kratos. The guy owned a island size hydra.

Hell Link will stop him dead in his tracks too.

I like this post.

Good evidentiary support, and solid reasoning. Kratos can kill a Hydra. Fantastic.

Note; Can i ask. Is there anyone there who thinks Terra could NOT kill that hydra?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 05:27 PM
NemeBro

No, but could he impale said island-sized Hydra's head on a pike with pure strength?
'
Or could he stop Atlas from crushing him beneath his fingers? To give a general idea of how strong Atlas is, he throws mountains like pebbles, and holds up the crust, or more, of the planet.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 12:49 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by NemeBro
No, but could he impale said island-sized Hydra's head on a pike with pure strength?
'
Or could he stop Atlas from crushing him beneath his fingers? To give a general idea of how strong Atlas is, he throws mountains like pebbles, and holds up the crust, or more, of the planet.

Unless that proves Terra can't hurt him. I fail to see the point of this post =s

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 12:53 AM

Round 1 Terra fights Auron - Terra

Round 2 Terra fights Link - Link

Round 3 Terra fights Kratos - Kratos

Round 4 Terra fights Nightmare - Terra

Round 5 Terra fights KH2 Sephiroth - Could go either way

Round 6 Terra fights Kain - Kain

Round 7 Terra fights Jack of Blades - dont know

Round 8 Terra fights Wesker - Terra

Round 9 Terra fights Illidan Stormrage - dont know

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 01:03 AM
117 is currently offline Click here to Send 117 a Private Message Find more posts by 117 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Unless that proves Terra can't hurt him. I fail to see the point of this post =s
I was just arguing strength, I know little to nothing of Terra.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 01:11 AM